About DS Smith Plc
DS Smith Plc was founded in the 1940’s as a box-making business in East London. Since then, we have expanded to provide full solutions including recycling and paper making, acquired businesses in North America and Europe, and experienced rapid growth.
Today, our business is made up of three core divisions: Packaging, Paper and Recycling.
The bigger we become, the more our customers expect of us and the more we expect or ourselves. We have a relentless desire to improve, innovate, and reach new goals.
We are a FTSE 100 company, with 2018/19 revenues of £6.2bn, employing 31,000 people at 250 sites across 37 countries worldwide.
Our Purpose: Redefining Packaging for a Changing World.
We are different as we see the opportunity for packaging to play a powerful role in a changing world. We help our customers respond to changing shopping habits with the sustainable packaging solutions that our society needs.
- We think differently. We take a flexible approach to the solutions we create and operate where our customers need us. Our people thrive on finding innovative ways to help customers achieve more for less – sell more, reduce costs, manage risk and complexity in their supply chain.
- We innovate together. We tackle big challenges in the whole and not just one part to find answers that would otherwise be out of reach. From design to production and supply to recycling we offer our customers a joined-up solution that is sustainable for all.
- We put sustainability at the heart. We can make, use, collect and recycle cardboard packaging within 14 days. We are ambitious in using innovation to tackle some of the world’s most complex sustainability challenges.
- We develop the right strategies. Our experts work closely with customers to understand their needs. Together we find ways to help take advantage of today’s opportunities to powerfully deliver products.
Our values guide how we make decisions and shape company policies and practices, influencing both individual employee behaviour and organisational culture. The right values have to resonate with our behaviours. They need to reflect what we genuinely believe, and what we actually do. Our aim has therefore been to identify those values which all employees are able to live by and own.
- Be caring. We care about the world and the people around us.
- Be responsive. We’re quick to react to new ideas and opportunities.
- Be tenacious. We get things done effectively and efficiently.
- Be challenging. We constantly look to find a better way forward.
- Be trusted. You can always rely on us to keep our promises.
DS Smith is looking for outstanding and dynamic graduates to join our Packaging and Finance programmes starting in September 2020. Do you have a passion for pursuing a career in our sustainably run, industry defining, packaging company? Do you want to make an impact from the start of your career? Do you have leadership potential? Then DS Smith is the place for you!