"Progressive, innovative and inclusive."
- There are lots of different pro bono projects that trainees can get involved in.
- Diversity is a high priority for the firm and there are many initiatives supporting it.
- The firm has a very friendly culture and many social activities.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and interesting work from the start.
- Tasks can be shared inconsistently, leading to trainees having varied amounts of work.
- Some departments have very long and unpredictable hours.
- Trainees feel the firm does not do much towards green initiatives.
- There could be more transparency around seats.
What insiders say about...
"Be very up to speed with current affairs, and show the ability to approach issues..."
"The teams I have worked in have been very friendly and supportive. People were happy..."
"The training is good, and you develop legal and project management skills quickly...."
"From my experience, there is no end to the amount of help available and recognition..."
"Business casual - although some dress more snappily than others! On the occasions..."
"The hours vary. People work hard during the week so that their weekends and holidays..."
"I am very well paid for a job that I absolutely love."
"Clifford Chance has so many perks, including pensions, taxis, free tickets and the..."
"There are various aptitude tests and case studies plus an interview - think carefully..."
"Half of the interview consisted of answering questions on a case study and half revolved..."
"Recycling bins everywhere but difficult for lawyers not to print out lots of paper!..."
"We have an active LGBT department and, from what I've seen, the firm is good with..."
"Responsibility is doled out in transactional seats if you are competent. I have met..."
"CC is a market leader in pro bono. I have worked on up to ten corporate responsibility..."
"The pay and the prestige on your CV."
"Difficult to get the seats you want. Not a great work/life balance."
"I was encouraged to apply to the firm by the training on offer, the international..."
"Rates are generally good. Magic circle tends be lower than a lot of firms, but it..."
"25 years ago - while Canary Wharf was being built - the current site of the office..."
"A friendly, high-achieving and market-leading firm to work for."
"Mentoring and recruitment events are held at local schools/universities. However,..."
"I think, as a trainee, the job is more pressured than stressful - deadlines are often..."
"Slightly more regular hours."