"Friendly, forward-thinking and international."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- Many have found that managers make good and enthusiastic mentors.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but could be better.
- There aren’t as many opportunities for overseas secondments as some would like.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"The firm looks to hire people who fit in around the office, make sure to get to know..."
"The firm is really friendly and approachable and everyone is keen to help where possible...."
"Plenty of training courses are routinely offered (usually there is at least one each..."
"People are generally accessible and very willing to help."
"The offices in St Botolph are lovely and the dress code is pretty standard: smart..."
"Hours are generally good and vary massively between departments. Some finish consistently..."
"I believe salary is in line with market rates and will go up with experience."
"Our gym membership is really good value, the cycle-to-work-scheme is great and we..."
"We had to do an assessment centre comprised of two drafting exercises, a faux client..."
"I was asked why I chose Clyde & Co in particular, where it should expand to next..."
"Recycling is encouraged around office, in kitchens and in the cafe. New initiative..."
"The firm is committed to diversity. I think this is a problem within the legal sector..."
"This changes from seat to seat. You are given greater responsibility on matters in..."
"I have had several opportunities to partake in pro bono, including two clinics that..."
"The hours are very good compared to other City firms. Late nights are far from the..."
"Different teams use different IT systems and trainees have to keep switching from..."
"The people. I did a vacation scheme and genuinely had a great two weeks."
"It was in the 90% range when I applied, but now it's down to about 60%. There aren't..."
"We have an in-house pastry chef - he makes amazing cakes and pastries which are for..."
"Big matters, small teams."
"The firm is very good at organising events for schools and universities where students..."
"The work is challenging and interesting but the hours are relatively relaxed."
"I think an openness regarding the training and work given within departments to try..."