"Never a dull moment."
- There’s a collegiate and supportive culture within the firm.
- Regular training seminars ensure that trainees are constantly developing as lawyers.
- High-quality work is offered to trainees from early in their contract.
- The firm has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion in many forms.
- Working hours can be tough and, at times, quite unpredictable.
- There isn’t a lot of formal training in some departments.
- The distribution of workloads can be imbalanced.
- Some trainees feel that the salary is slightly dropping behind competitors.
What insiders say about...
"I would advise applicants to be sincere. Insincerity is transparent and the cover..."
"Cooperation and teamwork is excellent. Everyone works hard so nobody is left to carry..."
"Trainees are regularly contacted by the KM group to ask what training would be most..."
"Although there is an open-door policy at the firm, I do not feel that partners are..."
"Offices are a bit old and tired and the client rooms are not impressive. That said,..."
"Practicing law in the City - in any of the Magic Circle or top tier firms - will..."
"I believe it's higher than the average in the City, which I guess reflects the high..."
"There are decent expense accounts available for those lawyers working abroad and..."
"The application process involved an interview day, negotiation exercises, competition..."
"I had questions around the topic of disclosing information to shareholders; including..."
"I'm not sure what efforts the firm actually makes in this area, apart from recycling...."
"I think the firm could definitely be more diverse - we are overall largely middle..."
"It changes by seat. At present, I am performing a sweeping role on a huge merger..."
"We can give our time to a free women's legal advice clinic, advising international..."
"The interesting work and great colleagues."
"Deadlines can be tight, and hours can be long."
"I applied to the firm because of its reputation for excellence."
"They are excellent and everyone who wants to stay is able to in general."
"On the day of the Christmas party, the first-year trainees dress up as elves and..."
"Truly international, complex transactions!"
"Not a huge amount."
"All jobs in the legal sector can be stressful, I would imagine. Stress at Cleary..."
"I would suggest that the training be slightly more formalised so that your learning..."