"Ambitious, successful and supportive."
- There are lots of different pro bono projects that trainees can get involved in.
- Diversity is a high priority for the firm and there are many initiatives supporting it.
- The firm has a very friendly culture and many social activities.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and interesting work from the start.
- Tasks can be shared inconsistently, leading to trainees having varied amounts of work.
- Some departments have very long and unpredictable hours.
- Trainees feel the firm does not do much towards green initiatives.
- There could be more transparency around seats.
What insiders say about...
"Read the newspaper and have a basic understanding of how businesses work and what..."
"Clifford Chance tend to be quite a social team both in and after office hours. While..."
"The training is excellent. There are plenty of presentations, workshops, client presentations,..."
"There is an 'open-door' policy, and both solicitors and partners are very good with..."
"Amazing facilities - swimming pool and gym. The dress code is formal but not too..."
"The hours vary. People work hard during the week so that their weekends and holidays..."
"The pay is good, and in line with the other Magic Circle firms, but it is a little..."
"We have a lovely swimming pool, trainee socials run by trainees, an incredible summer..."
"The process is very rigorous and comprised an online test and interviews but the..."
"The partner interview had more involved questions about what the role of solicitor..."
"Clifford Chance is good at considering the environment and has made efforts in this..."
"Clifford Chance is very multicultural and diverse. LGBT, ethnic minorities and women..."
"I have had lots of client interaction on phone and email, and have attended occasional..."
"I work with the Crisis and Peabody initiative, conducting mock interviews for adults..."
"I am given excellent work, have a good level of responsibility and have lovely colleagues...."
"I struggle to maintain a good work/life balance at times."
"It was the most prestigious firm to offer me a training contract but I also genuinely..."
"It depends on the department you want to qualify into. The smaller departments are..."
"We have an in-house bar with a view over the city."
"Smart and hard-working."
"The firm supports a number of programmes that aim to encourage people from less privileged..."
"I think, as a trainee, the job is more pressured than stressful - deadlines are often..."
"The culture in some departments re: staying later than needed."