"Innovative and dynamic."
- The office has a friendly atmosphere that encourages trainee development.
- As there is a small intake, trainees are able to take on high levels of responsibility early on.
- The firm has a good reputation in the industry.
- There is little transparency about what jobs are available on qualification.
- Formal training has been seen as disorganised in the first year.
- There could be more secondment opportunities for trainees.
What insiders say about...
"There's an assessment day. Read the news and be aware of current affairs. Research,..."
"There is a lot of cooperation between departments and junior members are encouraged..."
"The firm puts on a good amount of lunchtime legal seminars for trainees, and also..."
"I think I would have appreciated more input from the trainee partner during my training...."
"The office is in a great location above Liverpool Street. The firm recently introduced..."
"They don't make us stay for the sake of being seen but there is not much flexibility..."
"The firm's remuneration system is great. The trainee salary is very competitive and..."
"We get tickets to the box at the O2 if there are spaces left after anyone who wants..."
"Various situational judgement questions and a few questions about why I wanted to..."
"Although there is still lots to do in this area, we have recycling in all of the..."
"Cooley has various diversity initiatives, such as the diversity committee and women's..."
"I think that trainees take a hands-on role at Cooley, and very much considered part..."
"I have advised a charity on its memorandum of understanding with a project partner...."
"High levels of responsibility and very interesting work."
"Lack of control over seat rotations."
"A human size with a small intake but a firm that has big clients nonetheless. The..."
"Although Cooley seems to try to keep as many trainees as possible, retention is very..."
"The corporate/transactional floor currently has more women than men on it."
"Smart, techy, innovative."
"Be more flexible about working from home."