"Forward-thinking, ambitious, friendly."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"The process was an online application, a video interview and an assessment centre,..."
"Excellent level of socialising, but it does vary between teams!"
"We have a good availability of online courses that are available to study whenever..."
"Partners are very approachable and willing to give productive feedback."
"The offices are new and in fantastic locations. The dress code is not too strict..."
"My working hours have varied considerably as I move between departments. I have put..."
"Pay could be higher and more in line with market expectations."
"There are plenty of opportunities to attend networking events where you are offered..."
"DWF are picky - they won't take just anybody!"
"A retailer is looking to take its business online: what are the issues you would..."
"One of the values is Environment, so the firm is pushing to drive this value. Incentives..."
"The firm has been proactive with encouraging diversity among its staff."
"This will vary from team to team but the work is generally of high quality. There..."
"In terms of pro bono, the firm has participated in Give and Gain Day, each office..."
"The people are all really friendly and great at what they do."
"Not always availability to go into the seats you would like to."
"The culture of the firm and its ambition."
"Broadly speaking, retention rates are good and jobs are available for trainees. However,..."
"In my particular office (and with only 95 people) we have currently raised over £13,000..."
"Forward-thinking and ambitious."
"DWF undertakes mentoring schemes and training sessions in schools to encourage pupils..."
"It is stressful because the workload is very heavy, but I tend to thrive on it rather..."
"More international secondments to assist in broadening the opportunities trainees..."