"Highly motivated, intelligent and hard-working lawyers. We think..."
- The office has a friendly atmosphere that encourages trainee development.
- As there is a small intake, trainees are able to take on high levels of responsibility early on.
- The firm has a good reputation in the industry.
- There is little transparency about what jobs are available on qualification.
- Formal training has been seen as disorganised in the first year.
- There could be more secondment opportunities for trainees.
What insiders say about...
"There's an assessment day. Read the news and be aware of current affairs. Research,..."
"The firm has a really friendly and relaxed culture. Everybody works hard, but there..."
"The firm is part of a wider group of law firms who put on educational seminars for..."
"We are allocated a trainee buddy when we are a first year trainee. We are also allocated..."
"The office is in a great location above Liverpool Street. The firm recently introduced..."
"Very flexible in terms of you organising your working day. But there are billable..."
"Our base salary is one of the best in the market and the benefits are good too."
"The Thursday cake trolley is a perk of the job."
"Various situational judgement questions and a few questions about why I wanted to..."
"Although there is still lots to do in this area, we have recycling in all of the..."
"I think our firm is really at the forefront of diversity initiatives both in the..."
"Very satisfied. I do a lot of research but also do various relief applications to..."
"We partner with Law Works and Trust Law on pro bono work and regularly provide advice..."
"You can get high levels of responsibility."
"Expectation to work long hours, lack of gratitude from some senior members of staff...."
"The firm's small trainee intake, and a chance to practice areas of law I was interested..."
"The firm is young and there is no way of telling how retention rates will develop..."
"Every staff member gets a 'One Year at Cooley' travel mug delivered to their desk..."
"Works hard, plays hard."
"Be clearer about what jobs are available on qualification."