"A friendly, challenging and rewarding firm with a strong insurance..."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- Many have found that managers make good and enthusiastic mentors.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but could be better.
- There aren’t as many opportunities for overseas secondments as some would like.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Research the firm in-depth. Keep up to date with the news and current affairs. Know..."
"The culture is very much open-door. Partners are generally approachable, friendly..."
"I think Clyde & Co could improve in this area. There have been some great courses..."
"Everyone is very accessible for feedback. We have two appraisals each seat but no..."
"Dress code differs from department to department – standard is smart suit and tie,..."
"Average is a 50 hour week, sometimes more, sometimes less. I'm working slightly less..."
"It's widely acknowledged that we're underpaid compared to our peers at similar firms...."
"There is a gym/sports club membership subsidy provided for those at the firm."
"The interview process and assessments were challenging, but not overly onerous, especially..."
"I was asked why I chose Clyde & Co in particular, where it should expand to next..."
"The firm once put in a paper installation to represent how much we throw away each..."
"I believe that the firm is extremely diverse in all aspects: there is 100% retention..."
"I am currently sat in a litigation seat and the primary case I work on is at the..."
"If you take the initiative then you can do loads of pro bono work. Just don't let..."
"There are a wide range of seats available at the company, which is a plus, and these..."
"Limited responsibility. Slow decision-making in some areas."
"All the firms I looked at did quality work but Clyde & Co stood out because the hours..."
"The retention rates are good. However, there are always a handful of people that..."
"The firm is a leader in several specialised areas such as insurance, trade, shipping..."
"A rapidly expanding global law firm with a focus on five core sectors."
"The firm recruits on the basis of merit only and other factors do not play a part..."
"The workload can get heavy at times but I would be concerned if the work was not..."
"Greater clarity over the seat choice and rotation process."