"I gained lots of exposure and enhanced many skills."
- Interns are assigned interesting work on projects that has a real impact on the company.
- The culture is welcoming and interns are included in social events.
- Remuneration is seen as being very good and fair for the work done.
- There is a degree of flexibility in the hours required so interns can maintain a good work/life balance.
- Workloads can vary greatly leading to both very busy and very quiet periods.
- Some interns will work away from the main office, which can feel isolating.
- Some of the training can be repetitive or unnecessary for certain roles.
- While most supervisors are very active and helpful, some can be less available.
What insiders say about...
"I wouldn't stress too much about the interviews as they mostly consist of questions..."
"There are lots of social activities including BBQs and charity fundraisers. We nearly..."
"I have standard working hours but with a flexible approach."
"Free entry to St. Paul's."
"I was asked questions that related to Fidelity's values of excellence, innovation..."
"I've been quite satisfied with the work I've been assigned as it has helped me to..."
"The corporate atmosphere is great, very supportive and I don't feel pressurised...."
"I worked on the commercial side and it's not the most exciting role to have."
"The shuttle bus drivers in Oakhill are lovely and their positivity makes early mornings..."
"An empowering and insightful but unintimidating experience."
"As a computer science grad with a keen interest in financial markets, this was a..."
"The lunch and learn sessions hosted by senior employees were invaluable. We were..."
"While we got an in depth view into the work that our desk does, our work was limited..."
"The remuneration I've received is very competitive."
"I report to a director who, despite being pretty rammed most days, still makes time..."