"Refreshing, honest and kind."
- The office has a friendly atmosphere that encourages trainee development.
- As there is a small intake, trainees are able to take on high levels of responsibility early on.
- The trainee salary and associate bonus scheme are both seen as being very good for the industry.
- Trainees are confident of retention as the rates are consistently high.
- Some would like more transparency about what jobs are available on qualification.
- The high levels of responsibility offered could be seen as daunting by some.
- While there is flexibility and leniency, hours can still be long.
- There could be a wider range of seats to choose from.
What insiders say about...
"There’s an online critical thinking appraisal for those shortlisted after initial..."
"The firm does not have an after-hours culture, so although hard work is definitely..."
"We have a specific litigation programme and specific corporate programme along with..."
"Fee earners are very accessible. Most supervisors are excellent at giving feedback..."
"The location is great and right next to Liverpool Street station. The office space..."
"My work hours are generally fine and in line with my friends at other firms. However,..."
"There's amazing pay and further perks."
"Cooley has a box at the O2 available to staff for several events throughout the year...."
"I was mostly asked to elaborate on experiences I'd talked about in my application..."
"Although there is still lots to do in this area, we have recycling in all of the..."
"The firm is making efforts and it is high on the priority list but I don't think..."
"Very satisfied. I do a lot of research but also do various relief applications to..."
"Even as a vac schemer I was involved in a pro bono project giving advice to a local..."
"Cooley looks after its employees as individuals. The firm is generous and supports..."
"A lack of flexible working practices at the firm can be an issue."
"I researched the partners and the types of issues that they had been writing about..."
"The firm invests in its trainees with a view to retaining them (hence the small intake)...."
"We are growing at a phenomenal rate, but we still manage to feel like a tightly knit..."
"Friendly and quirky."
"Better communication regarding seat rotations and new qualifier roles."