"Growing, straightforward and transparent."
- There’s a friendly and supportive culture with a relaxed atmosphere.
- Hours have a lot of flexibility, which allows for a good work/life balance.
- Graduate progression and development is strongly focused on.
- There are many good and unique perks and benefits on offer.
- Some feel that the company could be quicker to adopt new technology.
- The salary is not competitive within the industry.
- Formal training is lacking in some areas.
- There could be more focus on communication between departments.
What insiders say about...
"I'd advise potential applicants to really understand the CARES values when applying...."
"There is a huge emphasis on work/life balance here. There is always plenty of community..."
"We have open-plan working with the dress code depending on what area of the business..."
"Work is very flexible when needed. Completing work is a priority but the society..."
"As a graduate programme in the financial services sector, the pay isn't as high as..."
"We get pension matching up to 10% as well as carers' flexibility, which is paid time..."
"The questions they ask relate to the job you're applying for. The society wants to..."
"We have a keen focus on recycling. Bamboo cups are good and I'm aware of the cycle..."
"It can be a bit tricky working at a separate head office than your line manager,..."
"I believe we have just won an award for diversity at the company. Personally, I think..."
"You are guaranteed a job when you complete the scheme, which is encouraging. However,..."
"Most of what I do assists with the bigger picture of things. Whether it's a one-off..."
"We have flexible working hours and have the option to work from home."
"The experience of working in an operational area differs greatly to working in a..."
"We're the second largest building society in the UK."
"Caring and with a good work/life balance."
"I was taken into IT with limited IT knowledge, this acceptance allowed me to train..."
"If you are going in to help out in an operational area during a busy time of the..."
"Remove internal mobility pay caps."