"Fun and fast-paced with good quality work."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"There's an application form, assessment day and then an internship. Nearly all candidates..."
"There is an open-door policy operated throughout the firm and all levels of fee earners..."
"The induction week at Crewe is excellent in terms of completing many of the compulsory..."
"Both solicitors and partners are accessible, with solicitors being more accessible..."
"The dress code is standard office wear but you can get away with a bit provided there..."
"The working hours vary from department to department. Generally working hours span..."
"The pay is competitive and has seen increases in the recent past. The bonus scheme..."
"They provide funding for the Scottish diploma in legal practice and also a grant..."
"I applied through the vacation scheme method. This involved an initial online application,..."
"Lots of commercial questions about the news article that I had discussed in my application...."
"There are lots of recycling trays and bins on the office floors. However, there is..."
"Ethnic minorities are vastly underrepresented at the firm and women still make up..."
"Trainees are given a large amount of client contact in all departments, both face-to-face..."
"Pro bono is widely encouraged across the firm with various opportunities made available..."
"The huge client base allows for a wide variety of work and some extremely interesting..."
"Supervision levels can vary and sometimes you may feel you have been given more responsibility..."
"The international opportunities and the fact that it is one of the biggest firms..."
"As long as you're prepared to move to another location (around the UK), there are..."
"DLA stands for Dibb Lupton Alsop."
"Global, collaborative and welcoming."
"Better supervision of trainee time and how it is spent. I think the variety and type..."