"Prestigious. Academic. Rigorous. Friendly."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have no compulsory seats.
- Some feel that certain practices are old-fashioned, such as the lack of working from home.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"It's an online application followed by a first-stage interview. There is then a longer..."
"The culture in the office is very respectful: this isn't a firm for shouters and..."
"Each practice group has weekly/fortnightly training updates on the latest developments...."
"It varies based on departments. Some solicitors and partners are very helpful and..."
"We're in an excellent location and very nice offices. It would be nice to have a..."
"Firm hours vary by department. Regulatory seems to be more regular, while corporate..."
"We're still competitive compared to other firms."
"The firm offers the usual benefits including a pension scheme and private medical..."
"I went through two rounds of interviews: the first was a generally straightforward..."
"I was asked to elaborate on things in my CV. I was also presented with a lot of scenario-based..."
"We have seen some more green initiatives over the last year but there is still a..."
"Managers are accessible but maybe are not as proactive as they could be. Feedback..."
"I see many women in the firm both going on, and coming back from, maternity leave...."
"The London office is very top heavy."
"I'm very satisfied with the quality of work as trainees are given responsibility..."
"We have lots of pro bono initiatives and are encouraged to suggest new ones too...."
"Great work and great mentorship here are real pluses."
"I would say that the facilities could use some improvement."
"Its well-known strengths in regulatory work (life sciences, tech and media). Then,..."
"Generally the firm has a very high retention rate, however business demand is the..."
"There's a big 4th of July party and a black tie Christmas party every year."
"Incisive, thoughtful and attentive."
"I attended the vacation scheme and really enjoyed it."
"May vary during departments but usually there is a sufficient amount of training..."
"The firm actively encourages capable people who would contribute to the life of the..."
"Have no compulsory seats. The current compulsory seats make no sense considering..."