"A friendly and focused team."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have options for international secondments.
- Some feel that including more meetings with supervisors would help trainees to reach their goals.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"I was hired through the vacation scheme. There was an initial (quite long) application..."
"The office environment is friendly, though strongly hierarchical. There is also sometime..."
"I have picked up a lot of skills when it comes to client contact, interpersonal skills..."
"Solicitors and partners are very accessible at the firm. Each trainee has an approachable..."
"The current London office is slightly dated, but the location is fantastic. An office..."
"The hours vary considerably depending on what you are working on. If there is an..."
"The trainee pay is high for a graduate salary, but towards the lower end for similar..."
"Pension. Taxis and dinner after hours. Dental and health insurance. Childcare vouchers...."
"I went through two rounds of interviews: the first was a generally straightforward..."
"I was asked questions about my background and experience."
"The recycling processes are generally good and the new environment committee is looking..."
"Partners are very approachable and willing to provide guidance. Trainees have a formal..."
"Both the women's forum and the diversity committee are active within the firm and..."
"This depends on the department but there are usually good prospects to move up the..."
"I have had little client contact so far, but have had a decent level of responsibility..."
"We're one of the highest-ranked firms for pro bono hours. We have dedicated ongoing..."
"Smaller trainee intake means higher levels of responsibility. The international nature..."
"The hours; lack of work/life balance."
"I liked the sound of the work and the possibility of having a small group of trainees..."
"The retention is great and most of the trainees are kept on. When you join Covington,..."
"We're 100 years old this year!"
"A US firm with an international reach and distinct expertise."
"High-profile clients and the prospect of exciting, challenging work with an international..."
"The firm struggles to provide a robust training programme for all lawyers, likely..."
"At Warwick University, the firm runs a 'multi-cultural scholars programme' where..."
"There should be options for international secondments."