"Changes very quickly."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"Research is important. Be aware of what the firm does generally as well as the work..."
"Everybody knows everyone at the firm, and I find that all partners are approachable..."
"I have had a good amount of training so far."
"There are lots of courses available through the DWF academy."
"DWF offices vary depending on location. They are generally of an extremely high standard..."
"As long as I get my work done and put in as much effort as I can, I am not expected..."
"I am in a regional office and DWF pays one of the highest regional salaries, and..."
"Perks include lots of free drinks! Alongside this, trainees can do seats in other..."
"The interview process for trainees is a fairly lengthy one but I don’t believe..."
"Where do you see the legal market in five years' time? What would you do if you were..."
"The firm publishes its results on reducing its carbon footprint through paper shredding,..."
"We have diversity week, which allows us to discuss these issues, and the maternity/paternity..."
"My supervisors are always looking for opportunities for me to interact with clients..."
"I have been involved with mentoring projects with local schools and colleges, packed..."
"Range of opportunities, especially as a trainee. Lots of space to get involved with..."
"Four-month seats can feel quite short, particularly if you like the department. Although,..."
"A level of training, reputation and ambition of the firm, and the firm's culture..."
"Retention rates are high, I find, and most people are kept on as NQs. There are usually..."
"We started out as a small Liverpool firm."
"Changes very quickly."
"Not many people at DWF are from your privileged background. The 5 STAR Futures scheme..."
"There have been a few stressful occasions when there are tight deadlines to meet..."
"I would like the firm to ensure that all trainees have relevant training experience..."