"Global and forward-looking."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"There is a vacation scheme at the firm, where if your application is successful,..."
"Trainees socialise together, especially on a Friday night. Trainees support each..."
"The firm runs a week-long induction at the start of the training contract, where..."
"This varies a lot. It is often non-partners who are allocated as supervisors and..."
"Most departments operate a dress code where you don't need to wear a tie unless going..."
"It varies from department to department. Last seat was generally 8.30am – 6.30pm,..."
"Bonuses are not applicable to trainees. Pay is generally good, although perhaps relatively..."
"We have a cafe in the office which is subsidised – it serves Starbucks coffee at..."
"An interview to get a summer placement, followed by an interview at the end of the..."
"At my interview I was asked which law I could change if I could change one."
"We have awareness-building campaigns on saving energy and reducing printing."
"Seems pretty flexible on maternity leave and child care. No obvious issues surrounding..."
"Trainees are allocated a high level of involvement in large transactions and are,..."
"Every fee earner has a pro bono target each year. As a trainee, this allows for some..."
"The friendly ethos and the high standard of client and work."
"In my experience I have felt a sense of bureaucracy at DLA Piper."
"International aspect with the potential to work overseas in the future. Large firm..."
"Retention rates have not been as high as hoped in previous years due to the lack..."
"The Liverpool office building is often used as a New York location for films."
"Friendly, international and innovative."
"Less focus on hours and more focus on training. Increase the budget for trainees..."