"Established but ambitious."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"Know the firm and how it's different from other similar firms. Use recent deals to..."
"The London office is based in two buildings, litigation and regulatory and IPT in..."
"This depends on what department you're in. Some departments are better at pitching..."
"I have been able to build really good working relationships with my supervisors...."
"The Manchester office is split over two buildings that are next to each other. This..."
"50 hours plus – depending on the workload/completing projects. I probably expected..."
"DLA Piper offers a very competitive salary and performs annual reviews to ensure..."
"Daily living allowance on secondment in addition to pay."
"I applied through the vacation scheme method. This involved an initial online application,..."
"More of a chat than a question and answer session. I had a lot of political activism..."
"The firm has signs around encouraging people not to print if they don't have to."
"The firm is keen on pushing all of these kinds of issues to the fore so that they..."
"It has varied from department to department. In finance I got good-quality work...."
"You used to be able to do a seat in pro bono but there are still loads of opportunities...."
"The huge client base allows for a wide variety of work and some extremely interesting..."
"No beds on site means that when you are working round the clock on a deal it makes..."
"The good-quality work with the potential for international experience without having..."
"The firm is pretty good, although it is hard to know if there will be a position..."
"It recently opened an office in Johannesburg."
"Large and friendly."
"Increase regional salary across the board to align more with London salaries."