"Ambitious, innovative, and client-focused."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"Interviews, assessment centres, practice group partner (PGP) informal interviews...."
"It's friendly and engaging, although different offices engage with the events and..."
"At DWF, trainees do six four-month seats, which means you get to experience a broader..."
"I have found most solicitors to be accessible in the two seats I have been in so..."
"Outstanding offices at the top of the Walkie Talkie building."
"While still a first year trainee, in the seats I've worked in most people are of..."
"Trainee pay is competitive. Given the benefits of the work/life balance I would imagine..."
"There are health benefits including free massages, a cycle-to-work scheme and discounts..."
"The recruitment process is a rigorous as they come. For my vacation scheme I completed..."
"I was asked questions about my application form and my background, as well as competency..."
"Firm is very values driven - ISO accredited, 'follow me' printing to avoid wasted..."
"We have Stonewall attend our offices and a diversity week that deals with various..."
"I find that there is good client interaction, and a lot of responsibility suited..."
"The firm primarily focuses its time on community projects rather than legal pro bono..."
"My colleagues have been flexible, down-to-earth and helpful when help is required...."
"Lack of work/opportunities in the smaller offices."
"It stands out from other firms in the market and strives to do things differently...."
"Retention has been dipped for the past few years and it's unclear if this will change...."
"The branding idea (the cute little circles) is inspired by CEO Andrew Leaitherland's..."
"Very much people-oriented."
"We have a programme called 5 STAR Futures, which helps pupils from local schools..."
"Generally there is little stress at all, but at times, when thee are major deadlines..."
"I would like the firm to ensure that all trainees have relevant training experience..."