"Cultural, engaging, interesting."
- International expansion at the firm means that there are various opportunities for overseas placements.
- The work on offer is top quality and has a broad scope. Trainees feel supported while undertaking it.
- Social elements of the firm are strong with regular socialising both between teams and firm-wide.
- Efforts towards diversity are notable – especially in terms of networks for women and LGBT staff members.
- The high level of responsibility on offer can cause some trainees to feel under pressure.
- There are unavoidable long hours in some departments, though the firm is flexible with them.
- While most of the firm's offices have recently been updated, some are still undergoing this.
- Retention rates have fallen since the firm's latest merger. These should hopefully pick up soon.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself throughout the interview process. CMS does not look for the stereotypical..."
"In the office, the culture is relatively open and there are approachable partners...."
"There are continual training opportunities almost every week and the induction was..."
"Each trainee gets assigned a mentor and this has been very helpful for me as I can..."
"Boardrooms/public areas are very nice. Our offices/workspace could be updated."
"My work hours have been around 9.00 am – 5.30 pm. Some days, I have come in early..."
"I am satisfied with the trainee pay but aware that the new qualifier pay scale is..."
"The firm has a very good pension and provides a gym subsidy. It also helps with moving..."
"To get a vacation scheme I had to complete an online application (comprising of set..."
"They asked me about my views on current issues, problem solving question about hypothetical..."
"The firm seemingly do a reasonable amount to reduce their carbon footprint, however..."
"I'm not entirely familiar with this as I am quite new. I have already been made aware..."
"We have a new scheme which aims to recognise and reward performance. I believe if..."
"I have worked in real estate for my first seat, where I ran many of my own files..."
"Pro bono work tends to be small claims or activities raising money for charities...."
"Even at a junior level, your opinion is listened to."
"A drawback for me can be the unpredictability of hours at times, and the canteen..."
"There are lots of firms out there who are good at what they do, have good work and..."
"Retention rates have dropped substantially for recent intakes and the firm is undergoing..."
"Fiona Woolf, the past Lord Mayor of London, works here."
"International, friendly and with opportunities to grow."
"The firm offers bursary's for underprivileged school children and work experience..."
"High levels of responsibility can be stressful. But it's a trade off worth taking,..."
"I believe that informal training and one-to-ones with supervisors could be somewhat..."