"Friendly and approachable with fantastic work."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"Read the news and be prepared to talk about something you are passionate about. Even..."
"The culture is my favourite part. The vast majority of people are sociable, understanding..."
"I feel thoroughly invested in. There are constant training opportunities and an attitude..."
"Easy to receive informal training – if you make it known you would like training,..."
"The office in Manchester is stunning, spacious, light and airy with a number of spaces..."
"This depends on which department you are in and who you work for. When there is a..."
"DLA Piper trainee salaries tend to be at the higher end of the scale in Scotland,..."
"An employer pension contribution of 6%, private healthcare, a yoga club, discounted..."
"DLA is a leading global law firm – it is very competitive if you apply here, like..."
"I was told to pitch the firm to a client in five minutes. I was asked: why DLA? Why..."
"The firm no longer uses disposable coffee cups and has issued everyone with reusable..."
"There’s no denying that there is a real issue with women in law generally, and..."
"The kind of work you get is very much dependent on your level of ability, the seat..."
"Trainees are encouraged to take part in pro bono projects and there is a dedicated..."
"The high level of work that we receive. A lot of effort is made to make you feel..."
"Hours can be long, regional salary is far behind London even though the work is exactly..."
"DLA's got a unique mix of locality and internationality. It works for clients around..."
"If you are good then the firm will try to make the role you want available."
"The firm is great at drawing on international resources and it is helpful that support..."
"Cutting-edge work but down-to-earth and friendly people."
"Don't put too many trainees in one department. This has happened a few times because..."