"Brilliant, friendly, flexible!"
- There’s a collegiate and supportive culture within the firm.
- Regular training seminars ensure that trainees are constantly developing as lawyers.
- High-quality work is offered to trainees from early in their contract.
- The firm has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion in many forms.
- Working hours can be tough and, at times, quite unpredictable.
- There isn’t a lot of formal training in some departments.
- The distribution of workloads can be imbalanced.
- Some trainees feel that the salary is slightly dropping behind competitors.
What insiders say about...
"Exceptional academic credentials are the norm. Aside from qualifications, the firm..."
"There's no pressure to go out and drink but there's a very friendly open-door culture...."
"Training tends to be far less formal than at other firms. There is a series of lunchtime..."
"Informal training is excellent. Partners and associates are generally approachable..."
"The fact that our current offices show their age is negated by the fact that we're..."
"The worst thing about the hours is the unpredictability, but they probably average..."
"Generally, quite generous."
"There's nothing too unusual. We get a dinner allowance of up to £25 if you stay..."
"The process was as follows: send in CV and cover letter to apply; you then attend..."
"If you were on Big Brother, what would be your tactic to win?"
"Recycling is encouraged and recycling bins are made readily available on all floors...."
"There has been a recent push with more initiatives."
"I have had a lot of client interaction in my first seat. My day-to-day responsibilities..."
"I worked on a re-sentencing project in Malawi following a court's ruling that the..."
"The pay. The exciting projects."
"Some resources, such as precedents and standard forms, can be hard to find and are..."
"The firm's international reputation and the level and quality of its work were all..."
"Retention rates have been 100% in the past but three trainees out of 14 were not..."
"We're non-departmentalised and many associates practice more than one area of law...."
"Never a dull moment."
"Cleary Gottlieb recruits from a wide range of law schools and colleges across the..."
"Currently not so much as my supervisor is responsible for my time and matters, and..."
"More consistent hours."