"The firm is collegiate and high quality."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have no compulsory seats.
- Some feel that certain practices are old-fashioned, such as the lack of working from home.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Be prepared to think on your feet and show who you really are."
"The culture here is intellectual, but not overly hierarchical. The firm has socials..."
"There's a good amount of formal training involved at the start of the training contract..."
"In the round, senior lawyers here do make good mentors. Some are (unsurprisingly)..."
"The location is fantastic and close to both Covent Garden and theatres while also..."
"My hours are generally very good for a US firm, although the work load is unpredictable..."
"Trainee and NQ salaries are very generous, although they haven't been increased for..."
"Taxis and food are provided when working overtime. Good pension contribution and..."
"I went through an application process to get accepted on the vacations scheme. After..."
"I was asked to explain a commercial story in the news that I found interesting. What..."
"I am not sure what efforts the firm has in place in this area, apart from an arrangement..."
"Managers are accessible but maybe are not as proactive as they could be. Feedback..."
"The firm is committed to, and makes a number of efforts to ensure, diversity. It..."
"The London office is very top heavy."
"I work in the corporate department dealing with life sciences transactions. I have..."
"The pro bono work undertaken by the firm is varied."
"There are a multitude of pluses: responsibility, interesting work and clients, the..."
"The firm's IT systems and working practices are a bit outdated."
"I chose this firm because of its small size, esteemed reputation, interesting practice..."
"The retention rates have so far been very good, but it is always difficult to predict..."
"One of Covington's lawyers rescues historical artefacts from under the sea."
"Hard, but rewarding work."
"High-profile clients and the prospect of exciting, challenging work with an international..."
"The firm struggles to provide a robust training programme for all lawyers, likely..."
"At Warwick University, the firm runs a 'multi-cultural scholars programme' where..."
"More frequent contact with the training principal."