"A meritocratic firm that is excellent at its job, while taking..."
- There are lots of different pro bono projects that trainees can get involved in.
- Diversity is a high priority for the firm and there are many initiatives supporting it.
- The firm has a very friendly culture and many social activities.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and interesting work from the start.
- Tasks can be shared inconsistently, leading to trainees having varied amounts of work.
- Some departments have very long and unpredictable hours.
- Trainees feel the firm does not do much towards green initiatives.
- There could be more transparency around seats.
What insiders say about...
"CC likes active, engaged people. I would recommend applicants to get involved in..."
"I can't imagine that many places create the atmosphere that exists at Clifford Chance...."
"A lot of legal training within department (talks, workshops etc) and CC Academy for..."
"Some of the partners I have worked with are truly inspirational and outstanding at..."
"The offices are nice, if a little old fashioned, but the facilities on the fifth..."
"Depends on the supervisor. I've always found it easy enough to come in late/go home..."
"Pay is amongst the top for UK firms. Bonuses are not paid to trainees, but I think..."
"Free internal gym and swimming pool. Free dinner from 7:00pm and taxis from 9/10:00pm..."
"I applied for a vacation scheme in 2010 and the assessment process involved two online..."
"The interview was CV blind, and was about my university, extra-curricular activities..."
"The firm is investing a lot of money into reducing its carbon footprint."
"The LGBT network - Arcus, receives quite a lot of attention and support from senior..."
"Very good quality of work. Less responsibility in some departments but mostly, if..."
"There is so much pro bono work that you could complete your whole training contract..."
"The people and their friendly attitude, combined with the calibre of work, are both..."
"Difficult to get the seats you want. Not a great work/life balance."
"CC has an amazing reputation and offers amazing work. Generally people seemed extremely..."
"It's difficult to be kept on if you want to do something relatively specialised -..."
"The firm regularly hosts world-renowned speakers, academics, entrepreneurs and foreign..."
"International, ambitious and world-class."
"There are lots of local initiatives in the Tower Hamlets area, etc."
"I think, as a trainee, the job is more pressured than stressful - deadlines are often..."
"There should be more visibility as to how seats are chosen."