"Clifford Chance is the best of the best."
- There are lots of different pro bono projects that trainees can get involved in.
- Diversity is a high priority for the firm and there are many initiatives supporting it.
- The firm has a very friendly culture and many social activities.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and interesting work from the start.
- Tasks can be shared inconsistently, leading to trainees having varied amounts of work.
- Some departments have very long and unpredictable hours.
- Trainees feel the firm does not do much towards green initiatives.
- There could be more transparency around seats.
What insiders say about...
"There was a long application form including a number of essay questions and a Watson..."
"There is a genuinely friendly atmosphere, as everyone is very friendly and supportive...."
"The training is good, but I feel that a lot of it is a bit of information overload...."
"I have had mixed levels of involvement from my mentoring partners. My most recent..."
"The building is huge with loads of facilities on site including a dry cleaners and..."
"The firm is very flexible if you don't have much work on, but you are kept very busy..."
"While trainees do not receive bonuses, I do think that the pay is very good."
"Frozen yoghurt machine and spin classes."
"The process consisted of the following: a verbal reasoning test, a group exercise..."
"I had to show why I wanted to work in law, and for Clifford Chance, and what I had..."
"Awareness of paper usage - posters in print rooms of Burj Khalifa and Central Park..."
"I am really pleased how committed Clifford Chance is to diversity. You find people..."
"The quality of work is excellent. It's a large firm with extensive business services,..."
"I have worked on a number of projects for Advocates for International Development..."
"I benefit from working with the people at Clifford Chance, and on high-quality deals...."
"The hours and total lack of consideration for a work/life balance."
"People at the firm were unexpectedly friendly and there was never a cut-throat atmosphere..."
"Declining in recent years, though still very good. However, if you want to train..."
"25 years ago - while Canary Wharf was being built - the current site of the office..."
"The firm is cohesive, vibrant and demanding."
"We are associated with various schemes and charities. the firm also runs competitions..."
"I think, as a trainee, the job is more pressured than stressful - deadlines are often..."
"Increasing the seat numbers on offer would benefit trainees."