"A nice environment to work in."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"The best advice for an interview is to really understand what DWF does as a business,..."
"There is a good culture, whereby people aren't expected to stay until late consistently...."
"The training programme is very good and the six seat rotation gives trainees a chance..."
"I find everyone here to be very approachable and helpful. Each of my trainee supervisors..."
"The offices I have been to are very nice, particularly the client areas. By comparison..."
"This depends on your seat but my average working hours are probably from around 8.30..."
"One of the top two firms in terms of highest paid trainees in Scotland."
"Complimentary drinks and snacks last Friday of the month."
"Four rounds of assessment but very fair processes throughout. Plenty of opportunity..."
"Asked to describe the sector and practice group approach. Usual commercial questions..."
"There is a group to support this within the firm, and it actively encourages others...."
"Diversity is top of the agenda at DWF."
"The work is generally very good and there are opportunities to get a lot of responsibility..."
"The firm has its own charity called the DWF Foundation and regularly encourages fundraising..."
"The friendly, inclusive and a really laid back atmosphere. The teams are all super..."
"We don't get as much choice as we could when it comes to seat rotations and training...."
"The firm seemed to be on the up and was expanding into new markets, opening offices..."
"From an objective standpoint, the firm has a retention rate that could definitely..."
"Founding member of Diversity in Professional Services Scotland."
"Forward-thinking, ambitious, friendly."
"There are a number of schemes that the firm is involved with on a wide scale across..."
"It is stressful because the workload is very heavy, but I tend to thrive on it rather..."
"I'd prefer to revert to having four-month seats."