"DLA Piper is international, forward-thinking and pragmatic."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"Read the news and be prepared to talk about something you are passionate about. Even..."
"There's good team camaraderie and the office gets on very well as a whole."
"Trainees are expected to undertake four seats during their training contract, each..."
"Mentoring is one area in which my experience has been excellent at DLA Piper. In..."
"The facilities are good and lunch can be purchased at a very reasonable price. We..."
"My usual hours are 8.50 am to 6.30 pm. I have only rarely had to stay in until around..."
"Trainees don't get bonuses and the salary is competitive in the market."
"We get funding for sports teams. I went on a firm-funded rugby tour to New York within..."
"I applied through the vacation scheme method. This involved an initial online application,..."
"There was lots of situational questions which would ask what you would do in certain..."
"I am not too hot on this (information-wise) but basically everything is re-usable...."
"While women still make up a minority of partners, there is a push to get more into..."
"This very much depends on which department you are in and how busy the department..."
"Many opportunities to contribute. Projects have involved human rights, access to..."
"The huge client base allows for a wide variety of work and some extremely interesting..."
"The pay difference between the regions and London."
"The international clients and opportunities, the chance to do City quality work in..."
"The initial retention rate at the close of my new qualifier process was only two..."
"Our New Perimeter Initiative does not get the attention it deserves."
"A big law firm with expertise in a number of practice areas."
"Ensure supervisors are thorough in completing feedback, it can be frustrating chasing..."