"Friendly, high-quality work, great training."
- Teams within the firm are friendly and approachable, which gives the firm an excellent culture.
- Having a wide client base means there is a real range of work for trainees to experience.
- High-quality international and client secondments are offered to trainees in all offices.
- The firm has a very active outlook on pro bono and trainees are given minimum targets.
- Some feel there could be more focus on ensuring trainees get the seats they want.
- The large size of the firm can lead to it feeling a little impersonal at times.
- Salaries for regional offices are noticeably lower than London.
- High expectations and early responsibility can make some trainees feel pressured.
What insiders say about...
"Candidates applying to DLA should bear in mind the international, but also national,..."
"The London office is based in two buildings, litigation and regulatory and IPT in..."
"DLA arranges training days for trainees at the start of every seat to provide a background..."
"Attitudes towards mentoring and training vary between departments and are also dependent..."
"DLA Piper is soon to be moving to a brand new office based in Aldersgate, which will..."
"Always exhausted. When it’s very busy, it’s very pressurised."
"I think that Scottish salaries are low when compared to our English counterparts,..."
"There's great healthcare and a recent increase to annual leave means we now receive..."
"There was an initial interview and then an assessment day, which included another..."
"I was told to pitch the firm to a client in five minutes. I was asked: why DLA? Why..."
"The firm switches off lights at 8pm but much more could be done – few people switch..."
"The Women’s Network, recently established to support talented female lawyers to..."
"I had a lot of client interaction during my first seat but I am currently on an international..."
"I am working/leading under the supervision of my supervisor on a fraud litigation..."
"The training and the support network."
"Everyone works very hard, which can mean long hours at times."
"DLA attended an event for career changers called 'not too late for law' when I was..."
"Reasonable, but does not necessarily reflect the number of jobs that are available..."
"The older part of the Edinburgh office used to be a department store."
"The firm is keen to train and educate its trainees both legally and commercially...."
"Potentially change the training structure to four-month seats in order to experience..."