"Driven, hard-working, friendly."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"Talk to as many people as possible and go to the firm's events."
"It varies across offices and teams. There are a host of after work drinks including..."
"Training is absolutely outstanding at DLA Piper. We are supported throughout the..."
"Mentoring is available to everyone, not just trainees. I benefited a great deal from..."
"The office is located in a really nice part of central Sheffield (Peace Gardens),..."
"Days are given in lieu after particularly busy periods and you can arrive late/leave..."
"The pay is excellent for the region, although disproportionately lower than London...."
"We get free breakfasts and subsidised lunches. The firm sponsors BTSS membership..."
"I was interviewed to achieve a place on the firm's vacation scheme. For the TC, I..."
"There was lots of situational questions which would ask what you would do in certain..."
"I'd say that way too much disposable and unnecessary plastic gets used."
"I have attended quite a few events on gender issues and supporting women in their..."
"I have been given responsibility from the start running small files myself, liaising..."
"DLA has a dedicated pro bono department and I have personally worked on a huge range..."
"Excellent work and clients with opportunities to be involved in groundbreaking and..."
"Popular seats can be very competitive."
"After completing a summer vacation scheme at the firm, I found it to be somewhere..."
"Quite poor in my opinion. I think this is due to taking on too many trainees."
"We get free breakfast in the Manchester office."
"Great work, friendly staff and rewarding."
"More informal feedback from senior colleagues."