"Innovative and dynamic."
- The office has a friendly atmosphere that encourages trainee development.
- As there is a small intake, trainees are able to take on high levels of responsibility early on.
- The firm has a good reputation in the industry.
- There is little transparency about what jobs are available on qualification.
- Formal training has been seen as disorganised in the first year.
- There could be more secondment opportunities for trainees.
What insiders say about...
"Following the application form there is an assessment day. The morning consists of..."
"Cooley is very non-hierarchical and you really feel like you could pop in and speak..."
"There are a range of internal seminars throughout the training contract; on topics..."
"I think I would have appreciated more input from the trainee partner during my training...."
"Location and facilities are excellent. The firm has a Friday dress down policy."
"Work hours vary significantly. On an average day, I leave the office around 7.30..."
"The firm's remuneration system is great. The trainee salary is very competitive and..."
"I'm quite health conscious, so having free fruit everywhere is a real bonus for me...."
"How many cars are there in the UK?"
"There is a cycle to work initiative and part of the wellness programme would be 'green'..."
"The firm has been better at hiring in a number of women partners but male partners..."
"Having compared it to other firms' trainees, I believe I have more responsibilities..."
"We assist students giving legal advice through QLegal (at Queen Mary University),..."
"Quite a laid back atmosphere. The majority of the people understand that you have..."
"In-house training isn't as structured or comprehensive as I would like. Obviously..."
"The small intake of trainees and strength in intellectual property work and likelihood..."
"It has improved year on year recently which is positive for the firm."
"The London launch party was the best party ever held. Ever."
"Sociable, big-name clients, supportive atmosphere."
"Be more flexible about working from home."