"Friendly and approachable."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- Many have found that managers make good and enthusiastic mentors.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but could be better.
- There aren’t as many opportunities for overseas secondments as some would like.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Well rounded people with commercial awareness, an understanding of business and awareness..."
"Clyde & Co is a genuinely friendly firm – the partners are all very personable..."
"We had a three-week training programme at the start of our training contract in which..."
"This comes down to the trainee really as they need to make full use of the mentor..."
"There's a modern and efficient use of space and the dress code depends on your team...."
"This varies widely amongst trainees depending on the department. Generally I am in..."
"Pay is good at trainee level, though I have heard from some associates that the post-qualification..."
"There's a pension scheme, a cycle-to-work scheme, season ticket offers and private..."
"The assessment day was quite long and challenging, but ultimately provides you with..."
"The partner just took the opportunity to get to know me and assess whether I was..."
"I have no idea what the firm's efforts are. I know we recycle all our paper."
"The firm has a diversity group and encourages involvement from all parties. Events..."
"Since starting my training contract, I have: managed a deal data room, met with the..."
"Pro bono opportunities are readily available but there is no active encouragement..."
"The hours are very good compared to other City firms. Late nights are far from the..."
"Some of our IT feels behind the times compared to modern businesses and the rigmarole..."
"I chose Clyde and Co because of its insurance expertise and the relaxed atmosphere..."
"The firm has a 100% retention rate which is reassuring."
"We have a fantastic rooftop bar and views of the City."
"A heavyweight international firm."
"Our firm recruits from a wide range of universities, many of which are more likely..."
"The workload can get heavy at times but I would be concerned if the work was not..."
"Stop sending trainees to Guildford unless they want to go (particularly in their..."