"A global full service law firm, employing an international community..."
- There are lots of different pro bono projects that trainees can get involved in.
- Diversity is a high priority for the firm and there are many initiatives supporting it.
- The firm has a very friendly culture and many social activities.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and interesting work from the start.
- Tasks can be shared inconsistently, leading to trainees having varied amounts of work.
- Some departments have very long and unpredictable hours.
- Trainees feel the firm does not do much towards green initiatives.
- There could be more transparency around seats.
What insiders say about...
"Only apply to the firm if you have a genuine interest in the corporate and finance..."
"In terms of socialising, everyone can participate as much or as little as they like...."
"Training varies between departments, but is often of a high standard, if a little..."
"There is a genuine 'open-door' policy and I have had support from the regular appraisal..."
"Lovely offices, wonderful gym and restaurant. Large shared rooms. Dress code is smart/casual..."
"If you are open and transparent with people then everyone will work to accommodate..."
"I'm satisfied. It seems to plateau a bit at the senior associate level, but that..."
"Free tickets to the O2 arena if they aren't being used by clients. Free taxis and..."
"Online psychometric test, assessment day involving hour interview, further verbal..."
"Why I wanted to work in the industry? What has taken my interest in the news from..."
"There are lots of recycling bins."
"I'm heavily involved in the LGBT network at CC and they take it very seriously."
"Lots of client contact on certain matters. Great drafting experience."
"Freelaw, raising aspiration programmes with children from local schools, graduate..."
"Training, colleagues, secondment opportunities."
"Waiting for documents late at night. Up and down hours."
"Reputation, quality of training and quality of work."
"Retention rates at the firm are among the best in the City."
"Clifford Chance is the youngest of the Magic Circle firms."
"Top tier with an incredible culture."
"The firm runs a lot of open days for applicants from less privileged backgrounds...."
"I think, as a trainee, the job is more pressured than stressful - deadlines are often..."
"Improve the lunch menu."