"International and cutting-edge."
- There’s a collegiate and supportive culture within the firm.
- Regular training seminars ensure trainees are constantly developing as lawyers.
- Trainees are very happy with the salaries on offer for associate level and above.
- There is high-quality work offered to trainees from early in their contract.
- Working hours can be tough and, at times, quite unpredictable.
- There isn’t a lot of formal training overall or in specific departments.
- The distribution of workloads can be imbalanced.
- Some trainees feel that they do not have enough holiday allowance.
What insiders say about...
"Research the firm thoroughly, be on top of commercial awareness and in touch with..."
"Colleagues are very friendly and willing to work with one another. Likewise, the..."
"Training tends to be far less formal than at other firms. There is a series of lunchtime..."
"We have plenty of mentors assigned to us from day one. I’ve found them to be really..."
"The offices are fine, if a little old now. The location is perfect, as the office..."
"There are long hours and I can sometimes feel pressure to keep up with everyone else...."
"Excellent pay and bonus."
"Dinners and car after a certain time."
"The process involved an interview or open day for a vacation scheme - the firm recruit..."
"I was asked numerous technical, contractual and competition, and business questions...."
"I haven't seen a huge amount of information on this."
"Diversity in some areas such as gender, ethnicity and LGBT is superb and encouraged,..."
"I am a first seat trainee sitting with a senior associate. During my first week I..."
"I am involved in a refugee assistance program and deal with several cases where we..."
"I do the best work, while working comparable hours to and receiving more pay than..."
"Occasionally there can be a lack of structure in the work that I am given."
"I liked the easy application process and the pay."
"The last intake was fully retained."
"Friday treats often take place on all of the floors in the London office."
"Intellectual, prestigious and collegiate."
"Cleary Gottlieb recruits from a wide range of law schools and colleges across the..."
"All jobs in the legal sector can be stressful, I would imagine. Stress at Cleary..."
"More training could be on offer to trainees, in my opinion."