"Smart, techy, innovative."
- The office has a friendly atmosphere that encourages trainee development.
- As there is a small intake, trainees are able to take on high levels of responsibility early on.
- The trainee salary and associate bonus scheme are both seen as being very good for the industry.
- Trainees are confident of retention as the rates are consistently high.
- Some would like more transparency about what jobs are available on qualification.
- The high levels of responsibility offered could be seen as daunting by some.
- While there is flexibility and leniency, hours can still be long.
- There could be a wider range of seats to choose from.
What insiders say about...
"The firm is looking for people who not only have the brains but are also quite forward-looking..."
"There's a lack of integration between the 10th (transactional work) and 11th (litigation)..."
"Cooley uni is a good way to learn what you need to and warm up for your day-to-day..."
"The partners and associates are very accessible. We also have a trainee buddy and..."
"Great location. Very standard City offices. Not flash like some of the well established..."
"Work hours vary significantly. On an average day, I leave the office around 7.30..."
"Cooley treats its employees well and the pay is great. Trainees don't get bonuses..."
"I found the mobile phone allowance to be a perk of working for Cooley."
"During my interview I was asked to describe the implications of the Eurozone crisis...."
"There is a cycle to work initiative and part of the wellness programme would be 'green'..."
"Cooley has various diversity initiatives, such as the diversity committee and women's..."
"You can be given high levels of responsibility if working in a small team. You also..."
"I have advised a charity on its memorandum of understanding with a project partner...."
"You can get high levels of responsibility."
"Long hours can be a trade-off for having a small trainee intake. There is generally..."
"The small intake of trainees and strength in intellectual property work and likelihood..."
"Most people seem to stay on after their training contract."
"The corporate/transactional floor currently has more women than men on it."
"Friendly and quirky."
"Better secondment opportunities would be great."