"Grounded, supportive, open."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"Understand the sector approach and how it is a vital tool for cross-selling our services..."
"There are good opportunities to socialise across teams. There is also a very meritocratic..."
"Training at DWF is very good. There is an induction at the start of each seat which..."
"I have received good support from senior solicitors and partners. We work in an open-plan..."
"Outstanding offices at the top of the Walkie Talkie building."
"In general, I have found that I will typically work from 9:00am until 6:30pm, Monday..."
"It's at the top end for Manchester."
"There are benefits that can be applied for, but these are taken from your wage. There..."
"It's gruelling, but it's a competitive market and I think it's largely the same at..."
"A retailer is looking to take its business online: what are the issues you would..."
"DWF does make efforts to reduce its carbon footprint but seems to value other 'badges..."
"I have been impressed with my firm's commitment to diversity."
"Having been a trainee in the construction and corporate teams, I have had opportunities..."
"There's a strong corporate social responsibility presence and trainees are actively..."
"The supportive culture and respect the firm has for work/life balance."
"Rapid growth can be disconcerting at times. Mixed quality of work in training contract..."
"The attitude of interviewers, the nature of the firm's work, the views of existing..."
"The retention rate in the Liverpool office is very good."
"The firm has Friday Fridge the last Friday of every month. Drinks and nibbles are..."
"Ambitious and committed to doing things differently."
"We do a lot of work with schools in the area to raise our profile, as well as helping..."
"Generally there is little stress at all, but at times, when thee are major deadlines..."
"I would like there to be more opportunities to visit other offices and other trainees...."