"Driven, ambitious and truly global."
- The entrepreneurial culture gives trainees the means and responsibility to build relationships with clients early on.
- There’s an open-door policy and many partners are very active regarding informal training and mentoring.
- The work offered to trainees is wide ranging and of a high quality.
- Trainees have found remuneration to be very satisfactory and competitive with other firms.
- The unpredictable workload can make it difficult to manage your work/life balance.
- Trainees felt that there was very little attention paid to recycling and other environmental concerns.
- The firm has only recently started taking on trainees so is still developing its training contract.
- Some trainees feel that the training contract could be better organised.
What insiders say about...
"Know your stuff and be yourself. Don't sell yourself as having more knowledge than..."
"There is a strong culture of teamwork and a desire to assist colleagues with completing..."
"The firm organises training regularly and guests can be invited. Training aims to..."
"All associates are very approachable, as are most of the partners, and there are..."
"The offices are modern but maintain a bit of the old-school charm. Dress code is..."
"There is no expectation that you put in face-time for the sake of it, or stay in..."
"Pay seems to be very good when compared to the general market for trainee salaries...."
"The New Lawyers Academy for new joiners involves a trip to the USA to hear about..."
"I was asked about my career experience to date as well as volunteer projects I'd..."
"Could be better, not a great effort on recycling (paper or food)."
"Not only are there diversity committees, but the partners actively encourage new..."
"I largely have a great time at work. You receive quality work and your output is..."
"The firm is very committed to pro bono, which counts as billable time. I worked on..."
"A great working environment. We get to work on market leading deals and receive top..."
"The fact that we are the first set of trainees means that the firm is still working..."
"I liked its strong reputation in litigation and international arbitration as well..."
"The retention rates have been high so far. This is helped by the fact that it's a..."
"The first two partners in the firm weren't Gibson and Dunn but Bicknell and Trask...."
"Excellent quality of work and a good level of responsibility for juniors."
"I'd like it if the firm offered more secondment opportunities."