"There is a great can-do attitude and culture, trainees have great..."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- In some departments, working long and unpredictable hours is unavoidable.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"The advice I would give to any candidate applying to DLA Piper is to be yourself...."
"The working environment is very open and non-hierarchical with an "open-door" policy...."
"When you move departments during your training contract there is a concerted effort..."
"I have been able to build really good working relationships with my supervisors...."
"Although our current offices are outdated and spread over two floors, we are moving..."
"Usually 8.45 am till about 6.30 pm on a normal day for most departments. Busy times..."
"Trainee pay is on the market level, whereas I think that the firm lags behind significantly..."
"The firm offers a suite of health support packages, including private health care..."
"After completing an extensive application form, I had to go through two rounds of..."
"I was asked which news stories I was currently following, why I wanted to become..."
"One example is that the firm recently provided the office with drinks bottles and..."
"The firm runs a Women's Network, which seeks to promote opportunities for women...."
"Very happy with the quality of the work, although it can vary from department to..."
"Every fee earner has a pro bono target each year. As a trainee, this allows for some..."
"DLA Piper has an excellent culture that's inclusive, sociable and international...."
"In my experience I have felt a sense of bureaucracy at DLA Piper."
"Its global reach, high calibre of clients and the high level of responsibility we're..."
"It is hard to say because it differs from year to year but our retention rates are..."
"Last week we were ranked second in Law 360's Global 20, which ranks firms based on..."
"An innovative, exciting and fast paced firm."
"Better supervision of trainee time and how it is spent. I think the variety and type..."