"Approachable, innovative and global."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"I would recommend candidates study for the interview in a way that involves a lot..."
"Trainees socialise together, especially on a Friday night. Trainees support each..."
"The induction week at Crewe is excellent in terms of completing many of the compulsory..."
"Most partners/solicitors are very accessible – you have to pick your moments with..."
"We're in great new offices. The open-plan works really well and we have a large canteen..."
"My current department is flexible with hours and I would not be expected to stay..."
"The salary is brilliant for the location."
"Perks include taxis home when you are working late, dinners after large completions..."
"DLA is a leading global law firm – it is very competitive if you apply here, like..."
"I was asked about the firm and why I chose law but the main focus was on commercial..."
"We recycle paper, with facilities on each floor. We have also curbed air travel significantly..."
"I'm unaware of any diversity issues. There seems to be a good mix of people from..."
"It's a mixture. Most things are a combination of tasks that you would expect as a..."
"There are excellent pro bono opportunities. The firm plays to its strengths and its..."
"We get to do high quality, international work for blue chip clients without a lot..."
"I feel that the working hours are long, and although the salary feels low when compared..."
"The international reach of the firm and the opportunities this brings to work abroad..."
"If you are good then the firm will try to make the role you want available."
"Senior management make humorous Christmas videos every year. The most recent was..."
"Friendly, approachable and commercially astute."
"More informal feedback from senior colleagues."