"Highly motivated, intelligent and hard-working lawyers. We think..."
- The office has a friendly atmosphere that encourages trainee development.
- As there is a small intake, trainees are able to take on high levels of responsibility early on.
- The trainee salary and associate bonus scheme are both seen as being very good for the industry.
- Trainees are confident of retention as the rates are consistently high.
- Some would like more transparency about what jobs are available on qualification.
- The high levels of responsibility offered could be seen as daunting by some.
- While there is flexibility and leniency, hours can still be long.
- There could be a wider range of seats to choose from.
What insiders say about...
"There is an assessment day involving individual tests, a group exercise and a partner..."
"There is a lot of cooperation between departments and junior members are encouraged..."
"There's a fairly broad range of seats and you get a lot of responsibility, so you..."
"We are allocated a trainee buddy when we are a first year trainee. We are also allocated..."
"The location is great, the offices are typical City firm offices that may not reflect..."
"They don't make us stay for the sake of being seen but there is not much flexibility..."
"City solicitor salaries are somewhat out of control. However, I'm in no way complaining..."
"The firm shares a box at the O2 so tickets are occasionally available. It's normally..."
"The questions focused on my personality and competency as well as my work interests..."
"There is a cycle to work initiative and part of the wellness programme would be 'green'..."
"The firm has been better at hiring in a number of women partners but male partners..."
"In general, most trainees get to work on reasonably high-level work alongside a partner..."
"Cooley has an active pro-bono committee and is involved with several schemes. These..."
"My intake and, more generally, the people at the firm are great. They are personable..."
"Lack of control over seat rotations."
"The small intake of trainees and strength in intellectual property work and likelihood..."
"The firm is young and there is no way of telling how retention rates will develop..."
"We are growing at a phenomenal rate, but we still manage to feel like a tightly knit..."
"Friendly and quirky."
"Better secondment opportunities would be great."