"Amazing international opportunities."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"I think DLA looks for people that everyone would want to work with. Not only do they..."
"Great socialising and opportunities to network within the firm and across offices..."
"DLA arranges training days for trainees at the start of every seat to provide a background..."
"I have been very impressed by the accessibility of the partners and associates in..."
"The facilities are good and lunch can be purchased at a very reasonable price. We..."
"The working hours vary from department to department. Generally working hours span..."
"I think that Scottish salaries are low when compared to our English counterparts,..."
"The firm pays for your rent and gives you a living allowance when on secondment...."
"After the initial application, there were three rounds to the recruitment process...."
"I was asked why I was considering the Manchester office and what kind of work I wanted..."
"We have ISO accreditation."
"DLA Piper was one of the first firms to offer split parental leave, and there is..."
"My exposure to transactions is beyond my initial expectations. I am involved in the..."
"There are plenty of pro bono initiatives going on ranging from research to larger..."
"The friendly ethos and the high standard of client and work."
"The hours and big expectations to stay late."
"I had been a client at the firm and I liked the people who worked there."
"Although I think retention rates will vary a depending on both the circumstances..."
"The 'D', 'L' and 'A' stand for Dibb Lupton and Alsop and we used to have a ridiculously..."
"Energetic, commercial, smart."
"Offer more international secondment opportunities."