"Friendly and quirky."
- The office has a friendly atmosphere that encourages trainee development.
- As there is a small intake, trainees are able to take on high levels of responsibility early on.
- The trainee salary and associate bonus scheme are both seen as being very good for the industry.
- Trainees are confident of retention as the rates are consistently high.
- Some would like more transparency about what jobs are available on qualification.
- The high levels of responsibility offered could be seen as daunting by some.
- While there is flexibility and leniency, hours can still be long.
- There could be a wider range of seats to choose from.
What insiders say about...
"Focus on the skills you have developed and how they will contribute to you being..."
"There is always something going on or being planned to get everyone together across..."
"The lunchtime training programme was patchy immediately after the firm launched but..."
"Many of the partners and senior associates are very keen to assist with informal..."
"The location is great, the offices are typical City firm offices that may not reflect..."
"My hours have been very reasonable and my supervisor has said that it's likely I..."
"Cooley's pay is excellent considering we are a collaborative and friendly firm and..."
"We get tickets to the box at the O2 if there are spaces left after anyone who wants..."
"I was mostly asked to elaborate on experiences I'd talked about in my application..."
"Although there is still lots to do in this area, we have recycling in all of the..."
"The office is fairly diverse for a City firm. Partners and associates seem genuinely..."
"The quality of work is really varied. Sometimes I'm given more admin-type things..."
"Even as a vac schemer I was involved in a pro bono project giving advice to a local..."
"Cooley has a friendly, appreciative and ambitious working environment with a fantastic..."
"Expectation to work long hours, lack of gratitude from some senior members of staff...."
"The firm's small trainee intake, and a chance to practice areas of law I was interested..."
"The firm invests in its trainees with a view to retaining them (hence the small intake)...."
"Every staff member gets a 'One Year at Cooley' travel mug delivered to their desk..."
"Smart, techy, innovative."
"I think there should be scope for secondments to other Cooley offices."