"The firm is discrete, specialised and performing."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- Many have found that managers make good and enthusiastic mentors.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but could be better.
- There aren’t as many opportunities for overseas secondments as some would like.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"At the application stage it is important to show that you fit the culture and that..."
"Each department has their own social budget to promote a better working environment..."
"Several legal training sessions are held every week. There are also non-legal courses..."
"Informal training is limited. Partner mentorship can be hard to get."
"The Blue Building is very modern with a great canteen on the 13th floor."
"Busy during the hours I do spend in the office but no culture of 'face-time' and..."
"It's widely acknowledged that we're underpaid compared to our peers at similar firms...."
"There is a gym/sports club membership subsidy provided for those at the firm."
"The interview process was 'easy' - the partners were nice and the questions quite..."
"I was asked how I thought the Eurozone debt crisis should be solved and about my..."
"There's so much paper that gets used. We should all have laptops to avoid having..."
"There have been some big efforts to improve diversity and we now have an LGBT group...."
"I have generally received different and diverse work. The day-to-day work in my initial..."
"Registration of a charity, incorporation of a charity."
"Interesting cases, well known clients and insurance work."
"Explanations about maternity and paternity pay are unclear. The firm's maternity..."
"Clyde & Co has expertise in key sectors of interest to me, and are forward thinking..."
"The retention rates are amongst the best in the City. However these things are always..."
"It has some of the best elevators in the city."
"An expanding, global and ambitious firm."
"I think it advertises fairly widely and is very accessible."
"The workload can get heavy at times but I would be concerned if the work was not..."
"Make sure that trainees work for a variety of people in their department rather than..."