"International, friendly, meritocratic."
- There are lots of different pro bono projects that trainees can get involved in.
- Diversity is a high priority for the firm and there are many initiatives supporting it.
- The firm has a very friendly culture and many social activities.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and interesting work from the start.
- Tasks can be shared inconsistently, leading to trainees having varied amounts of work.
- Some departments have very long and unpredictable hours.
- Trainees feel the firm does not do much towards green initiatives.
- There could be more transparency around seats.
What insiders say about...
"Learn about the firm and what makes it different to other MC firms. Best way to do..."
"There is a lack of hierarchy evident for most departments, and cooperation and socialising..."
"There's loads of training, both department-specific (which is at the beginning of..."
"There is an 'open-door' policy, and both solicitors and partners are very good with..."
"The dress code is business casual. Business attire is required for client meetings...."
"You have to work late if the deal requires (which it often does). Generally during..."
"I receive a good level of pay and a bonus at Clifford Chance."
"Free dinners and taxi home if working late. Gym, pool, classes on-site and all free...."
"The interview was friendly, I was asked how my degree subject related to a career..."
"The partner interview had more involved questions about what the role of solicitor..."
"There are efforts to reduce our paper consumption, which I think could go further...."
"Clifford Chance is great for ethnic minorities and LGBT. This is especially in terms..."
"Each deal that I am staffed on is top quality. Good trainees are trusted with high..."
"I have worked on a number of projects for Advocates for International Development..."
"Amazing work on the most high-profile matters. Great responsibility and generally..."
"The office space is becoming more crowded as we grow."
"The people have been open, friendly and fun, and were definitely a reason why I applied..."
"Historically, retention has been very strong. However, I feel that the numbers will..."
"You can get cheese boards delivered to your desk in the evenings."
"A down to earth, high calibre and international firm."
"The firm does a lot in this area - it works with different recruitment bodies and..."
"Part of working in a highly charged and pressured environment is stress. It's not..."
"Improve work/life balance and stamp out the culture of trainees staying late at the..."