"Collegiate, elite, supportive and client-oriented."
- There’s a collegiate and supportive culture within the firm.
- Regular training seminars ensure that trainees are constantly developing as lawyers.
- High-quality work is offered to trainees from early in their contract.
- The firm has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion in many forms.
- Working hours can be tough and, at times, quite unpredictable.
- There isn’t a lot of formal training in some departments.
- The distribution of workloads can be imbalanced.
- Some trainees feel that the salary is slightly dropping behind competitors.
What insiders say about...
"Proactive & enthusiastic intelligent people, with some personality! As for advice..."
"There is a good atmosphere among colleagues, and a flat hierarchy in most teams."
"We have frequent in-house training sessions by all the practice groups and professional..."
"Solicitors and partners are very accessible. Trainees also have mentors (who aren't..."
"The fact that our current offices show their age is negated by the fact that we're..."
"I have had a lot of family issues/health problems and the firm has been very supportive...."
"I'm happy with my salary."
"5% pension and gym membership!"
"The typical route is CV and covering letter by way of application for a vacation..."
"I was asked very little about my CV. I was given various scenarios and asked how..."
"I'm not sure what efforts the firm actually makes in this area, apart from recycling...."
"There is a very active diversity committee with including a Women's Working Group..."
"The work is generally of very high quality. We are rarely expected to do menial tasks..."
"Pro bono range is improving. I have taught Citizenship in Schools, participated in..."
"There is a lot of responsibility early on but you are still given plenty of support..."
"Days can start in Moscow time and end after New York closes."
"I like the small intake (only nine trainees in my year). There's an international..."
"Very high, and good chance of being kept on if it is what both parties want at the..."
"The first-year trainee group is in charge of 'elving' each December. They organise..."
"Ambitious, supportive, hard-working."
"Not a huge amount."
"Levels of stress depend what seat you are in - what work you are doing and with whom...."
"I would suggest that the training be slightly more formalised so that your learning..."