"An ambitious and friendly firm that invests a lot in both clients..."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"Research the OneUK policy, which is where regional offices do London work. The firm..."
"In the Leeds office I found that there doesn't seem to be a culture of staying any..."
"The training programme is good in general, but I would prefer more integration with..."
"All of my supervisors to date have been approachable and encouraging. Different solicitors..."
"The office in Manchester is stunning, spacious, light and airy with a number of spaces..."
"I tend to work 9:00am-6:00pm. Trainees are expected to work until they are needed..."
"It is one of the highest in the region."
"There's a good pension scheme and lots of sports activities. We also have a lot of..."
"An interview to get a summer placement, followed by an interview at the end of the..."
"I was asked questions about where I saw the firm in five or ten years in terms of..."
"I am not too hot on this (information-wise) but basically everything is re-usable...."
"The firm supports drives to increase women's participation in law (Leadership Alliance..."
"There has been a great level of responsibility and client interaction on a day-to-day..."
"We are often asked to assist with pro bono projects. The Manchester office runs a..."
"The staff, the support given to trainees and the fact that the firm cares about its..."
"The firm is yet to fully embrace flexible working."
"The open-door atmosphere, their strong reputation and the quality of the work I was..."
"DLA goes through its new qualifier retention process much earlier than most City..."
"Our women's team came second in the Morrison's Great Run Business Challenge this..."
"Established but ambitious."
"Address the issue of underpay for international secondees from regional offices...."