"Smart, down-to-earth and prestigious."
- There’s a collegiate and supportive culture within the firm.
- Regular training seminars ensure that trainees are constantly developing as lawyers.
- High-quality work is offered to trainees from early in their contract.
- The firm has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion in many forms.
- Working hours can be tough and, at times, quite unpredictable.
- There isn’t a lot of formal training in some departments.
- The distribution of workloads can be imbalanced.
- Some trainees feel that the salary is slightly dropping behind competitors.
What insiders say about...
"Learn about our clients and deals we have worked on, demonstrate interest in a few..."
"The firm is very collegiate and there is an 'open-door' policy."
"Training tends to be far less formal than at other firms. There is a series of lunchtime..."
"My mentors have been extremely helpful and available to assist when I have called..."
"Our office was brand new as of January 2018 so the space and facilities are very..."
"My hours can be long and unpredictable but I knew that coming into the job. If anything,..."
"I think we are the best paid firm in the City."
"We get taxis and free dinners if we are working on behalf of a client past a certain..."
"My interview questions were not tough in themselves, but the fact you have to get..."
"I was asked quite substantive problem questions. e.g. "You work for an airline company..."
"Recycling is encouraged at the firm."
"I am aware of many diversity initiatives occurring within the firm."
"I have had a lot of client interaction in my first seat. My day-to-day responsibilities..."
"Our contribution to pro bono is flexible and the firm welcomes people of all levels..."
"The atmosphere and the amount of responsibility we are given are the best things..."
"Unpredictable hours, weekend work and late nights in the office."
"I like the small intake (only nine trainees in my year). There's an international..."
"Although a few trainees have left, and a number of associates too, the firm has good..."
"On the day of the Christmas party, the first-year trainees dress up as elves and..."
"Innovative and hardworking."
"Unlike some firms to which I applied, there is absolutely no Oxbridge bias in Cleary's..."
"All jobs in the legal sector can be stressful, I would imagine. Stress at Cleary..."
"Increase the holiday allowance, some firms offer a lot more than we do."