"International, commercial, down-to-earth."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"Application form, interviews, presentation, written exercises. Find something specific..."
"Trainees socialise and support each other when pressure is mounting on certain individuals...."
"The standard of training at DLA Piper is excellent. Prior to starting the training..."
"Informal training really depends on the supervisor's style. Some do not get involved..."
"Our offices are decent but definitely a bit old and in need of maintenance. We are..."
"This depends purely on department and what work is on at the time; in other seats..."
"Pay is inline with other firms."
"Best and most unusual – £120 wedding gift."
"I had an interview for the vac scheme and on the scheme then had a number of business..."
"Lots of commercial questions about the news article that I had discussed in my application...."
"Efforts have been made to become more green eg removing personal bins for everyone...."
"Severe lack of female partners."
"In my role I am given opportunities to run my own projects, have met with senior..."
"The pro bono work we do is absolutely fantastic and there are opportunities to get..."
"Internal support network and non-intimidating atmosphere"
"We don't have a canteen."
"Being able to get London-quality work and experience while working in Manchester...."
"The retention rate at the Manchester office was very good, I cannot comment on the..."
"Senior management make humorous Christmas videos every year. The most recent was..."
"Friendly and approachable with fantastic work."
"I would rather have six four-month long seats."