"Niche and academic, hugely stimulating and world class."
- There’s a collegiate and supportive culture within the firm.
- Regular training seminars ensure that trainees are constantly developing as lawyers.
- High-quality work is offered to trainees from early in their contract.
- The firm has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion in many forms.
- Working hours can be tough and, at times, quite unpredictable.
- There isn’t a lot of formal training in some departments.
- The distribution of workloads can be imbalanced.
- Some trainees feel that the salary is slightly dropping behind competitors.
What insiders say about...
"There is an open day where applicants are interviewed and take part in group activities..."
"Although the firm could organise more sponsored events, there is a friendly and welcoming..."
"The sessions are varied and good on the whole. That said, they can often get cancelled..."
"Everyone, including solicitors and partners, is very approachable and willing to..."
"Offices are a bit old and tired and the client rooms are not impressive. That said,..."
"The hours can range depending on your workload and the stage of the transaction...."
"There's good pay, but low bonuses."
"Heavily subsidised canteen. Top of the range BlackBerrys, laptops. Great secretarial..."
"The process involved an interview or open day for a vacation scheme - the firm recruit..."
"I was mostly asked questions about me and my journey that lead me here."
"Recycling is encouraged at the firm."
"I think the firm could definitely be more diverse - we are overall largely middle..."
"I feel as though I have much more client interaction than my peers in other firms...."
"There is a lot of pro bono and work ranges from drafting contracts to giving advice..."
"Excellent work, highly intelligent colleagues, flexible working conditions."
"Nothing is considered above your pay grade, which can be overwhelming when you first..."
"The very short application process and prestigious reputation of the firm."
"The last intake was fully retained."
"On the day of the Christmas party, the first-year trainees dress up as elves and..."
"An interesting place to work and a very nice working environment."
"Not a huge amount."
"Currently not so much as my supervisor is responsible for my time and matters, and..."
"I would suggest that the training be slightly more formalised so that your learning..."