"A nice environment to work in."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"Understanding the work DWF do. Knowing who our key clients are and how we operate..."
"The firm generally doesn't judge you on whether you stay late or come in early, but..."
"Training is very good. You can ask to get more involved with this and ask for personal..."
"Senior members of staff are always available and I feel like the supervisors I've..."
"The London office is on two floors in the Walkie Talkie building. It's modern and..."
"I am able to leave early on some occasions and the work requires me to stay late..."
"Trainees do not receive bonuses. The pay is around the average pay for firms of a..."
"Travel to do personal skills courses and events with trainees from other offices...."
"The recruitment process is a rigorous as they come. For my vacation scheme I completed..."
"Which three people, alive or dead, would I bring along to a fantasy dinner party?..."
"DWF does make efforts to reduce its carbon footprint but seems to value other 'badges..."
"There is a lot going on at the moment regarding diversity awareness, with workshops..."
"I enjoy the work I do as I am happy with my current seat. I assist with all aspects..."
"I'm not aware that we do much pro bono law work, but we have a committed CSR group..."
"Full service offering coupled with unique rotational system; rapidly growing; open-minded..."
"The lack of transparency. This lack of transparency seems to be reflected throughout..."
"I spent two weeks on the vacation scheme placement back in 2014 and could not recommend..."
"They could be better but in comparison to other local firms they are good."
"The comedienne Susan Calman was a trainee at Biggart Baillie (which merged with DWF)..."
"Thinking outside the box."
"We set up the 5 STAR Futures programme where volunteers in every office location..."
"Generally there is little stress at all, but at times, when thee are major deadlines..."
"I believe that trainees should be given notice of seat rotations."