"Friendly, quirky and ambitious."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have no compulsory seats.
- Some feel that certain practices are old-fashioned, such as the lack of working from home.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"There's an application form, an interview for a vacation scheme and a subsequent..."
"We work in small teams, which results in high-level work even as a first year trainee...."
"We have several trainee training sessions that are organised by different departments...."
"All lawyers are very accessible, and are usually good at giving feedback (even if..."
"The offices are modern and spacious, and the location beside the Royal Courts of..."
"My hours are generally very good for a US firm, although the work load is unpredictable..."
"We get excellent remuneration."
"We have a trip to Washington DC in our second year to visit the firm's headquarters...."
"The application process is extremely competitive. You need top class academics and..."
"I was asked questions about my academic and non-academic interests, my interests..."
"I am unsure of most of what the firm does in this area, which probably says something..."
"Managers are accessible but maybe are not as proactive as they could be. Feedback..."
"The firm has a very strong commitment to diversity. It seeks to hire people that..."
"The London office is very top heavy."
"I have been very satisfied with the quality of work overall. You can get assigned..."
"The firm has a very strong commitment to pro bono work, both internationally and..."
"Cutting-edge work for prominent clients."
"Our pay is lower than at some other firms and there's a limited choice of seats."
"I was encouraged to apply here by its somewhat academic atmosphere and cutting edge..."
"The retention rates have been good historically."
"We are the biggest law firm in Washington DC."
"A firm with intellectual energy, that is convivial and diligent."
"High-profile clients and the prospect of exciting, challenging work with an international..."
"Apart from the professional skills course, the firm also offers internal training..."
"At Warwick University, the firm runs a 'multi-cultural scholars programme' where..."
"More feedback and support from lawyers."