"Works hard, plays hard."
- The office has a friendly atmosphere that encourages trainee development.
- As there is a small intake, trainees are able to take on high levels of responsibility early on.
- The firm has a good reputation in the industry.
- There is little transparency about what jobs are available on qualification.
- Formal training has been seen as disorganised in the first year.
- There could be more secondment opportunities for trainees.
What insiders say about...
"There's an assessment day. Read the news and be aware of current affairs. Research,..."
"The litigation department (commercial, insurance, intellectual property) is less..."
"We attend numerous internal lunch time seminars with associates and partners and..."
"I have found that fee earners always recognise my contribution, say thank you and..."
"The office is bright, and fee earners sit in glass offices which face the outside..."
"I found the hours to be relatively long, but there is no expectation to stay late..."
"Pay at Cooley is very competitive. Trainees are eligible for the bonus scheme."
"We get tickets to the box at the O2 if there are spaces left after anyone who wants..."
"I was asked about current events. I had a question about a situation where I had..."
"Although there is still lots to do in this area, we have recycling in all of the..."
"Cooley has various diversity initiatives, such as the diversity committee and women's..."
"Trainees get a lot of responsibility at Cooley and are really relied upon. You cannot..."
"Pro bono hours count as billable, so there is no penalty for taking on pro bono initiatives...."
"There is a small intake of trainees at Cooley and we are given real responsibility...."
"Lack of control over seat rotations."
"I chose the firm because of the small trainee intake, which meant that I was given..."
"Both this year and in 2015, five out of six trainees have been offered new qualifier..."
"The corporate/transactional floor currently has more women than men on it."
"Sociable, big-name clients, supportive atmosphere."
"Better secondment opportunities would be great."