"A growing medium-sized company keeping people at its core."
- There are many opportunities for progression and personal development.
- Graduates are given a high level of responsibility early on.
- A lot of training is offered through several channels and on various subjects.
- Managers are seen as being approachable and helpful.
- While the salary is seen as good, some feel it could be improved.
- The hours can be long, depending on your role.
- There are some who would like earlier notice regarding site moves.
- Graduates work in shifts, which may not suit everyone.
What insiders say about...
"The employment process at Gist is extremely comprehensive and structured. It involves..."
"There are different departments within Gist. I work within the head office so have..."
"Some of the depots are a little aged but well maintained."
"The employer at my current site is pretty flexible with hours. However, previous..."
"The rate of pay when you are first starting is good and you get a salary increase..."
"The pension is set at the government's minimum recommended contribution level but..."
"Why Gist? Tell me about a time when you persuaded someone do something that they..."
"I believe the company does a fair amount to try and reduce the effect of its CO2..."
"My day-to-day managers are great and invest heavily in me. You're also allocated..."
"The company takes diversity very seriously and provides training on this to all staff...."
"Drive, dedication and passion will lead to progression within the organisation. It..."
"Overall I am satisfied with the quality of the work assigned. There's a mixture of..."
"People are always first at Gist. The company recognises that its successes are built..."
"There's a top-heavy management structure. You can get lost in the size of the company..."
"Gist impacts the entire supply chain from flowers being picked in Columbia through..."
"Exciting, challenging and full of opportunities."
"The number of opportunities and fact that there were several work locations."
"I went on a communicating for results course that was brilliant and actually taught..."
"Have a more modern outlook on certain methods of working and processes. Embrace change...."