"Collegiate and friendly."
- There’s a collegiate and supportive culture within the firm.
- Regular training seminars ensure that trainees are constantly developing as lawyers.
- High-quality work is offered to trainees from early in their contract.
- The firm has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion in many forms.
- Working hours can be tough and, at times, quite unpredictable.
- There isn’t a lot of formal training in some departments.
- The distribution of workloads can be imbalanced.
- Some trainees feel that the salary is slightly dropping behind competitors.
What insiders say about...
"Tailor your application to the firm. Explain why Cleary, and not any other firm,..."
"Although the firm could organise more sponsored events, there is a friendly and welcoming..."
"The firm puts more emphasis on learning on the job than on strict training regimes...."
"Supervisors are very ready to help if you simply explain that you need a little guidance..."
"The firm is in the heart of the City; the office is smart and functional, and all..."
"The hours can be long, but very rarely encroach upon the weekends. The firm is very..."
"I'm happy with my salary."
"Great, exclusive gym membership."
"The application process involved an interview day, negotiation exercises, competition..."
"I was asked very little about my CV. I was given various scenarios and asked how..."
"Recycling is encouraged and recycling bins are made readily available on all floors...."
"There are a number of diversity committees and everyone is encouraged to participate...."
"I have experienced a lot of client interaction, and been given plenty of responsibility..."
"I have already been involved in a very interesting pro bono project, and there always..."
"The pay. The exciting projects."
"We don't always have the extra resources which a larger firm might."
"The cross-border work, collaborative culture, calibre of lawyers and international..."
"The last intake was fully retained."
"The first-year trainee group is in charge of 'elving' each December. They organise..."
"Smart, down-to-earth and prestigious."
"Unlike some firms to which I applied, there is absolutely no Oxbridge bias in Cleary's..."
"Currently not so much as my supervisor is responsible for my time and matters, and..."
"More opportunities for feedback/active learning."