"An empowering and insightful but unintimidating experience."
- Interns are assigned interesting work on projects that has a real impact on the company.
- The culture is welcoming and interns are included in social events.
- Remuneration is seen as being very good and fair for the work done.
- There is a degree of flexibility in the hours required so interns can maintain a good work/life balance.
- Workloads can vary greatly leading to both very busy and very quiet periods.
- Some interns will work away from the main office, which can feel isolating.
- Some of the training can be repetitive or unnecessary for certain roles.
- While most supervisors are very active and helpful, some can be less available.
What insiders say about...
"As an investment intern, there was the online application and then an online situational..."
"Interns are well integrated within the company, with social events organised by the..."
"I work from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm (4.00 pm on a Friday) with an hour for lunch. The..."
"My manager brings food for everyone quite often and even organises social events..."
"Why do you want to work for a private company? Which role within sales and marketing..."
"The majority of the projects I have run have gathered interest from other areas of..."
"The opportunities available to allow you to develop your skills within areas of technology..."
"My workloads have been inconsistent so there are times when I'm very busy and times..."
"The shuttle bus drivers in Oakhill are lovely and their positivity makes early mornings..."
"I learned more in a few weeks here than in a year at university."
"The role described on the company website and reviews such as this one gave me an..."
"I had basic training in understanding financial services and markets, which was useful..."
"While we got an in depth view into the work that our desk does, our work was limited..."
"The remuneration I've received is very competitive."
"My line manager was always in frequent contact, transparent with feedback and would..."