"Innovative, committed and supportive."
- International expansion at the firm means that there are various opportunities for overseas placements.
- The work on offer is top quality and has a broad scope. Trainees feel supported while undertaking it.
- Social elements of the firm are strong with regular socialising both between teams and firm-wide.
- Efforts towards diversity are notable – especially in terms of networks for women and LGBT staff members.
- The high level of responsibility on offer can cause some trainees to feel under pressure.
- There are unavoidable long hours in some departments, though the firm is flexible with them.
- While most of the firm's offices have recently been updated, some are still undergoing this.
- Retention rates have fallen since the firm's latest merger. These should hopefully pick up soon.
What insiders say about...
"After the written application, the firm has a single assessment day where candidates..."
"The culture here is friendly and active with strong teamwork and support. There is..."
"We had a three-week induction programme that covered everything from IT and time..."
"Mentors always seem happy to take your questions. The firm has also set up a scheme..."
"The open space works very well as it's easier to approach people for quick questions...."
"It really varies from team to team and depending on workflow. Corporate hours can..."
"Pay is above the average for a trainee wage in Scotland so I'm pleased with that...."
"If you go abroad on secondment during your training contract your accommodation will..."
"Verbal reasoning assessment test - must reach pass mark. Interview for vacation scheme..."
"How would you pitch CMS to a prospective client in the energy sector?"
"I think that the new offices and technology have helped in terms of reducing the..."
"The firm is a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a firm commitment to supporting the LGBT..."
"We have a new scheme which aims to recognise and reward performance. I believe if..."
"It is reasonably good, I get involved on a lot of different matters. The work is..."
"There are a variety of pro bono opportunities at the firm, which all staff are encouraged..."
"Very friendly atmosphere. Really fun corporate social responsibility opportunities...."
"Some departments don't give trainees much responsibility. The current London office..."
"Blue-chip clients and friendly atmosphere. Amazing secondment opportunities."
"The retention rates have been quite poor in the last few years, but have not been..."
"We have bags of penny sweets on sale every pay day with the proceeds going to charity...."
"A busy and forward-thinking law firm."
"Bursary Scheme for the less financially fortunate, and other corporate social responsibility..."
"I never feel like I'm left on my own/can't talk to anyone if my work is piling up,..."
"Scrapping the compulsory corporate/banking seat requirement would be preferable to..."