"Hard-working, creative and friendly."
- There’s a collegiate and supportive culture within the firm.
- Regular training seminars ensure that trainees are constantly developing as lawyers.
- High-quality work is offered to trainees from early in their contract.
- The firm has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion in many forms.
- Working hours can be tough and, at times, quite unpredictable.
- There isn’t a lot of formal training in some departments.
- The distribution of workloads can be imbalanced.
- Some trainees feel that the salary is slightly dropping behind competitors.
What insiders say about...
"Good grades, an enthusiastic attitude and a willingness to learn and get involved..."
"Very flat structure, partners are mostly very approachable and friendly. Trainees..."
"The training scheme has improved with weekly lectures and lunchtime talks, ranging..."
"Performance reviews are carried out very thoroughly, which is good. Mentoring is..."
"The office I work in is in a good location, but I think many would say the offices..."
"Working hours vary and can be long at times. On the whole, weekends and holidays..."
"Pay is good at my firm, certainly in the context of the market. Bonuses are given..."
"The gym membership is great and the pension contribution, regardless of whether you..."
"The typical route is CV and covering letter by way of application for a vacation..."
"How might a company choose to raise money?"
"Haven't heard much about it. Definitely could do better."
"Gender diversity is improving but there is still room for more women in top positions...."
"The quality of the work is high. Though we are asked to do 'typical trainee tasks',..."
"I have been encouraged to get involved in a wide variety of pro bono projects and..."
"The challenging work allows me to be right at the heart of the case and feel like..."
"The workload can be unpredictable sometimes."
"I wanted to work at a place that was intellectually challenging, and thus Cleary..."
"Retention rates have traditionally been good."
"We have an office in Seoul."
"Smart, down-to-earth and prestigious."
"As long as you have the qualifications or otherwise impress HR, no one cares about..."
"All jobs in the legal sector can be stressful, I would imagine. Stress at Cleary..."
"More opportunities for feedback/active learning."