"Innovative and friendly."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"Read as much as you can about the firm and its strategy. Also, make sure you have..."
"Everyone in the office is extremely approachable, regardless of their level/seniority...."
"Seat variations offer a great deal of exposure to a range of practice areas. Trainees..."
"Everyone is helpful and on hand to mentor juniors. One criticism is that some trainee..."
"They are nice modern offices and open-plan, which means they are very sociable. We..."
"This will all be seat dependent. Insurance seats may find you leaving at a more reasonable..."
"There's no bonus for trainees and pay is at market level."
"We can get a season ticket loan for train costs."
"DWF are picky - they won't take just anybody!"
"In my interview I was asked why law was my chosen career path. What other firms was..."
"We are encouraged not to print emails and have online files. Unfortunately, a lot..."
"There are lots of diversity committees, but I am not sure how much of a difference..."
"I have a mixture of high-level matters where I am being supervised heavily and my..."
"I haven't worked on any and am unaware of any opportunities."
"The people in the teams that I've worked in are great, really supportive and always..."
"The lack of transparency. This lack of transparency seems to be reflected throughout..."
"The firm stood out as being innovative and forward-thinking and seemed as if it was..."
"Retention rates haven't been great in recent years with a lack of 'popular' seat..."
"We have sponsored an animal at the atrium of Alder Hey in the park called Jiminee...."
"The firm is exciting, ambitious and approachable."
"We set up the 5 STAR Futures programme where volunteers in every office location..."
"Generally there is little stress at all, but at times, when thee are major deadlines..."
"Be more flexible with office moves if trainees would like to have a seat in a department..."