"Clifford Chance is the best of the best."
- There are lots of different pro bono projects that trainees can get involved in.
- Diversity is a high priority for the firm and there are many initiatives supporting it.
- The firm has a very friendly culture and many social activities.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and interesting work from the start.
- Tasks can be shared inconsistently, leading to trainees having varied amounts of work.
- Some departments have very long and unpredictable hours.
- Trainees feel the firm does not do much towards green initiatives.
- There could be more transparency around seats.
What insiders say about...
"Learn about the firm and what makes it different to other MC firms. Best way to do..."
"It's a very large firm. It's hard to maintain a uniform culture but it does a very..."
"No stone is left unturned in training, especially that on offer when you are moving..."
"Partners and associates are generally willing to give feedback and answer your questions...."
"The building is huge with loads of facilities on site including a dry cleaners and..."
"My hours are very long, but it's what I signed up for and feel that I am both adding..."
"As the most highly paid trainees in the UK, it's hard to complain, though many trainees..."
"There are lots of opportunities to attend client entertaining events and a very healthy..."
"The interview was friendly, I was asked how my degree subject related to a career..."
"The partner interview had more involved questions about what the role of solicitor..."
"The firm is investing a lot of money into reducing its carbon footprint."
"I am really pleased how committed Clifford Chance is to diversity. You find people..."
"Client interaction varies between seats and matters, but you will rarely be excluded..."
"I have worked on one large pro bono project called Lifescape, which is an NGO effectively..."
"The people and sociability. The buzz of new work and exciting projects. A real team..."
"My long hours have been a drawback for me at times."
"I was encouraged to apply to my firm because of its global status and because of..."
"Rates are generally good. Magic circle tends be lower than a lot of firms, but it..."
"25 years ago - while Canary Wharf was being built - the current site of the office..."
"International, ambitious and world-class."
"Of all the Magic Circle firms, we appear to have the broadest university recruitment..."
"Part of working in a highly charged and pressured environment is stress. It's not..."
"Increase the work sharing capacity between the whole pool of trainees. The utilisation..."