At DWF we are proud of our reputation as a supportive and inclusive employer. We aim to be an employer of choice to talent across generations and life stages by providing interventions that advance social inclusion and enable our colleagues to balance their work lives, while providing the development opportunities to enjoy fulfilling and rewarding careers. As a responsible business and force for good in society, we embed our culture and values at the heart of everything we do, recognising that our people not only want a great place to work, but take pride in creating it.
Our Global Diversity & Inclusion Strategy 2020 sets out how we will make diversity & inclusion truly part of the way we do business. The global strategy is driven by a Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Group comprised of 39 senior leaders and supported by a growing network of diversity champions. We have identified six priority strands integral to improving inclusion in our workplace, these are: Gender, LGBT+, Disability, Agile Working, Race & Ethnicity and Age. Our Executive Sponsors for each strand serve as visible advocates to help advance the understanding of diversity & inclusion in DWF and beyond.
DWF has taken a number of tangible steps towards attracting, supporting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce:
- The business has been ranked in the Top 100 of Stonewall's Workplace Equality Index 2019 as well as a Stonewall Global Champion.
- Our partnership with Everywoman, which provides a global network of development resources, advice and inspiration for women at DWF, has enabled us to support the career progression of women into senior roles.
- We're a Top 30 Employer for Working Families and recognised as a business that has integrated agile working into our organisational strategy and culture.
- The first legal business to achieve Clear Assured status and we are a Disability Confident Leader. Our inclusive recruitment practices have helped us identify and remove barriers that have the potential to exclude disabled talent.
- We are a member of The Employers Network for Equality & Inclusion (ENEI) and in 2019, we were one of only nine organisations to achieve Gold Standard in TIDE, the ENEI evaluation and benchmarking tool which measures a business's approach to diversity and inclusion in its workforce, leadership and strategy.
- Proud to use Rare Recruitment’s Contextual Recruitment System which allows us to consider academic achievements in the context in which they were gained.
- We are a Living Wage Employer and a signatory of both the UN Global Compact and the UN's Women Empowerment Principles.
Our affinity networks, open to all, provide colleagues with an opportunity to become meaningfully involved in developing and driving our diversity initiatives and programmes. Our networks include: Out Front (our LGBT+ Network), This is Me (Our Gender Network), Race & Ethnicity, Carers, Working Families, Agile Working, Disability and Age. The Networks host educational and social events internally and with our clients.