"A nice environment to work in."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"Understand the sector approach and how it is a vital tool for cross-selling our services..."
"There is a good culture at the firm. The working environment is good and there is..."
"There has been regular training in relation to department-specific updates or news..."
"Some excellent individual supervisors and partners with a keen interest in trainee..."
"The offices I have been to are very nice, particularly the client areas. By comparison..."
"It varies from seat to seat but, generally, I spend about 42 to 48 hours a week working...."
"The pay is average. It is perhaps a bit lower than other firms in the area but maybe..."
"There's direct access to the Sky Garden and our London office is at the top of the..."
"The recruitment process is a rigorous as they come. For my vacation scheme I completed..."
"A retailer is looking to take its business online: what are the issues you would..."
"Environmental awareness is one of DWF's values and we have various certificates on..."
"The firm operates various committees focusing on women in the workplace as well as..."
"The level of responsibility varies from seat to seat. There are opportunities to..."
"There's a strong corporate social responsibility presence and trainees are actively..."
"High quality work, mixed with an appropriate level of responsibility, is a plus."
"There can be a lack of communication on occasion."
"I chose DWF because of the quality of the work and the training and development."
"The retention rate in the Liverpool office is very good."
"We started out as a small Liverpool firm."
"An entrepreneurial firm looking to expand, but carefully to ensure sustainable growth...."
"The firm does lots of advertising - at law fairs, social media and uni/college events,..."
"There have been a few stressful occasions when there are tight deadlines to meet..."
"I believe that trainees should be given notice of seat rotations."