"A meritocratic firm that is excellent at its job, while taking..."
- There are lots of different pro bono projects that trainees can get involved in.
- Diversity is a high priority for the firm and there are many initiatives supporting it.
- The firm has a very friendly culture and many social activities.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and interesting work from the start.
- Tasks can be shared inconsistently, leading to trainees having varied amounts of work.
- Some departments have very long and unpredictable hours.
- Trainees feel the firm does not do much towards green initiatives.
- There could be more transparency around seats.
What insiders say about...
"Stay on top of financial news. Have a unique reason for going in to law, rather than..."
"There is an 'open-door' policy and most people are very approachable, from business..."
"No stone is left unturned in training, especially that on offer when you are moving..."
"Very good mentoring system - good work is recognised and areas for improvement are..."
"We do not have an open space environment and instead share rooms with one or three..."
"It depends on the transaction you are working on. Sometimes you will have to stay..."
"I believe I am well paid for my work at Clifford Chance."
"The best perks involve free tickets to O2 events in our corporate box, a free gym..."
"Online psychometric test, assessment day involving hour interview, further verbal..."
"I had to show why I wanted to work in law, and for Clifford Chance, and what I had..."
"Clifford Chance is good at considering the environment and has made efforts in this..."
"The firm employs a diverse work force, and there are many groups and events focused..."
"Good balance of administrative/process tasks and complex legal/commercial tasks."
"The firm is really very committed and all trainees have to say how many hours they've..."
"The people and sociability. The buzz of new work and exciting projects. A real team..."
"The hours are rough and the stakes are high. Sleep and calm are in short supply."
"I was encouraged to apply to my firm because of its global status and because of..."
"Retention rates at the firm are among the best in the City."
"When there's a Tube strike, you get a free breakfast if you get in before 9:30am...."
"International, ambitious and world-class."
"Of all the Magic Circle firms, we appear to have the broadest university recruitment..."
"I think, as a trainee, the job is more pressured than stressful - deadlines are often..."
"I would like the firm to expand the secondment opportunities even further."