"A firm with intellectual energy, that is convivial and diligent...."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have no compulsory seats.
- Some feel that certain practices are old-fashioned, such as the lack of working from home.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Try to understand the work of the firm and bring that out in your application. It..."
"There's a good level of cooperation and teamwork. As part of corporate, I generally..."
"Personally, I think that the firm could provide more formal training."
"The firm has stellar lawyers who in my experience make great teachers and mentors...."
"The offices are modern and spacious, and the location beside the Royal Courts of..."
"The hours depend largely on the department you are in and the case/transaction you..."
"The firm pays what is often referred to as a 'mid-Atlantic' salary, which is not..."
"Taxis and food if you are working late are the best perks."
"I went through an application process to get accepted on the vacations scheme. After..."
"I was asked questions about my background and experience."
"Personally I've seen little discussion of this, although it's possible there's more..."
"Managers are accessible but maybe are not as proactive as they could be. Feedback..."
"We have an active diversity society that is very welcoming of people who want to..."
"The London office is very top heavy."
"I have been very satisfied with the quality of work overall. You can get assigned..."
"There is a big focus on pro bono. There is a very wide range of projects such as..."
"There are a multitude of pluses: responsibility, interesting work and clients, the..."
"There can be a lack of transparency around seat rotations."
"I was encouraged to apply here by its somewhat academic atmosphere and cutting edge..."
"Generally retention rates are very high, but as certain teams are very small, it..."
"The DC office has a picture of some puppies because the firm once extended its name..."
"Intelligent, capable and collaborative."
"Small trainee intake. Strong regulatory practice."
"May vary during departments but usually there is a sufficient amount of training..."
"The firm actively encourages capable people who would contribute to the life of the..."
"There could be more communication between trainees and their supervisors."