"Exciting work with friendly and inclusive colleagues."
- The office has a friendly atmosphere that encourages trainee development.
- As there is a small intake, trainees are able to take on high levels of responsibility early on.
- The trainee salary and associate bonus scheme are both seen as being very good for the industry.
- Trainees are confident of retention as the rates are consistently high.
- Some would like more transparency about what jobs are available on qualification.
- The high levels of responsibility offered could be seen as daunting by some.
- While there is flexibility and leniency, hours can still be long.
- There could be a wider range of seats to choose from.
What insiders say about...
"The firm is looking for people who not only have the brains but are also quite forward-looking..."
"Cooley is very non-hierarchical and you really feel like you could pop in and speak..."
"We have a specific litigation programme and specific corporate programme along with..."
"First year trainees get paired with second year trainee "buddies" who are there for..."
"Location and facilities are excellent. The firm has a Friday dress down policy."
"I found the hours to be relatively long, but there is no expectation to stay late..."
"Cooley treats its employees well and the pay is great. Trainees don't get bonuses..."
"I found the mobile phone allowance to be a perk of working for Cooley."
"I was asked about current events. I had a question about a situation where I had..."
"I am not really sure what the firm does in this area."
"The firm has been better at hiring in a number of women partners but male partners..."
"My supervisor (or another associate/partner if they are busy) will always find something..."
"I have advised a charity on its memorandum of understanding with a project partner...."
"I feel that I have a high amount of responsibility with direct partner supervision..."
"Because of the small intake and the large amount of (interesting) work, it is possible..."
"I chose the firm because of the small trainee intake, which meant that I was given..."
"The firm invests in its trainees with a view to retaining them (hence the small intake)...."
"We are growing at a phenomenal rate, but we still manage to feel like a tightly knit..."
"Smart, techy, innovative."
"Have more of a formal structure for seats and encourage different teams to speak..."