"An expanding, global and ambitious firm."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- Many have found that managers make good and enthusiastic mentors.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but could be better.
- There aren’t as many opportunities for overseas secondments as some would like.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"There is an online application followed by an interview for an assessment day. On..."
"The working environment is great; people work hard, but at the same time are friendly..."
"I think Clyde & Co could improve in this area. There have been some great courses..."
"The solicitors and partners are very accessible and there is a real open door policy..."
"Our offices are extremely good. Beaufort House is less swanky than St Bots, but it..."
"Days tend to be 9 to 6.30ish. The contentious departments tend to work more regular..."
"It's widely acknowledged that we're underpaid compared to our peers at similar firms...."
"Interest-free loan on joining, season ticket loan, lots of posh dinners and client..."
"The interview process was 'easy' - the partners were nice and the questions quite..."
"My interview was mostly a conversation about how I had got to this stage and the..."
"We have recycling bins in the office I work in."
"There are lots of regional and foreign accents around the office, women constitute..."
"In my first few months as a trainee I prepared an application for default judgment..."
"There is a wide range of law and non-law pro bono at the firm in addition to their..."
"The international client base and practice, the range and type of work practised,..."
"The knowledge that there are only a limited number of qualification places in the..."
"I enjoyed meeting HR/trainees at a law fair that I attended: it was the perfect introduction..."
"Clyde & Co has extremely good retention rates. The firm is expanding, so despite..."
"Clyde & Co has one of the largest presences of any international law firm in the..."
"International, expanding, friendly and collegiate approach to work."
"The firm recruits on the basis of merit only and other factors do not play a part..."
"The workload can get heavy at times but I would be concerned if the work was not..."
"Be able to work on the roof terrace when it is nice weather!"