"Friendly and approachable."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- The firm offers benefits to make settling in easier before a trainees’ first pay cheque.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but there are limited spaces in the more popular departments.
- The clarity around seat moves and retention could be improved.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Languages are a plus, as are candidates who want to work internationally."
"The culture is excellent overall, and the firm has a good atmosphere. There exists..."
"We have an excellent mentor dedicated to learning and development. The professional..."
"Partners are very willing to discuss next seats/career plan with you. We also get..."
"Our offices are extremely good. Beaufort House is less swanky than St Bots, but it..."
"I generally leave at 5.30 pm or 6.00 pm. There was one two-week period of very late..."
"The pay is generally lower than the average of other firms of our size. However,..."
"Interest-free loan on joining, season ticket loan, lots of posh dinners and client..."
"I completed a long form application form for a vacation scheme and was invited for..."
"I was asked about one of my university courses, my extracurriculars and hobbies,..."
"Some partners and teams can only function with a paper file so, if you don't print,..."
"This equality information is requested during application process. Lots of women..."
"I found that I had lots of client interaction and responsibility in my day-to-day..."
"Given free legal advice at the CAB. Participated in a 'doing good from your desk'..."
"Good work/life balance and friendly work environment."
"Not getting information about seats until the last minute."
"The small firm feel for such big work."
"I understand that retention rates are higher than average."
"One of our offices used to be owned by Gadaffi and was once the most bombproof building..."
"Always expanding and friendly."
"The firm recruits from a wider pool of universities than many firms and is a frontrunner..."
"The work is challenging and interesting but the hours are relatively relaxed."
"Have more structure and put more thought into choosing supervisors as this would..."