"Smart, techy, innovative."
- The office has a friendly atmosphere that encourages trainee development.
- As there is a small intake, trainees are able to take on high levels of responsibility early on.
- The firm has a good reputation in the industry.
- There is little transparency about what jobs are available on qualification.
- Formal training has been seen as disorganised in the first year.
- There could be more secondment opportunities for trainees.
What insiders say about...
"Solicitors need to be practical and solution orientated. These are the skills you..."
"There is always something going on or being planned to get everyone together across..."
"The firm is part of a wider group of law firms who put on educational seminars for..."
"The partners and associates are very accessible. We also have a trainee buddy and..."
"We are based very close to Liverpool Street Station, which is really convenient...."
"Very flexible in terms of you organising your working day. But there are billable..."
"Not only is the firm friendly and without a negative after-hours culture, but the..."
"The Thursday cake trolley is a perk of the job."
"I was asked questions along the lines of: tell us about yourself; why did you choose..."
"Although there is still lots to do in this area, we have recycling in all of the..."
"The firm has been better at hiring in a number of women partners but male partners..."
"Very satisfied. I do a lot of research but also do various relief applications to..."
"There's a weekly email with pro bono cases that the firm can bid on. However, it..."
"My intake and, more generally, the people at the firm are great. They are personable..."
"Expectation to work long hours, lack of gratitude from some senior members of staff...."
"A human size with a small intake but a firm that has big clients nonetheless. The..."
"Retention is good but not everyone will get the department they want."
"The corporate/transactional floor currently has more women than men on it."
"High quality, accessible and always commercial."
"I think there should be scope for secondments to other Cooley offices."