"Dynamic, ambitious, friendly, hard-working."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself and make sure that you have really thought about the business side of..."
"The culture remains the same throughout the business whether it is in the office..."
"At the start of each seat, the firm sends us to its headquarters in Manchester where,..."
"The lay-out of the office is open-plan, so there is always somebody to talk to if..."
"Outstanding offices at the top of the Walkie Talkie building."
"Working hours seem good and working from home is available once you are qualified..."
"Trainees do not receive bonuses. The pay is around the average pay for firms of a..."
"Perks on offer include: pensions, salary sacrifice (you get vouchers at a discount),..."
"The interview process for trainees is a fairly lengthy one but I don’t believe..."
"I was asked what I like to do in my spare time, and which commercial business I admire..."
"There is some drive towards this but it's not really on my radar from a work perspective...."
"We have lots of seminars encouraging equality and diversity. There is a good range..."
"I have been given a great variety of work varying in complexity and responsibility...."
"Anyone can get involved in 5 Star Futures, which is an award-winning community education..."
"The people, the technology and innovation. The level of work and responsibility offered..."
"IT systems are not perfect, and in certain departments extra support staff for certain..."
"DWF has a strong presence across the UK without being completely London-centric...."
"They are generally good but some teams and offices are more competitive than others..."
"The firm has its own charity foundation that hands out grants to worthy causes. All..."
"Innovative and friendly."
"We set up the 5 STAR Futures programme where volunteers in every office location..."
"There have been a few stressful occasions when there are tight deadlines to meet..."
"More efficient IT systems and support facilities to help fee earners concentrate..."