"US law firm with a stellar reputation."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have no compulsory seats.
- Some feel that certain practices are old-fashioned, such as the lack of working from home.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"You have to fill in a similar application form to many other firms and attend two..."
"I have found the culture here to be friendly and warm in and out of the office. I..."
"There's a good amount of formal training involved at the start of the training contract..."
"The firm has stellar lawyers who in my experience make great teachers and mentors...."
"The office location is fantastic. It's near Covent Garden, next to the Royal Courts..."
"I've had to work from 9.00 am to 11.00 pm fairly regularly since starting. However,..."
"We're still competitive compared to other firms."
"The firm offers the usual benefits such as pension scheme and private medical insurance...."
"The application process is extremely competitive. You need top class academics and..."
"There were various questions about my CV and previous work experience. There were..."
"We do have recycling within the office but I'm not sure what our office's energy..."
"Partners are very approachable and willing to provide guidance. Trainees have a formal..."
"The firm is committed to, and makes a number of efforts to ensure, diversity. It..."
"This depends on the department but there are usually good prospects to move up the..."
"Responsibilities naturally vary, but on the whole this is a firm that really values..."
"The firm prides itself on its pro bono legacy and pro bono is emphasised across the..."
"There are a multitude of pluses: responsibility, interesting work and clients, the..."
"Occasional long hours - but no worse than other City firms."
"The fact that it's an American firm with a smaller intake and a good reputation."
"The retention rates are very good and the firm really makes an effort to keep you..."
"Eric Holder (the former US attorney general under President Obama) works here."
"Professional, collegiate and old-fashioned."
"Small intake, early responsibility, good remuneration and interesting practice areas...."
"May vary during departments but usually there is a sufficient amount of training..."
"The firm works with a scholars programme at Warwick University."
"There could be some improvement in our HR and administrative processes."