Freeths are committed to giving everyone an opportunity to succeed, regardless of their background, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, religion or belief, age, social background or part-time status. We are proud to be as diverse as our clients.
We believe that our inclusive attitude and eagerness to try new things gives us an edge in the legal field. For example, we pick our trainees and graduates based on their talent rather than the name of their university. From finding innovative ways of working to building trust in our varied clients, diversity underpins our success. Our aim is to attract, develop and retain the brightest lawyers in the UK from many walks of life.
An award-winning and nationally recognised firm
Diversity is not just a box-ticking exercise for us. We are proud to be nationally recognised as an equal opportunities employer, recently winning ‘Firm of the Year’ at the UK Diversity Legal Awards.
Freeths are also:
- A Diversity Champion for Stonewall – a charity campaigning for the equality of LGBT people
- A partner of Change 100 – an internship scheme for talented disabled students and graduates
- Small Employer of the Year’ in the enei (Employers Network for Equality & Inclusion) Awards
- Ranked 19th in the Social Mobility Employer Index 2018
- A member of Tommy’s [Let’s Talk Baby] Pregnancy Accreditation Programme
- A proud registered member of Time to Change Employer Pledge to end mental health discrimination in the work place
- A member of Working Families, Employer Member
Our Diversity & Equal Opportunities Policy in action
Our Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy is at the heart of our recruitment, employment, promotion and training. Individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their abilities and merits. We are active in rewarding enthusiastic, motivated people with a healthy work-life balance and great benefits.
We do more than just comply with the law. In addition to fair employment, our policy of non-discrimination extends to dealing with customers, providing our services, and appointing counsel and other experts.
You can expect to be treated with the respect, courtesy and consideration that we show to each other.