About Gateley Legal
Gateley stands apart from the crowd because of what we do and who we are. The first commercial law firm to float on the London Stock Exchange, our strategy is to differentiate what we do by diversifying the professional services that we offer our clients and to incentivise our people. It is this strategy that has seen our turnover nearly double since we listed and our team grow to around 1000 people. We are a business that has a great story to tell and an even more exciting one planned.
We work together to deliver 100% client satisfaction by making the complex simple. We achieve this through our core values of being forward thinking and straight talking.
Forward thinking: Since arriving as the new kids on the block all those years ago, we’ve earned our stripes in the legal industry, building a leading name and a revered reputation. It’s why we went Plc. It’s why we’re pushing the limits of what a legal and professional business can offer. Forward thinking within our business helps our clients move forward in theirs.
Straight talking: Business is complicated. The last thing we want to do is add more complexity. Which is why we make sure our advice is always clear, straightforward, and easy to put into practice. Our diverse team is made up of experts in all areas of law and business. But it’s about more than just their expertise. It’s about being straight talking. We deliver all this advice in simple, clear, everyday language, so you spend less time decoding legal jargon and more time focusing on what's important to you.
We are looking for graduates who want a career in the law and are inspired by the different approach that Gateley is taking as a legal and professional services group. It is important that we are the right fit for each other so we select our trainee solicitors through Summer Vacation Placements which take place in June and July each year.
As a trainee you will:
- Experience four six-month seat rotations across a variety of legal practice areas.
- Gain opportunities to work directly with clients allowing you to build your practical legal knowledge, communication, client-care skills and an understanding of the markets within which our clients operate.
- Be supervised and mentored by highly experienced solicitors.
- Receive a personalised training schedule to give you the skills and experiences you need for life as a qualified solicitor.
- Study Professional Skills Courses to become an excellent well-rounded solicitor.
- Be part of the Gateley Social Committee so that you can get to know your colleagues in your office.
- Be invited to be part of your local Law Society trainee solicitor group so that you can get to know your peers at other legal practices.
- Attend university law fairs to inspire our future trainees!