"Global, friendly and connected."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- In some departments, working long and unpredictable hours is unavoidable.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"It is really important to show enthusiasm, personality and drive at the interview..."
"Trainees socialise together, especially on a Friday night. Trainees support each..."
"The firm has an extremely comprehensive induction week that takes place in Crewe..."
"Each trainee is assigned a supervisor, and they will usually sit in the same office...."
"The dress code is standard office wear but you can get away with a bit provided there..."
"Usually 8.45 am till about 6.30 pm on a normal day for most departments. Busy times..."
"Salary is one of the highest in Scotland."
"The firm is happy to cover any expenses associated with work or attending networking..."
"I was hired in 2007. There were two rounds: one interview and then a second round..."
"At my interview I was asked which law I could change if I could change one."
"The firm has signs around encouraging people not to print if they don't have to."
"While women still make up a minority of partners, there is a push to get more into..."
"As a trainee I have realistic expectations of the type of work that will be given..."
"I have been given lots of opportunities to be involved in both national and international..."
"That we have access to almost any type of legal work in a corporate context."
"No beds on site means that when you are working round the clock on a deal it makes..."
"The international clients and opportunities, the chance to do City quality work in..."
"The retention rate at the Manchester office was very good, I cannot comment on the..."
"Our women's team came second in the Morrison's Great Run Business Challenge this..."
"Global firm with friendly and practical lawyers."
"Offer more seat choices, even if this includes seats only offered in other offices...."