"International, global leader, cutting-edge work."
- There are lots of different pro bono projects that trainees can get involved in.
- Diversity is a high priority for the firm and there are many initiatives supporting it.
- The firm has a very friendly culture and many social activities.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and interesting work from the start.
- Tasks can be shared inconsistently, leading to trainees having varied amounts of work.
- Some departments have very long and unpredictable hours.
- Trainees feel the firm does not do much towards green initiatives.
- There could be more transparency around seats.
What insiders say about...
"I would recommend that trainees prepare some good behavioural examples of real situations..."
"This has varied from department to department. But currently I'd say the culture..."
"The training offered by the Clifford Chance Academy is second to none."
"As always, depends on the mentor - but the majority of my experience has been very..."
"Business casual - although some dress more snappily than others! On the occasions..."
"You have to work late if the deal requires (which it often does). Generally during..."
"Pay is now better than other Magic Circle firms, (at a more junior level). Trainees..."
"We have a lovely swimming pool, trainee socials run by trainees, an incredible summer..."
"I applied for a vacation scheme in 2010 and the assessment process involved two online..."
"I was asked about economic drivers and how they influence the legal industry. I was..."
"There are efforts to reduce our paper consumption, which I think could go further...."
"The firm is very diverse in terms of ethnicity and it is flexible concerning maternity..."
"As a first-seat trainee in Litigation and Dispute Resolution, I've worked largely..."
"I work with the Crisis and Peabody initiative, conducting mock interviews for adults..."
"The friendly, open atmosphere and the challenging work."
"I struggle to maintain a good work/life balance at times."
"Reputation, quality of training and quality of work."
"The retention rate is excellent: who could complain about a 97% retention rate."
"We have an in-house bar with a view over the city."
"Exciting and sociable, but tough."
"There are lots of local initiatives in the Tower Hamlets area, etc."
"Part of working in a highly charged and pressured environment is stress. It's not..."
"I would like the firm to expand the secondment opportunities even further."