"Exciting, entrepreneurial, fun and intellectual."
- Colleagues of all levels are friendly and helpful.
- Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is encouraged and there is no culture of face-time.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility and exposure to a wide range of work.
- Many have found that managers make good and enthusiastic mentors.
- While working hours are still seen as being good, busy periods are becoming more common.
- Retention rates are good, but could be better.
- There aren’t as many opportunities for overseas secondments as some would like.
- Salaries are seen as being below those on offer at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Definitely find an area of law that Clyde's undertake that is of interest to you,..."
"Clyde & Co is a genuinely friendly firm – the partners are all very personable..."
"I have acquired a variety of legal skills, including drafting and document handling...."
"The supervisors I have had have been great. I have learned a lot from them, not just..."
"The St Botolph building offers a fantastic office space and is very centrally located...."
"The hours are not as good as they used to be. The average finish time is around 7.30..."
"The pay is one of the lowest in the City. However, the hours tend to be better than..."
"If you ever stay late, you are pretty much guaranteed free dinner."
"I went through an assessment day (HR interview, verbal reasoning test, letter of..."
"My interviewers asked challenging questions which required me to give an opinion..."
"Clyde & Co has a long way to go on sustainability but our sustainability group is..."
"I think they are specifically working on it as we speak, and I know that a large..."
"I think the work you do differs from one department to another, I have felt on the..."
"I am on a rota to give advice at the Lambeth legal advice clinic. I have also completed..."
"Good friendly people, great friends. Got to go to Africa for 6 months for my first..."
"It's gotten increasingly bureaucratic lately."
"Clyde & Co has expertise in key sectors of interest to me, and are forward thinking..."
"I am very confident that there will be a new qualifier position for me. It just comes..."
"Our Beaufort House building has bullet-proof windows."
"Friendly, forward-thinking, busy!"
"The firm recruits from a wider pool of universities than many firms and is a frontrunner..."
"Some tasks are stressful but usually because I feel out of my comfort zone or challenged...."
"A more transparent seat choice/allocation process (this is already happening, luckily)...."