"Impressive, dynamic and powerful."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"I did the vacation scheme route. It involved an online application form, phone interview,..."
"Everyone works hard but that doesn't stop people from being approachable or sociable..."
"DLA arranges training days for trainees at the start of every seat to provide a background..."
"It varies between department and different fee earners. On the whole though, people..."
"Most departments operate a dress code where you don't need to wear a tie unless going..."
"It depends on your seat. In some they can be long ie 9.00 am – 9.00 pm or later..."
"Salary is one of the highest in Scotland."
"Not many firm-wide perks but some departments have excellent office perks such as..."
"After the initial application, there were three rounds to the recruitment process...."
"There were a few competency questions, but I was mainly asked personal questions..."
"We are encouraged to recycle at the firm and the lights automatically turn off at..."
"In terms of diversity, I have seen that there are good initiatives for women at the..."
"The nature of the work depends on the department. Some departments give trainees..."
"I have been given lots of opportunities to be involved in both national and international..."
"I have found that the level of support and training given to trainees is excellent..."
"You can feel like a small cog in a big wheel."
"Everyone I met was really friendly and approachable. I like the opportunities for..."
"They keep everyone they can. In the past few years the handful of people who have..."
"Qualified lawyers can take part in mini-secondments to other offices (including international)..."
"A leading global business law firm."
"I'd like to have more opportunities to collaborate with English offices."