"The firm is eccentric, interesting and non-hierarchical."
- There’s a collegiate and supportive culture within the firm.
- Regular training seminars ensure that trainees are constantly developing as lawyers.
- High-quality work is offered to trainees from early in their contract.
- The firm has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion in many forms.
- Working hours can be tough and, at times, quite unpredictable.
- There isn’t a lot of formal training in some departments.
- The distribution of workloads can be imbalanced.
- Some trainees feel that the salary is slightly dropping behind competitors.
What insiders say about...
"Make sure you have good commercial awareness when you are applying. Ensure that you..."
"Everyone is very friendly and very happy to help."
"The firm organises extensive learning and development training covering all aspects..."
"There are a number of people responsible for your wellbeing and professional growth,..."
"Good location, right by the Tube, and the mainline station. Nice kitchen areas, canteen..."
"The hours can range depending on your workload and the stage of the transaction...."
"Trainees get a bonus, which is unusual. It's reasonable too. In terms of regular..."
"Free dinners, taxis, pension!"
"My interview questions were not tough in themselves, but the fact you have to get..."
"It is unusual as they did not ask me about my CV or past experiences, but instead..."
"I'm not sure what efforts the firm actually makes in this area, apart from recycling...."
"We do a lot of diversity work. It can be hard to see the benefits immediately but..."
"I am satisfied with the quality of work assigned. As the most junior person on a..."
"I am involved in a refugee assistance program and deal with several cases where we..."
"My colleagues are great and I undertake work that is good quality."
"Perhaps some departments could have more staff so as to help with the busy and heavy..."
"Meeting representatives from the firm at a university law fair. They were friendly,..."
"When it comes to retention, Cleary is better than most firms. It prefers to foster..."
"Friday treats often take place on all of the floors in the London office."
"Collegiate, elite, supportive and client-oriented."
"As long as you have the qualifications or otherwise impress HR, no one cares about..."
"All jobs in the legal sector can be stressful, I would imagine. Stress at Cleary..."
"Fix practice group-specific training programmes for a more substantive legal education...."