"A meritocratic and diverse firm to work for."
- There are lots of different pro bono projects that trainees can get involved in.
- Diversity is a high priority for the firm and there are many initiatives supporting it.
- The firm has a very friendly culture and many social activities.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and interesting work from the start.
- Tasks can be shared inconsistently, leading to trainees having varied amounts of work.
- Some departments have very long and unpredictable hours.
- Trainees feel the firm does not do much towards green initiatives.
- There could be more transparency around seats.
What insiders say about...
"CC are looking for highly motivated, hard-working and intelligent graduates. You..."
"There is a lack of hierarchy evident for most departments, and cooperation and socialising..."
"The training is good, and you develop legal and project management skills quickly...."
"As always, depends on the mentor - but the majority of my experience has been very..."
"The firm's offices are arguably the best of any London law firm. One of the benefits..."
"It depends on the transaction you are working on. Sometimes you will have to stay..."
"The salary is brilliant however I think trainees should be paid more if they have..."
"We have a lovely swimming pool, trainee socials run by trainees, an incredible summer..."
"The hardest part is getting through the application stage, which is the part nobody..."
"The interview process is tailored to each individual and from there the questions..."
"There are lots of recycling facilities at the firm which are easily accessible, (there..."
"With regard to diversity, the firm is very strong in many cases. However in my opinion..."
"I have lots of client interaction. My day-to-day responsibilities include drafting,..."
"There are lots of programmes, from community activities and legal advice clinics,..."
"Amazing people. Amazing office. Amazing opportunities."
"The hours are consistently fairly long."
"Factors in my decision to apply here included the amazing training; great working..."
"Retention rates at the firm are among the best in the City."
"We are the only London firm which regularly serve Smarties cookies as part of its..."
"Ambitious, friendly and fun."
"The firm has a variety of ways through which one can get to know it. There are open..."
"I think, as a trainee, the job is more pressured than stressful - deadlines are often..."
"I would prefer there to be less admin work e.g. bundle and bibles making."