"I learned more in a few weeks here than in a year at university...."
- Interns are assigned interesting work on projects that has a real impact on the company.
- The culture is welcoming and interns are included in social events.
- Remuneration is seen as being very good and fair for the work done.
- There is a degree of flexibility in the hours required so interns can maintain a good work/life balance.
- Workloads can vary greatly leading to both very busy and very quiet periods.
- Some interns will work away from the main office, which can feel isolating.
- Some of the training can be repetitive or unnecessary for certain roles.
- While most supervisors are very active and helpful, some can be less available.
What insiders say about...
"I wouldn't stress too much about the interviews as they mostly consist of questions..."
"Everyone is interested in your life outside of work and cares very much that a work/life..."
"Fidelity is quite flexible in terms of working hours and it all depends on the work...."
"We have had one social with an open bar and free dinner and we receive free lunches..."
"Questions were mostly based on my strengths and interests and the reason for selecting..."
"I've been quite satisfied with the work I've been assigned as it has helped me to..."
"There's very good training. The first week was dedicated to getting us up to speed..."
"I was under the impression that the role would be in London. However, once I got..."
"The shuttle bus drivers in Oakhill are lovely and their positivity makes early mornings..."
"Rewarding, enjoyable and friendly."
"I was interested in the asset management industry and had heard that Fidelity was..."
"My first week was dedicated to training. This included tuition on the company, the..."
"I'd prefer a smaller amount of time spent in client services in my first rotation...."
"I think we are remunerated extremely well."
"I report to a director who, despite being pretty rammed most days, still makes time..."