"A friendly place to work with a good social side."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- The firm offers benefits to make settling in easier before a trainees’ first pay cheque.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but there are limited spaces in the more popular departments.
- The clarity around seat moves and retention could be improved.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Clyde & Co will expect you to mention its insurance capabilities during your interview...."
"People are very friendly both in the office and after hours. Offices are open plan..."
"This is very well put together with lots of training sessions and plenty of on-the-job..."
"Everyone is very accessible for feedback. We have two appraisals each seat but no..."
"New office with excellent facilities. Dress code is suit and tie in most departments..."
"It depends on the department but, when things get very busy, hours can be quite long..."
"Slightly lower than comparable firms, no bonuses as a trainee."
"The pension, medical and dental care are all great."
"The interview process and assessments were challenging, but not overly onerous, especially..."
"Where should we be looking to open our next office? What would you change at the..."
"As with many corporate organisations, this firm uses a lot of paper. This wouldn't..."
"There are lots of regional and foreign accents around the office, women constitute..."
"I have been incredibly lucky to date, and have been given a lot of responsibility..."
"The firm is committed to pro bono and each fee earner gets an allowance each year..."
"The reasonable hours, the sociable nature of the people, the lack of a 'face-time'..."
"The pay is slightly less that other City firms. Given the firm's ambition to grow..."
"High quality work and good work/life balance."
"The firm attracts a lot of people who want to do the same types of work, meaning..."
"One of our offices used to be owned by Gadaffi and was once the most bombproof building..."
"Expanding, ambitious, friendly."
"Our firm recruits from a wide range of universities, many of which are more likely..."
"The workload can get heavy at times but I would be concerned if the work was not..."
"A steadier stream of work."