"An innovative, exciting and fast paced firm."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"Application form, telephone interview, vacation scheme, interviews and group assessments...."
"In the Leeds office I found that there doesn't seem to be a culture of staying any..."
"Trainees are expected to undertake four seats during their training contract, each..."
"This varies a lot. It is often non-partners who are allocated as supervisors and..."
"All the floors look the same, which prevents people from getting lost. We have a..."
"This depends on the department. Hours in corporate and finance can be long, especially..."
"Regional pay is very good for Manchester. International secondees no longer receive..."
"Perks include taxis home when you are working late, dinners after large completions..."
"After the initial application, there were three rounds to the recruitment process...."
"Why DLA Piper? Why Manchester? What work have you done on the vacation scheme? Situational..."
"Most files are paperless but some people still do too much printing."
"The firm has just established an LGBT group that will help to raise awareness."
"Trainees are given a high level of responsibility from the very start of their training..."
"All trainees are required to participate in the Prince's Trust helpline and the office..."
"The trainee intake is very friendly and diverse."
"I feel that the working hours are long, and although the salary feels low when compared..."
"It's a full-service law firm and very international with a reputation for friendliness...."
"There were limited jobs this year in the Edinburgh office and two trainees will be..."
"DLA stands for Dibb Lupton Alsop."
"Global, collaborative and welcoming."
"Increase regional salary across the board to align more with London salaries."