"A leading litigation-focused firm with a relaxed and friendly..."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- Many have found that managers make good and enthusiastic mentors.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but could be better.
- There aren’t as many opportunities for overseas secondments as some would like.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself, know the firm's focus and strengths, know your CV and be prepared to..."
"The firm is sociable both in the office and after hours. Most partners and senior..."
"The training programmes are very good, as is the team that delivers them. The induction..."
"There isn't a formal mentor scheme for trainees currently (although I think they..."
"It honestly looks like something from Dr Who in our offices - glass everywhere, the..."
"Hours at Clyde’s are generally a lot better than most City firms, although the..."
"The salary as a trainee and a new qualifier is below what other comparable firms..."
"There are great client secondment opportunities and we get our first drink free at..."
"I was asked general questions about how I coped with the work given to me on the..."
"Where would you place an office and why? What keeps partners up at night?"
"Our carbon footprint needs to be improved. The firm has set up an environmental committee..."
"There's not a great proportion of female or BME partners. Clydes is supposedly making..."
"In my first few months as a trainee I prepared an application for default judgment..."
"Given free legal advice at the CAB. Participated in a 'doing good from your desk'..."
"The culture here is the best part. People are genuinely friendly, very few egos...."
"Some of the support departments could be better trained/organised."
"Its international trade practice and truly global reach."
"The retention rates are amongst the best in the City. However these things are always..."
"The windows in Beaufort House are bulletproof."
"Fun, flexible, litigious."
"A relatively high proportion of my intake, including myself, are from state schools..."
"The workload can get heavy at times but I would be concerned if the work was not..."
"More food options for people with food allergies - both in the canteen and during..."