"Thinking outside the box."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"My main tip for candidates applying to DWF is to know the firm. Make sure you understand..."
"The culture is good, the social scene is good, the work/life balance is good and..."
"The firm provides the main training elements needed to enter into the office. I feel..."
"Generally very good, again department-specific. Everyone is friendly and approachable...."
"We have state-of-the-art offices and our dress code is smart casual."
"It varies from seat to seat but, generally, I spend about 42 to 48 hours a week working...."
"Unfortunately trainees aren't paid bonuses and other firms pay higher salaries. However,..."
"The firm has enough money to lay on good quality events and to maintain good quality..."
"It's gruelling, but it's a competitive market and I think it's largely the same at..."
"I was asked: why did you decide to pursue a career in law? What makes you stand out..."
"Lots of projects are endorsed in this respect and we do a lot of recycling."
"There are a lot of internal communications regarding diversity and there is a real..."
"Trainees get lots of client contact. Levels of responsibility are adapted to each..."
"I recently completed a full day out of work doing pro bono in a local nursery in..."
"Access to high-quality work with major, well-known, clients."
"The amount of qualification jobs offered in my office could be higher."
"The culture of the firm and its ambition."
"From an objective standpoint, the firm has a retention rate that could definitely..."
"Most people that work here don't know what DWF stands for."
"A modern, innovative and international law firm with high quality people who deliver..."
"I know that the firm encourages progression from within - there are several secretaries/paralegals/legal..."
"There have been a few stressful occasions when there are tight deadlines to meet..."
"More efficient IT systems and support facilities to help fee earners concentrate..."