"Friendly and intelligent people."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have no compulsory seats.
- Some feel that certain practices are old-fashioned, such as the lack of working from home.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"The interview process has two rounds. The first involves a single 30–45 minute..."
"This varies significantly between departments. Some are very good with approachable..."
"We have limited up-front training, which can make the transition to a new seat more..."
"All lawyers are very accessible, and are usually good at giving feedback (even if..."
"We're in a great location but we don't have many useful facilities."
"I have found that the hours can be tough at times, although comparable to friends..."
"The salary is high for London, especially for a firm with a decent work/life balance..."
"The free (or reimbursed) meals and transport home when working late are much appreciated...."
"I went through two rounds of interviews: the first was a generally straightforward..."
"If you could invite anyone, dead or alive, to a dinner party, who would it be and..."
"I am unsure of the firm's efforts to reduce their carbon footprint."
"Managers are accessible but maybe are not as proactive as they could be. Feedback..."
"We have a diversity committee and host diversity events."
"The London office is very top heavy."
"I have a wide range of responsibilities and take ownership of projects of in my role...."
"The firm has a variety of pro bono clients including charities, start-ups, NGOs and..."
"Opportunity to get involved with niche and interesting areas of practice. Excellent..."
"The hours can be unpredictable, making it difficult to keep a work/life balance...."
"The unique culture, the cutting-edge sectors and clients and the work/life balance...."
"The firm makes an effort to retain its trainees. As it is a small intake, there are..."
"London trainees visit the firm's head office in Washington DC for one week in their..."
"Academically focused and collegiate."
"Small intake, early responsibility, good remuneration and interesting practice areas...."
"May vary during departments but usually there is a sufficient amount of training..."
"At Warwick University, the firm runs a 'multi-cultural scholars programme' where..."
"I'd have liked more practical training on the firm's systems and the types of tasks..."