"Big matters, small teams."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- Many have found that managers make good and enthusiastic mentors.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but could be better.
- There aren’t as many opportunities for overseas secondments as some would like.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"My advice would be not to pretend to be something you are not as people see through..."
"The working environment is as easy and as relaxed as you would expect a City law..."
"We have an excellent mentor dedicated to learning and development. The professional..."
"People are very accessible on the whole and I've been really privileged to have some..."
"Our offices are extremely good. Beaufort House is less swanky than St Bots, but it..."
"Employees at the firm are busy, but there is not a 'face-time' culture so if there..."
"In my opinion Clyde & Co could improve when it comes to pay raises and bonuses."
"The pension, medical and dental care are all great."
"Online application, assessment day and interview. Much of the process is designed..."
"My interview mainly consisted of discussing my interests, year abroad and why I wanted..."
"I haven't honestly seen much of this at all since I joined the firm, aside from recycling..."
"Ethnic and socio-economic diversity are very poor among trainees, although there..."
"This varies hugely from department to department; it can be literally no client contact..."
"The pro bono opportunities at Clyde & Co are fantastic. Everyone gets involved, from..."
"The atmosphere, the lack of a stay-late culture, the focus on litigation."
"There is sometimes a lack of communication regarding seat choices."
"The culture above all. This is a firm that is very clearly going places but it refuses..."
"The retention rates are good. However, there are always a handful of people that..."
"We have an in-house pastry chef - he makes amazing cakes and pastries which are for..."
"Friendly, forward-thinking, busy!"
"I believe Clyde & Co does have relationships with organisations seeking to address..."
"The workload can get heavy at times but I would be concerned if the work was not..."
"Stop sending trainees to Guildford unless they want to go (particularly in their..."