"Genuinely friendly and very good at what they do."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- Many have found that managers make good and enthusiastic mentors.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but could be better.
- There aren’t as many opportunities for overseas secondments as some would like.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"I would recommend reading up on the firm's specialist areas and focusing on why you..."
"I have generally found people to be approachable and friendly. This really varies..."
"The firm has training contract schemes and apprenticeship schemes in both London..."
"Some of the supervisors here are very good, but in other cases the supervisors are..."
"We have a great office and, because it's further east, it's not as corporate and..."
"There is an excellent work/life balance in most departments, I found."
"It's widely acknowledged that we're underpaid compared to our peers at similar firms...."
"The office includes a subsidised bar and canteen. There are also department events...."
"Online application, assessment day and interview. Much of the process is designed..."
"Interview questions covered topics such as my hobbies, why I chose Clyde's (including..."
"There's so much paper that gets used. We should all have laptops to avoid having..."
"The firm has 18% female partners and is still very predominantly white and privately..."
"I have had very good client interaction with both seats so far, and have been encouraged..."
"The firm is involved in a large variety of different pro-bono projects. However,..."
"City location, great atmosphere and people, interesting work and respected name on..."
"The qualification process isn't very transparent and is rather slow."
"The different type of work they do, the people who work here and their appreciation..."
"I think the retention rates can vary a lot from year to year. In the Manchester office,..."
"We have 37 offices on 6 continents."
"Friendly, forward-thinking, busy!"
"The firm recruits on the basis of merit only and other factors do not play a part..."
"The workload can get heavy at times but I would be concerned if the work was not..."
"Have more structure and put more thought into choosing supervisors as this would..."