"Aims for perfection, client focused, sticklers for high standards..."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have no compulsory seats.
- Some feel that certain practices are old-fashioned, such as the lack of working from home.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"If you're applying for a vacation scheme then an interview is conducted around March...."
"The firm is generally quite relaxed and partners are very approachable. There is..."
"We get regular department training sessions in corporate, dispute resolution and..."
"Everyone is very accessible and trainees are now sitting with partners, which means..."
"The location is excellent. We are directly in the middle of the City and the West..."
"I have found that the hours can be tough at times, although comparable to friends..."
"I feel very lucky to be getting such a big salary at such a young age, even with..."
"The firm provides dinner and taxi if you are working after 9:00pm."
"I went through an application process to get accepted on the vacations scheme. After..."
"I was asked to elaborate on things in my CV. I was also presented with a lot of scenario-based..."
"I am not really aware of any specific initiatives C&B have with regards to the environment...."
"Partners are very approachable and willing to provide guidance. Trainees have a formal..."
"Diversity is an important part of senior management's agenda, both in London and..."
"This depends on the department but there are usually good prospects to move up the..."
"My client interaction varies from seat to seat. In my current seat I have had daily..."
"The firm is very well known for its pro bono capabilities and does a huge amount..."
"The standard of the work you are given is very high and interesting. There is a good..."
"It can sometime feel like there's a lack of support or resources."
"I liked the sound of the work and the possibility of having a small group of trainees..."
"Generally trainee retention is very good. Being a small firm, there are only usually..."
"We're 100 years old this year!"
"Intellectual, friendly and collegiate."
"Small intake, early responsibility, good remuneration and interesting practice areas...."
"May vary during departments but usually there is a sufficient amount of training..."
"The firm actively encourages capable people who would contribute to the life of the..."
"I would like to have some perks and stronger commitment to reducing the carbon footprint...."