"Interesting work and friendly people."
- Trainees are offered high-quality work with a wide range of responsibility.
- Supervisors provide support on a regular basis and mentors are seen as being helpful and available.
- A collegiate and open-door culture ensures that trainees are welcomed into the firm.
- Trainee retention is seen as being strong and consistent.
- Occasional long or unpredictable hours may mean that the work/life balance suffers.
- Some trainees would like to have no compulsory seats.
- Some feel that certain practices are old-fashioned, such as the lack of working from home.
- Day-to-day roles and experiences can vary greatly between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Come prepared for a thoughtful, intelligent discussion. Be comfortable and confident..."
"People are generally very friendly and approachable and there's frequent socialising..."
"There's a good amount of formal training involved at the start of the training contract..."
"The on-the-job training is very good and your supervisor and associates will put..."
"The location is fantastic and close to both Covent Garden and theatres while also..."
"My hours have been ok. I work late in the office when I have to but (depending on..."
"The pay at Covington is very generous."
"Taxis and food if you are working late are the best perks."
"I went through two rounds of interviews: the first was a generally straightforward..."
"If you could cook a three-course meal for a celebrity, what would you cook and who..."
"The recycling processes are generally good and the new environment committee is looking..."
"Management generally reacts quickly to changes in the market/circumstances and tries..."
"Both the women's forum and the diversity committee are active within the firm and..."
"The London office is very top heavy."
"Role is to assist senior associates and partners on large transactions and matters...."
"The firm offers a big range of pro bono projects and there is a gift awarded to everyone..."
"Respectful and thoughtful colleagues are a plus."
"It can sometime feel like there's a lack of support or resources."
"I chose this firm because of its small size, esteemed reputation, interesting practice..."
"The firm usually seeks to retain everyone."
"Eric Holder, the former US Attorney General under Obama, now works for the firm in..."
"A US firm with an international reach and distinct expertise."
"Small trainee intake. Strong regulatory practice."
"The firm struggles to provide a robust training programme for all lawyers, likely..."
"The firm actively encourages capable people who would contribute to the life of the..."
"I think the firm should introduce a more tailored training contract which would be..."