"Engaging and challenging."
- Interns are assigned interesting work on projects that has a real impact on the company.
- The culture is welcoming and interns are included in social events.
- Remuneration is seen as being very good and fair for the work done.
- There is a degree of flexibility in the hours required so interns can maintain a good work/life balance.
- Workloads can vary greatly leading to both very busy and very quiet periods.
- Some interns will work away from the main office, which can feel isolating.
- Some of the training can be repetitive or unnecessary for certain roles.
- While most supervisors are very active and helpful, some can be less available.
What insiders say about...
"There's an online form followed by telephone, face-to-face and video interviews...."
"There are lots of social activities including BBQs and charity fundraisers. We nearly..."
"I work from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm (4.00 pm on a Friday) with an hour for lunch. The..."
"Free entry to St. Paul's."
"I was asked general competency questions and high-level things about my past experience,..."
"Day to day I get involved with all the RegTech projects going on within the team...."
"The culture of the organisation is extremely friendly and every person feels very..."
"From a computer science student perspective, it was quite challenging for me to get..."
"Free fruit is offered in the canteen on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday in my office."
"Wouldn't trade it for the world!"
"As a computer science grad with a keen interest in financial markets, this was a..."
"I had basic training in understanding financial services and markets, which was useful..."
"The workload was variable and became a bit ad hoc towards the end. A more structured..."
"This is exceptionally well paid for an internship."
"I report to a director who, despite being pretty rammed most days, still makes time..."