"US law firm with a stellar reputation."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have no compulsory seats.
- Some feel that certain practices are old-fashioned, such as the lack of working from home.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Be confident about your achievements and think about how you could add to Covington...."
"It's a friendly firm with an open-door policy and cooperative colleagues. Firm drinks..."
"We get regular in-house training and know-how sessions. There are always top-notch..."
"The informal training is excellent due in large part to the high quality of lawyers..."
"We're in a great location next to the Royal Courts of Justice."
"Hours depend on the practice area you are in so this is hard to assess. In the regulatory..."
"It's frustrating that employees in our firm's other offices are paid more for doing..."
"We have a trip to Washington DC in our second year to visit the firm's headquarters...."
"I went through an application process to get accepted on the vacations scheme. After..."
"I was asked to elaborate on things in my CV. I was also presented with a lot of scenario-based..."
"The recycling processes are generally good and the new environment committee is looking..."
"Management generally reacts quickly to changes in the market/circumstances and tries..."
"Both the women's forum and the diversity committee are active within the firm and..."
"This depends on the department but there are usually good prospects to move up the..."
"The work drastically varies by department. In smaller, niche teams you are given..."
"The firm encourages trainees to get involved in pro bono."
"We get an excellent quality of work and a high level of responsibility."
"I would say that the facilities could use some improvement."
"The fact that it's an American firm with a smaller intake and a good reputation."
"The retention rates here have been high historically."
"One of Covington's lawyers rescues historical artefacts from under the sea."
"Positive, reputable and diverse."
"Small trainee intake. Strong regulatory practice."
"May vary during departments but usually there is a sufficient amount of training..."
"The firm works with a scholars programme at Warwick University."
"More transparency on seat allocation."