"The firm is collegiate and high quality."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have options for international secondments.
- Some feel that including more meetings with supervisors would help trainees to reach their goals.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"The firm is moving away from being known just as life sciences specialists, so don't..."
"This varies significantly between departments. Some are very good with approachable..."
"Some teams have special training sessions, including special corporate and dispute..."
"Mentors are usually happy to provide feedback and most people will praise your work...."
"We're in an excellent location and very nice offices. It would be nice to have a..."
"The hours depend largely on the department you are in and the case/transaction you..."
"The trainee pay is high for a graduate salary, but towards the lower end for similar..."
"Private medical insurance and taxis home after 9.30 pm."
"I went through an application process to get accepted on the vacations scheme. After..."
"I was asked about my CV, about my teamwork skills, why I wanted to join the firm..."
"I am unsure of most of what the firm does in this area, which probably says something..."
"Managers are accessible but maybe are not as proactive as they could be. Feedback..."
"The firm is committed to, and makes a number of efforts to ensure, diversity. It..."
"The London office is very top heavy."
"I get to draft transaction documents and interact with clients – though I also..."
"The firm encourages trainees to get involved in pro bono."
"Levels of responsibility given."
"Hours; lack of work/life balance; poor communication at times."
"The combination of working with top clients and having good responsibility and interesting..."
"The retention is great and most of the trainees are kept on. When you join Covington,..."
"We have a highly successful (and recently promoted) softball team!"
"Academically focused and collegiate."
"Small intake, early responsibility, good remuneration and interesting practice areas...."
"Apart from the professional skills course, the firm also offers internal training..."
"The firm works with a scholars programme at Warwick University."
"More frequent contact with the training principal."