"Global, high quality and driven."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"There is a summer scheme and an assessment day (half day) or you can have an initial..."
"The trainees are generally close; there are only around 16 of us so it is easy to..."
"The firm runs a week-long induction at the start of the training contract, where..."
"Everyone is generally accessible to ask questions of but supervisors are varied...."
"The office is lovely – light, spacious and modern. We each have a large desk in..."
"This is very dependent on what department you are in and how busy the department..."
"There are no bonuses for trainees, although we receive a pay rise in the second year...."
"Social club – pay £5 a month and you get to go to all firm events free. PHI, discounts,..."
"There was an initial interview and then an assessment day, which included another..."
"I was asked questions about where I saw the firm in five or ten years in terms of..."
"We have policies in relation to green initiatives in place which include multiple..."
"In terms of recruitment the firm is genuinely committed to ethnic diversity and this..."
"On the whole, the work I am assigned is good quality, challenging and interesting,..."
"I worked on a project with the NDCS (appealing wrongful revocation of disability..."
"Opportunities to do multi-jurisdictional work and overseas secondment opportunities...."
"I feel that the working hours are long, and although the salary feels low when compared..."
"I was drawn to the chance to get truly international and high-calibre work while..."
"DLA goes through its new qualifier retention process much earlier than most City..."
"A few of the offices now run yoga classes and language classes."
"A big law firm with expertise in a number of practice areas."
"Offer more international secondment opportunities."