"DWF: Dynamic, Welcoming and Founded on values."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"Understanding the work DWF do. Knowing who our key clients are and how we operate..."
"The culture is good, the social scene is good, the work/life balance is good and..."
"The training is good. We have lots of training before going into each seat so that..."
"Generally, anyone you work for will provide you with help and mentor you when necessary...."
"DWF offices are open-plan and this sometimes lends itself to slightly more noise...."
"9.00 am – 5.30 pm is standard. I usually work 8.30 am – 6.00 pm and sometimes..."
"The pay is very good and equal to other firms of this size. We don't receive bonuses..."
"There are health benefits including free massages, a cycle-to-work scheme and discounts..."
"My first interview was for a vac scheme (though it would be the same format as a..."
"In my interview I was asked why law was my chosen career path. What other firms was..."
"One of the values is Environment, so the firm is pushing to drive this value. Incentives..."
"The firm recently won several diversity awards, including an individual award for..."
"I have a mixture of high-level matters where I am being supervised heavily and my..."
"The DWF Foundation and 5 STAR Futures initiatives are both excellent. They're really..."
"The social side of the firm is a plus: Friday Fridge, summer and Christmas Parties..."
"Sometimes the firm can feel too big, (but not very often)."
"The vacation scheme was excellent and the firm stood out significantly compared to..."
"DWF seeks to retain as many trainees as possible, provided there is business need..."
"Twice a year, the firm organises a national trainee dinner where all the trainees..."
"Friendly and innovative."
"Set up paralegal academy to allow school leavers access to a career in law through..."
"There have been a few stressful occasions when there are tight deadlines to meet..."
"To have a strong mentor programme in place."