"Modern, innovative and fast-moving."
- Open-plan offices and approachable people mean that trainees do not feel that they are working in a strict hierarchy.
- There is a lot of training, both formal and informal, that is designed to help individual trainees achieve their best.
- The hours are seen as being less demanding than at similar firms.
- There is a strong benefits programme including drinks provided once a month and a good pension scheme.
- There can be quiet times that are rather dull.
- Retention rates are seen as being low in some offices for a variety of reasons.
- The salary is not poor, but some feel it could be increased to be more competitive.
- Some feel there’s a lack of international secondments on offer.
What insiders say about...
"The best preparation is to be yourself and show that there is a work side and a personality..."
"Everybody knows everyone at the firm, and I find that all partners are approachable..."
"Training is very good. You can ask to get more involved with this and ask for personal..."
"Partners are extremely accessible in my opinion. I have never had that 'thrown under..."
"Locations, facilities, and space are all good. Dress code is 'treat me like an adult'..."
"They're generally very good. A good day would see me working from 9.00 am to 6.00..."
"DWF offers an attractive salary. No bonus scheme whilst training."
"Complimentary drinks and snacks last Friday of the month."
"I would say you are certainly put through your paces during the application process...."
"I was asked questions about competencies, DWF, my motivations, and wider commercial..."
"Staff are encouraged to host telephone conference calls rather than travel out to..."
"There are various committees that support this positive change. I have first-hand..."
"During my first two seats I have received quite a wide variety of work and experience..."
"I have volunteered in a range of activities such as providing school children with..."
"The culture of the Birmingham office is very inclusive. Trainees are valued and given..."
"Lack of work/opportunities in the smaller offices."
"Ambitious. Prospect of joining a firm that's moving forward and the career opportunities..."
"There are great retention rates here. The six seat training contract helps to get..."
"The DWF logo is not in fact 'pink'. It's actually rubine red. Under no circumstances..."
"A sector and client-focused law firm with an increasingly global presence."
"We have a programme called 5 STAR Futures, which helps pupils from local schools..."
"There have been a few stressful occasions when there are tight deadlines to meet..."
"I would say that there could be more relevant training per rotation."