"Forward-thinking and ambitious."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"Read up on the firm's history, its plans for the future, and the sectors it services...."
"People of varying degrees of seniority are almost universally friendly and approachable...."
"Training is very good. You can ask to get more involved with this and ask for personal..."
"There is no mentoring programme to speak of, though you will often get feedback on..."
"The great view and access to the Sky Garden both make it a very attractive office...."
"Contracted 9:00am-5:30pm although will usually finish between 6-7:00pm. This depends..."
"I think the firm are spot on with pay."
"Good food available in client meetings and the bistro (internal restaurant). Good..."
"A series of intensive assessment, including interview and presentation. Questions..."
"If a client called you saying they wanted to shut down several of their high street..."
"Some departments are now almost, if not completely, paperless, while the aim is to..."
"There's a clear commitment to diversity across the firm."
"I get a variety of work and have done so from the start of my training contract...."
"There is an active corporate social responsibility committee and a commitment at..."
"Our collegiate working environment makes the office a nice place to be."
"I think the retention levels could be better."
"It is a very innovative law firm and up-and-coming in its area. I thought there would..."
"We have been told that our office is expanding so retention will be good in years..."
"Most people that work here don't know what DWF stands for."
"Changes very quickly."
"The firm does lots of advertising - at law fairs, social media and uni/college events,..."
"Generally there is little stress at all, but at times, when thee are major deadlines..."
"Offer a wider range of seat options, including international secondments."