"A specialist firm that has expanded rapidly but retains the mindset..."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- Many have found that managers make good and enthusiastic mentors.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but could be better.
- There aren’t as many opportunities for overseas secondments as some would like.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Focus on how the firm can win clients, know the market that the firm operates - ours..."
"All team members go to the pub most evenings to wind down and socialise, which brings..."
"There are a lot of lunchtime training sessions and presentations from people like..."
"It varies, although I have been fortunate with the support and encouragement I have..."
"The London office is split across two buildings. One is high-tech and very modern..."
"The hours across Clydes are, on average, excellent for the City. A lot of departments..."
"Our salary is the trade off for the work/life balance. It is now more competitive..."
"The firm will pay your travel expenses if you have to do a seat in Guildford."
"I was asked general questions about how I coped with the work given to me on the..."
"Questions included commercial awareness and covered my achievements."
"Some partners and teams can only function with a paper file so, if you don't print,..."
"It's great in respect of LGBT (with our Pryde network) and our gender equality committee,..."
"Varies across departments but currently very satisfied and have direct client contact...."
"I will be partaking in the Employment team pro bono Skype clinic during my seat in..."
"The responsibility in my role, diverse work and being able to work with and be mentored..."
"The firm has not quite adjusted to its size yet in terms of resourcing, etc."
"I chose my firm for the combination of top quality City work in a firm with a more..."
"For those trainees that don't get offered a job in their chosen department, the partners..."
"The monthly Clyde & Cocktail sessions are great fun!"
"The firm is international and a leader in its fields."
"I believe Clyde & Co does have relationships with organisations seeking to address..."
"Some tasks are stressful but usually because I feel out of my comfort zone or challenged...."
"Greater clarity over the seat choice and rotation process."