"The company has an international and entrepreneurial nature,..."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- Many have found that managers make good and enthusiastic mentors.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but could be better.
- There aren’t as many opportunities for overseas secondments as some would like.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Speak to people at the firm and know what the firm does, and where it is going -..."
"It can be team and department dependent but, from my experience, there is a great..."
"This is very well put together with lots of training sessions and plenty of on-the-job..."
"The partners I have had have been great mentors, and the feedback programme is consistent..."
"New office with excellent facilities. Dress code is suit and tie in most departments..."
"There is an excellent work/life balance in most departments, I found."
"Pay is a trade off. You accept that you're never going to be paid what you can get..."
"If you ever stay late, you are pretty much guaranteed free dinner."
"The interview process and assessments were challenging, but not overly onerous, especially..."
"I was asked why I chose Clyde & Co in particular, where it should expand to next..."
"The firm could massively improve when it comes to recycling and its use of plastic...."
"There are lots of diversity initiatives (LGBTQ, women in law etc) and many departments..."
"Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and are often taken to meetings/court/client..."
"Clyde & Co has many pro bono activities both in the UK and globally. Fee earners..."
"The people are a real asset to the firm and everyone I have had the opportunity to..."
"Sometimes long hours, sometimes lack of control over flow of work. All can be expected..."
"Industry-specific sector expertise at the firm drew me towards the firm."
"The retention rates are good. However, there are always a handful of people that..."
"Clyde & Co is by far the largest and most reputable firm in the Gulf Cooperation..."
"A heavyweight international firm."
"Our firm recruits from a wide range of universities, many of which are more likely..."
"The work is challenging and interesting but the hours are relatively relaxed."
"I'd prefer fewer trainees in each intake."