"Ambitious, friendly, forward-thinking."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"An on-screen interview, face-to-face interview, assessment day, practice group partner..."
"Everyone is approachable and there is a great atmosphere in the open-plan office...."
"Before each seat DWF takes its trainees to Manchester to do an induction on the area..."
"From personal experience, supervisors have always been willing to listen and explain..."
"DWF offices are open-plan and this sometimes lends itself to slightly more noise...."
"The work/life balance is appreciated. If you have a reason why you need to leave..."
"The salary is okay but it does vary depending on the location you are in. At the..."
"The firm has lots of sports and social events, i.e. bowling, zoo lates. We also have..."
"The recruitment process is a rigorous as they come. For my vacation scheme I completed..."
"Here I was asked about a time that I worked in a team, how to solve a problem, scenario..."
"Lots of projects are endorsed in this respect and we do a lot of recycling."
"Private education appears to dominate hiring decisions."
"My day-to-day responsibilities are very varied making for an interesting and challenging..."
"I'm not aware that we do much pro bono law work, but we have a committed CSR group..."
"The opportunity to get involved with real legal work such as drafting various documents,..."
"Quite limited seat choices in London office. However, the seat offering is due to..."
"I had a great experience on the vacation scheme and felt it would be a welcoming..."
"From an objective standpoint, the firm has a retention rate that could definitely..."
"We have just opened an office in Dubai!"
"Innovative, supportive and friendly."
"The firm does lots of advertising - at law fairs, social media and uni/college events,..."
"There have been a few stressful occasions when there are tight deadlines to meet..."
"I would like the firm to ensure that all trainees have relevant training experience..."