"Friendly firm with good overseas opportunities."
- International expansion at the firm means that there are various opportunities for overseas placements.
- The work on offer is top quality and has a broad scope. Trainees feel supported while undertaking it.
- Social elements of the firm are strong with regular socialising both between teams and firm-wide.
- Efforts towards diversity are notable – especially in terms of networks for women and LGBT staff members.
- The high level of responsibility on offer can cause some trainees to feel under pressure.
- There are unavoidable long hours in some departments, though the firm is flexible with them.
- While most of the firm's offices have recently been updated, some are still undergoing this.
- Retention rates have fallen since the firm's latest merger. These should hopefully pick up soon.
What insiders say about...
"The summer placement was an excellent experience and a great way to get a traineeship...."
"The culture is good within teams as they all tend to be friendly. You can ask anyone..."
"Very good 2.5 week induction process with all trainees. Good ongoing training organising..."
"All my supervisors have been incredibly supportive. They have tracked my progress..."
"The firm has a fabulous new London office in a great location at Cannon Street station...."
"My hours are currently very good but there have been occasions when I have worked..."
"Pay is solid for a UK-headquartered City firm, but not spectacular. It could do with..."
"I think the pension is really good. If you contribute 5% of your salary, the firm..."
"Online test, online application, full day assessment centre with HR interview, partner..."
"I was mostly asked scenario-based questions. I would be given a scenario and then..."
"The firm seemingly do a reasonable amount to reduce their carbon footprint, however..."
"I'm not entirely familiar with this as I am quite new. I have already been made aware..."
"We have a new scheme which aims to recognise and reward performance. I believe if..."
"It really varies between departments. My first seat gave me lots of responsibility..."
"I genuinely believe that this is one of the few firms where pro bono work is taken..."
"Friendly people. Access to great quality work. The cookies baked by the canteen."
"There's quite a low retention rate."
"Being a large commercial firm it ticked all the boxes for me. Having a large variety..."
"Retention rates have dropped substantially for recent intakes and the firm is undergoing..."
"We have lots of jolly trolleys, where champagne is ordered for engagements, weddings,..."
"Global, modern, high quality."
"Many open days specifically for comprehensive schools, interview practice and information..."
"I never feel like I'm left on my own/can't talk to anyone if my work is piling up,..."
"I would like there to be more communication about the next seat that you will be..."