"A progressive, down-to-earth, focused and fun firm."
- International expansion at the firm means that there are various opportunities for overseas placements.
- The work on offer is top quality and has a broad scope. Trainees feel supported while undertaking it.
- Social elements of the firm are strong with regular socialising both between teams and firm-wide.
- Efforts towards diversity are notable – especially in terms of networks for women and LGBT staff members.
- The high level of responsibility on offer can cause some trainees to feel under pressure.
- There are unavoidable long hours in some departments, though the firm is flexible with them.
- While most of the firm's offices have recently been updated, some are still undergoing this.
- Retention rates have fallen since the firm's latest merger. These should hopefully pick up soon.
What insiders say about...
"The assessment day involves an interview and a commercial awareness test. In the..."
"There is no hierarchy. Everyone is incredibly helpful and friendly. There are lots..."
"Legal training sessions are well organised, frequent and often compulsory. Attendance..."
"Partners and senior lawyers are accessible and there is a formal mentoring scheme...."
"The dress code is very relaxed - suits are rarely required."
"In the department I qualified into my hours are fantastic. There is no culture of..."
"They are great, among the highest in Scotland."
"The best perk at the firm is the events: the firm often has a variety of events on,..."
"I completed an online application form and psychometric test. This was followed by..."
"I was asked why I wanted to become a solicitor, why I wanted to work here, why I..."
"Since moving office, our carbon footprint has decreased dramatically."
"It's big on the agenda. There are lots of networks and you are encouraged by senior..."
"We have a new scheme which aims to recognise and reward performance. I believe if..."
"By going on a client secondment in my second seat, client interaction has been really..."
"There is a great deal of pro bono work, both legal and non-legal, available."
"It's a social and friendly atmosphere, people are much nicer than at other firms..."
"There are a too many seat choices, in my opinion, and as it is compulsory to do a..."
"It's an international firm with several offices in Scotland. I like the type of work..."
"Retention rates are quite healthy - the process is really fair and transparent and..."
"Emma Watson's dad is a partner."
"Friendly, innovative, modern."
"The firm started a Bursary Scheme last year in which it will give £2,500 to four..."
"Up and down depending on the workload/deal."
"More clarity on seat selections and qualifying seats."