"Energetic, outward looking, exciting."
- There are lots of different pro bono projects that trainees can get involved in.
- Diversity is a high priority for the firm and there are many initiatives supporting it.
- The firm has a very friendly culture and many social activities.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and interesting work from the start.
- Tasks can be shared inconsistently, leading to trainees having varied amounts of work.
- Some departments have very long and unpredictable hours.
- Trainees feel the firm does not do much towards green initiatives.
- There could be more transparency around seats.
What insiders say about...
"At the time I applied I had to complete an online application and tests before attending..."
"For such a large firm, the atmosphere is quite close knit. The nature of our deals..."
"I have been provided with a number of training sessions, which have been enhancing..."
"I think a lot of it is learning on-the-job, but there are so many great materials..."
"Location is frustrating initially but you get used to it. I like being in the heart..."
"If you are open and transparent with people then everyone will work to accommodate..."
"Clifford Chance pays the same or better than other MC firms. Trainees in firms like..."
"Free dinners and taxi home if working late. Gym, pool, classes on-site and all free...."
"There were two rounds of online questions followed by an assessment day consisting..."
"Why I wanted to work in the industry? What has taken my interest in the news from..."
"There are efforts to reduce our paper consumption, which I think could go further...."
"The LGBT network - Arcus, receives quite a lot of attention and support from senior..."
"As a first-seat trainee in Litigation and Dispute Resolution, I've worked largely..."
"The firm is very committed to pro bono. I have worked on a micro-finance project..."
"The friendly, open atmosphere and the challenging work."
"Waiting for documents late at night. Up and down hours."
"I wanted to do the best work but also enjoy the working environment - my vacation..."
"Think it is around 70% at the moment. I guess could be a more transparent process..."
"You can get cheese boards delivered to your desk in the evenings."
"International, friendly, meritocratic."
"Many work experience students are from less privileged backgrounds."
"I think, as a trainee, the job is more pressured than stressful - deadlines are often..."
"I would prefer there to be less admin work e.g. bundle and bibles making."