"A friendly place to work with a good social side."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- Many have found that managers make good and enthusiastic mentors.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but could be better.
- There aren’t as many opportunities for overseas secondments as some would like.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Do your research, answer the question actually asked and be succinct. Also, avoid..."
"There's a very friendly culture generally and we have a regular Thursday bar in the..."
"Inevitably some training has been a waste of time e.g. How to manage time in the..."
"All the formal and informal supervisors I have worked for have been outstanding and..."
"We have great facilities in both buildings in London. The dress code is smart, though..."
"I usually work from 9am until 6.30pm with a 45 minute lunch. The firm is quite flexible..."
"Slightly lower than comparable firms, no bonuses as a trainee."
"We get £350 p/a towards gym and sports memberships. Trainees on secondments abroad..."
"We had to do an assessment centre comprised of two drafting exercises, a faux client..."
"My interview mainly consisted of discussing my interests, year abroad and why I wanted..."
"The firm once put in a paper installation to represent how much we throw away each..."
"The commitment is there but it is still quite a white, male dominated practice, especially..."
"I found that there was fairly limited client interaction in most departments in which..."
"I have worked at the Brent pro bono clinic. This is a great way of giving back to..."
"High-quality work in insurance, a solid work/life balance in most departments, lots..."
"Has grown very quickly and support/firm mentality has not changed at the same rate...."
"The firm's prominence in the market, alongside their ambitious nature and the working..."
"I think they will be around 70% when I qualify."
"It has some of the best elevators in the city."
"Ambitious and proactive."
"A relatively high proportion of my intake, including myself, are from state schools..."
"The workload can get heavy at times but I would be concerned if the work was not..."
"More international seats."