"Punches above its weight."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have no compulsory seats.
- Some feel that certain practices are old-fashioned, such as the lack of working from home.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"The application process for the vacation scheme is an online form followed by a 45-minute..."
"People are sensible, interesting and down-to-earth. A face/time culture is seen as..."
"I have picked up a lot of skills when it comes to client contact, interpersonal skills..."
"The mentoring is very good and everyone is generally happy to answer questions, and..."
"We have spacious, comfortable offices. The location is fantastic - right next to..."
"Working hours do vary, but are generally long. Late evenings, weekends and bank holidays..."
"We're still competitive compared to other firms."
"We get given a Northbank privilege card, health insurance and a trip to the Washington..."
"I went through an application process to get accepted on the vacations scheme. After..."
"I was asked to elaborate on things in my CV. I was also presented with a lot of scenario-based..."
"The recycling processes are generally good and the new environment committee is looking..."
"Partners are very approachable and willing to provide guidance. Trainees have a formal..."
"The firm has a very strong commitment to diversity. It seeks to hire people that..."
"The London office is very top heavy."
"I have a wide range of responsibilities and take ownership of projects of in my role...."
"The firm is very well known for its pro bono capabilities and does a huge amount..."
"Cutting-edge work for prominent clients."
"There can be a lack of transparency around seat rotations."
"The specialist practice areas that the firm works in."
"The firm usually offers more positions than there are qualifying trainees."
"The DC office has a picture of some puppies because the firm once extended its name..."
"The firm is very polished and very sharp."
"The range and quality of training as well as the small trainee intake."
"The firm struggles to provide a robust training programme for all lawyers, likely..."
"At Warwick University, the firm runs a 'multi-cultural scholars programme' where..."
"An on-site gym would be ideal."