"Friendly, growing, diverse."
- International expansion at the firm means that there are various opportunities for overseas placements.
- The work on offer is top quality and has a broad scope. Trainees feel supported while undertaking it.
- Social elements of the firm are strong with regular socialising both between teams and firm-wide.
- Efforts towards diversity are notable – especially in terms of networks for women and LGBT staff members.
- The high level of responsibility on offer can cause some trainees to feel under pressure.
- There are unavoidable long hours in some departments, though the firm is flexible with them.
- While most of the firm's offices have recently been updated, some are still undergoing this.
- Retention rates have fallen since the firm's latest merger. These should hopefully pick up soon.
What insiders say about...
"You should research the firm, know what is happening in the business world and how..."
"The culture is friendly during office hours which are not ridiculously long although..."
"Superb - D&W had an excellent formal training programme, and CMS are bringing the..."
"Solicitors and partners are always happy to talk to trainees."
"The new offices are currently looking very swish. An open-plan layout might have..."
"In transactional seats, there are periods of (very) long hours as well as periods..."
"The firm has a very competitive salary that is comparable to other city firms and..."
"Generally we get provided with a lot of free drinks. And when training a ridiculous..."
"The interview is hard because it is competitive and the process is thorough: online..."
"Competency-based questions during the vacation scheme and interview eg give us examples..."
"I think that the new offices and technology have helped in terms of reducing the..."
"The firm is very much committed to diversity with various networks working inside..."
"We have a new scheme which aims to recognise and reward performance. I believe if..."
"I have had a good amount of client interaction and increasing responsibilities in..."
"I have worked at Islington Law Centre as a volunteer, and helped a primary school..."
"The collegiate atmosphere. Great secondment opportunities."
"The hours can be unpredictable."
"Amazing secondment opportunities drew me towards the firm: the likes of Goldman Sachs,..."
"Given the retention rate for the last two intakes I am not incredibly confident that..."
"Every Wednesday, there is a basket of fruit delivered to every kitchenette on every..."
"In a few words the firm is: global, gives opportunity, is sociable and friendly."
"We are asked about our background during the recruitment process. I think that there..."
"A big firm means big clients, big clients mean big deals and completions. Completion..."
"It would be ideal to hold all initial training centrally so that the trainees can..."