"Friendly, quirky and ambitious."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have no compulsory seats.
- Some feel that certain practices are old-fashioned, such as the lack of working from home.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"You should be very thorough in your research: when they ask you why you're applying..."
"People are generally quite friendly, though there are not that many social events...."
"We get regular department training sessions in corporate, dispute resolution and..."
"The quality of training and mentoring obviously varies between different supervisors...."
"Although the offices could do with a refurbishment, they are certainly fit for purpose..."
"We have long and unpredictable working hours so a work/life balance can be difficult..."
"Trainees don't qualify for bonuses at the firm, but I have nothing to complain about..."
"Taxis and food are provided when working overtime. Good pension contribution and..."
"I went through two rounds of interviews: the first was a generally straightforward..."
"Some questions required thinking on your feet. I was also asked situational judgement..."
"Recycling is a strong point but many hundreds, if not thousands, of flights are taken..."
"Partners are very approachable and willing to provide guidance. Trainees have a formal..."
"There is a good ratio of men to women within the office (possibly even more women..."
"This depends on the department but there are usually good prospects to move up the..."
"I am quite satisfied. I do a mixture of corporate merger and acquisition support,..."
"Trainees get involved in as much pro bono work as they are able and willing to do...."
"I get to do really interesting work with friendly and bright colleagues. The work..."
"Occasional long hours - but no worse than other City firms."
"The specialist practice areas that the firm works in."
"The firm has a very strong retention rate but everything always depends on the business..."
"London trainees visit the firm's head office in Washington DC for one week in their..."
"An academic firm committed to high standards of work."
"Small intake, early responsibility, good remuneration and interesting practice areas...."
"May vary during departments but usually there is a sufficient amount of training..."
"The firm actively encourages capable people who would contribute to the life of the..."
"I think the firm should hire more trainees."