"A growing medium-sized company keeping people at its core."
- There are many opportunities for progression and personal development.
- Graduates are given a high level of responsibility early on.
- A lot of training is offered through several channels and on various subjects.
- Managers are seen as being approachable and helpful.
- While the salary is seen as good, some feel it could be improved.
- The hours can be long, depending on your role.
- There are some who would like earlier notice regarding site moves.
- Graduates work in shifts, which may not suit everyone.
What insiders say about...
"There's a thorough and long interview process. Read up on the company, know some..."
"There is a very friendly and welcoming culture within Gist so you will always be..."
"The offices are varied. Our head office is lovely but some of the older depots need..."
"Gist is flexible with hours to help you meet special occasions but there may periods..."
"I believe that the starting salary for the scheme is sufficient but this doesn't..."
"The pension is set at the government's minimum recommended contribution level but..."
"I had a combination of general questions and competency-based questions that focused..."
"The company tries its best but logistics is a difficult industry for this."
"Communication is good at the site level."
"I think there is a lot of diversity, respect and help offered."
"There's a clear pathway and numerous examples of how people progress at different..."
"My day-to-day role consists of making transport plans, talking to drivers, managing..."
"The best thing about working for Gist is the amount of responsibility you get within..."
"The benefits are pretty minimal. The pension scheme is capped at 1% whether you've..."
"GIST is at the core of loGISTics."
"Interesting and fast-paced."
"Their profile on TARGETjobs."
"The majority of training is on the job and there are also a few management courses...."
"More advanced notice of site moves."