"A friendly and focused team."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have no compulsory seats.
- Some feel that certain practices are old-fashioned, such as the lack of working from home.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"The interview process has two rounds. The first involves a single 30–45 minute..."
"The culture here is intellectual, but not overly hierarchical. The firm has socials..."
"Personally, I think that the firm could provide more formal training."
"The mentoring is very good and everyone is generally happy to answer questions, and..."
"Our offices are in an excellent location and have plenty of office space. Each trainee..."
"The hours can be long and there is a heavy emphasis on client service and getting..."
"I feel that pay is probably starting to lag behind market rates, but it is still..."
"The best perk is the supervisor/trainee social budget."
"I went through an application process to get accepted on the vacations scheme. After..."
"There were general questions regarding my achievements and positions of responsibility..."
"We do have recycling within the office but I'm not sure what our office's energy..."
"Managers are accessible but maybe are not as proactive as they could be. Feedback..."
"We have a diversity committee and host diversity events."
"The London office is very top heavy."
"The work is very varied. You will often be the only trainee in a department, so you..."
"Trainees get involved in as much pro bono work as they are able and willing to do...."
"The firm's culture. People are generally relaxed, friendly and fair."
"Occasional stints of late nights."
"I had narrowed my list of firms down to US firms as I wanted to train in an environment..."
"To my knowledge, every year for a while now, everyone who wants to stay on has been..."
"Eric Holder (the former US attorney general under President Obama) works here."
"A firm with intellectual energy, that is convivial and diligent."
"The range and quality of training as well as the small trainee intake."
"The firm struggles to provide a robust training programme for all lawyers, likely..."
"The firm actively encourages capable people who would contribute to the life of the..."
"More frequent contact with the training principal."