"Cultural, engaging, interesting."
- International expansion at the firm means that there are various opportunities for overseas placements.
- The work on offer is top quality and has a broad scope. Trainees feel supported while undertaking it.
- Social elements of the firm are strong with regular socialising both between teams and firm-wide.
- Efforts towards diversity are notable – especially in terms of networks for women and LGBT staff members.
- The high level of responsibility on offer can cause some trainees to feel under pressure.
- There are unavoidable long hours in some departments, though the firm is flexible with them.
- While most of the firm's offices have recently been updated, some are still undergoing this.
- Retention rates have fallen since the firm's latest merger. These should hopefully pick up soon.
What insiders say about...
"Swot up in advance on commercial questions and think of strong examples of each of..."
"There is no hierarchy. Everyone is incredibly helpful and friendly. There are lots..."
"There's the usual professional skills course training held throughout your training..."
"My experience of supervisors has been excellent. Feedback has been comprehensive..."
"The new offices are currently looking very swish. An open-plan layout might have..."
"9.00 am – 6.30 pm in the (advisory) department I was in (this obviously increases..."
"The salary is very competitive and there are a number of bonus schemes in place...."
"When you're on secondment, they pay for your belongings to be relocated. You also..."
"Very efficient - both rounds of the assessment centre were completed on the same..."
"Questions included a time when I planned an event; how I overcame a difficult problem..."
"There's a lot of recycling and paper free initiatives."
"There's a fair spread of people. Perhaps it's fair to say there are too many men..."
"We have a new scheme which aims to recognise and reward performance. I believe if..."
"By going on a client secondment in my second seat, client interaction has been really..."
"Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is a major factor at the firm - the firm expects..."
"It's a social and friendly atmosphere, people are much nicer than at other firms..."
"The hours can be unpredictable."
"The balance being it being a really friendly and supportive firm, whilst it also..."
"Retention rates are, unfortunately, not great. However, with the firm now taking..."
"All trainees are guaranteed a secondment to either an international CMS office or..."
"Decent work outside of the Magic Circle."
"The firm started a Bursary Scheme last year in which it will give £2,500 to four..."
"I never feel like I'm left on my own/can't talk to anyone if my work is piling up,..."
"I think that the way trainees have work allocated to them in big departments could..."