"Innovative, creative, and room for everyone's ideas."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"Not only do you need to understand the law, you need to understand business and take..."
"There is a great work/life balance here, and no hierarchy whatsoever - everyone works..."
"There are regular training sessions in each department."
"Senior members of staff are always available and I feel like the supervisors I've..."
"The dress code is dress for your day and dress down on Fridays. I will typically..."
"I believe that the firm's hours are reasonable. Other members of the team have flexible..."
"The pay is average. It is perhaps a bit lower than other firms in the area but maybe..."
"The firm has lots of sports and social events, i.e. bowling, zoo lates. We also have..."
"A series of intensive assessment, including interview and presentation. Questions..."
"I was asked questions focused around commercial awareness and client-based scenarios...."
"Lots of projects are endorsed in this respect and we do a lot of recycling."
"We have diversity week, which allows us to discuss these issues, and the maternity/paternity..."
"I have a lot of responsibility, run my own files, have a lot of client interaction...."
"There are volunteering days and several fundraising events throughout the year."
"There are high levels of responsibility on offer for trainees and wide range of work..."
"The lack of delegation to trainees/recognition of trainee ability, I feel, can be..."
"The culture and the values it promoted, as well as the training and development offered..."
"Last year we had an excellent retention rate. In my office this year there is a 100%..."
"The logo isn't pink, it's rubine red (do not call it pink in the recruitment process!)...."
"Innovative and friendly."
"Not many people at DWF are from your privileged background. The 5 STAR Futures scheme..."
"Generally there is little stress at all, but at times, when thee are major deadlines..."
"I think the system for seat options could be fairer."