"Grounded, supportive, open."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"Most DWF offices hold open days. Attending the open days is a great way to get inside..."
"Everybody knows everyone at the firm, and I find that all partners are approachable..."
"Law Society specific TCPD (trainee continuing professional development) is carried..."
"It depends on the team but I've been lucky in that I've always had really supportive..."
"The office space in Manchester is open-plan, which creates an aura of openness and..."
"In general, I have found that I will typically work from 9:00am until 6:30pm, Monday..."
"Trainee pay is competitive. Given the benefits of the work/life balance I would imagine..."
"Good food available in client meetings and the bistro (internal restaurant). Good..."
"It's gruelling, but it's a competitive market and I think it's largely the same at..."
"There were questions about me, general commercial questions and firm-specific questions..."
"Staff are encouraged to host telephone conference calls rather than travel out to..."
"Women's group within the firm, which female members of staff are invited to join..."
"Trainees get lots of client contact. Levels of responsibility are adapted to each..."
"Pro bono is a fundamental pillar of the firm. DWF has lots of community engagement..."
"The scope of the work."
"The 'incomplete time-sheet spreadsheet' which is sent around the firm every week..."
"DWF is rapidly growing despite the recession, it has a full service offering, fantastic..."
"I am fairly confident that I will be kept on as a new qualifier. The retention rates..."
"The colour of the logo is known as 'rubine red'."
"Friendly, innovative and ambitious."
"Set up paralegal academy to allow school leavers access to a career in law through..."
"There have been a few stressful occasions when there are tight deadlines to meet..."
"I would improve the sandwiches available in the Bistro in the Manchester office!"