"Elite, excellent and exciting."
- The entrepreneurial culture gives trainees the means and responsibility to build relationships with clients early on.
- There’s an open-door policy and many partners are very active regarding informal training and mentoring.
- The work offered to trainees is wide ranging and of a high quality.
- Trainees have found remuneration to be very satisfactory and competitive with other firms.
- The unpredictable workload can make it difficult to manage your work/life balance.
- Trainees felt that there was very little attention paid to recycling and other environmental concerns.
- The firm has only recently started taking on trainees so is still developing its training contract.
- Some trainees feel that the training contract could be better organised.
What insiders say about...
"Candidates should research the firm and what differentiates it from other US firms...."
"The firm has a very entrepreneurial culture. It operates a free market system where..."
"We receive departmental trainee-specific training, as well as departmental training..."
"There is a 'formal' mentoring programme with partners, which is incredibly useful...."
"It's a listed building – my office has a fireplace!"
"There is no culture of face-time at the firm. Colleagues are generally helpful and..."
"Pay is great, as are the healthy bonuses."
"A $1,000 marketing budget that allows us to start building up potential client contacts..."
"The usual questions regarding my background but also questions regarding my knowledge..."
"This is an area to be improved upon."
"Not only are there diversity committees, but the partners actively encourage new..."
"I have had a lot of client interaction from an early stage in my career. I attended..."
"I have attended a legal advice centre and have worked on various other pro bono projects...."
"The culture really stands out, as do the people."
"The office size and layout is not always conducive to socialising with colleagues...."
"The reputation, practice areas and salary."
"The retention rates have been high so far. This is helped by the fact that it's a..."
"Lord Charles Falconer is a partner here."
"Driven, ambitious and truly global."
"I'd like it if the firm offered more secondment opportunities."