"Truly international, complex transactions!"
- There’s a collegiate and supportive culture within the firm.
- Regular training seminars ensure trainees are constantly developing as lawyers.
- Trainees are very happy with the salaries on offer for associate level and above.
- There is high-quality work offered to trainees from early in their contract.
- Working hours can be tough and, at times, quite unpredictable.
- There isn’t a lot of formal training overall or in specific departments.
- The distribution of workloads can be imbalanced.
- Some trainees feel that they do not have enough holiday allowance.
What insiders say about...
"I applied with a CV and cover letter, then I attended an open day, where I had an..."
"The ethos at the firm is very friendly and sociable at all levels of the organisation...."
"We have a lot of training, a session nearly every other week with a partner or a..."
"If you want to be mentored or trained informally, you can always ask. Some lawyers..."
"Offices are a bit old and tired and the client rooms are not impressive. That said,..."
"I have not had to work particularly long hours yet, but I am told that they will..."
"There's good pay, but low bonuses."
"Heavily subsidised canteen. Top of the range BlackBerrys, laptops. Great secretarial..."
"The typical route is CV and covering letter by way of application for a vacation..."
"I was asked about a finance case study."
"Leaving the lights and computer on all night is normal, as is printing reams upon..."
"The firm promote many diversity groups including the Women's Working Group."
"A lot of responsibility is given. Deals are pretty high-profile."
"I worked on a re-sentencing project in Malawi following a court's ruling that the..."
"A truly international office that afforded me the opportunity to spend six months..."
"I haven't experienced it yet, but I understand that there are times when it can be..."
"The high-quality work, international reach and reputation in the market."
"The retention rates are consistent and a large number seem to be kept on. I am fairly..."
"Trainees dress up as elves at Christmas and throw sweets at fellow lawyers while..."
"Collegiate, elite, supportive and client-oriented."
"Not a huge amount."
"All jobs in the legal sector can be stressful, I would imagine. Stress at Cleary..."
"Make it easier to be able to switch off once you are on holiday."