"Very much people-oriented."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"For the vacation scheme I completed an online application form, an interview by webcam,..."
"There is a great work/life balance here, and no hierarchy whatsoever - everyone works..."
"Training contracts are comprised of six, four-month seats. At the beginning of every..."
"It depends on the team but I've been lucky in that I've always had really supportive..."
"The offices are in a good central location and are very smart. The dress code is..."
"Teams differ but flexibility is encouraged on the whole."
"Bonuses are non-existent for trainees but pay rises in the second year."
"There's direct access to the Sky Garden and our London office is at the top of the..."
"The recruitment process is a rigorous as they come. For my vacation scheme I completed..."
"In my interview I was asked why law was my chosen career path. What other firms was..."
"We have environment week and are always publishing ways in which we could be greener...."
"DWF has a committee for the promotion of diversity and puts on lots of different..."
"This will vary from team to team but the work is generally of high quality. There..."
"We work extensively with St. Josephs. I have helped host a mock mediation for the..."
"The relaxed culture combined with hands-on litigation work."
"IT changes can sometimes be disruptive and slow to be implemented."
"I was already working for DWF at the time I made my application and, having experienced..."
"The retention rates are pretty good and the firm seems to make it known throughout..."
"The branding idea (the cute little circles) is inspired by CEO Andrew Leaitherland's..."
"Ambitious, innovative, and client-focused."
"Not many people at DWF are from your privileged background. The 5 STAR Futures scheme..."
"It is stressful because the workload is very heavy, but I tend to thrive on it rather..."
"More transparency with seat changes would be an improvement."