"Sociable, friendly, academic, supportive and hardworking."
- There’s a collegiate and supportive culture within the firm.
- Regular training seminars ensure that trainees are constantly developing as lawyers.
- High-quality work is offered to trainees from early in their contract.
- The firm has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion in many forms.
- Working hours can be tough and, at times, quite unpredictable.
- There isn’t a lot of formal training in some departments.
- The distribution of workloads can be imbalanced.
- Some trainees feel that the salary is slightly dropping behind competitors.
What insiders say about...
"Ensure that you are aware of current affairs for the interview."
"Outside the office, there is little pressure at the firm to socialise or drink with..."
"There's informal training every Monday lunchtime given by Cleary associates where..."
"We have plenty of mentors assigned to us from day one. I’ve found them to be really..."
"The offices are fine, if a little old now. The location is perfect, as the office..."
"It can vary by deal-flow and practice area etc. The nature of the work means that..."
"Our pay is good. We're not the market leader but it's very competitive."
"5% pension and gym membership!"
"The typical route is CV and covering letter by way of application for a vacation..."
"I was asked a broad range of questions, ranging from hobbies listed on my CV to more..."
"Our office building supports a number of sustainability initiatives, including extensive..."
"I think the firm could definitely be more diverse - we are overall largely middle..."
"It's very good. There is no clerical work to do: if it can be done by a secretary,..."
"The firm runs a whole range of pro bono projects from outreach in schools to death..."
"The firm boasts absolutely top notch colleagues and quality of work."
"The hours can be unpredictable."
"The fact that I would be in an intake of ten or so and, therefore, would have a chance..."
"Retention rates have been 100% in the past but three trainees out of 14 were not..."
"We have an office in Seoul."
"Specialised, dedicated and approachable."
"Unlike some firms to which I applied, there is absolutely no Oxbridge bias in Cleary's..."
"Levels of stress depend what seat you are in - what work you are doing and with whom...."
"More formal training in each practice area before beginning each seat."