"Fast-paced, trusting and graduate-focused."
- There are many opportunities for progression and personal development.
- Graduates are given a high level of responsibility early on.
- A lot of training is offered through several channels and on various subjects.
- Managers are seen as being approachable and helpful.
- While the salary is seen as good, some feel it could be improved.
- The hours can be long, depending on your role.
- There are some who would like earlier notice regarding site moves.
- Graduates work in shifts, which may not suit everyone.
What insiders say about...
"The first stage is a telephone interview, the second is held at a depot and the third..."
"We have lots of fun outside of work with a number of my colleagues having become..."
"Some of the depots are a little aged but well maintained."
"The employer is flexible but expects you to be flexible in return. You work until..."
"I believe that the starting salary for the scheme is sufficient but this doesn't..."
"We get discounts and vouchers for some high-street retailers."
"I wasn't asked any logistics-specific questions as Gist does not expect you to have..."
"This is something that Gist could focus on more."
"This is possibly one of the best traits of the company as many managers have an open-door..."
"We're very diverse but this seems to happen naturally rather than through deliberate..."
"There's a clear pathway and numerous examples of how people progress at different..."
"I have had the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as I can handle, leading..."
"It's very people-based, which is reflected through the fact that more than half of..."
"There's a top-heavy management structure. You can get lost in the size of the company..."
"The name Gist comes from it being the core of loGISTics."
"Interesting and fast-paced."
"I had a discussion with one of the HR advisors on a uni employment day. They told..."
"I've been on lots of training courses and done my certificate of professional competence..."
"Have a more modern outlook on certain methods of working and processes. Embrace change...."