GLL is the UK's largest operator of public leisure, sport, health, cultural and community facilities and one of the nation's most successful social enterprises. We operate over 400 diverse leisure centres and numerous libraries, Children’s Centres, spas, events spaces and world-class sporting venues such as the Copper Box Arena and London Aquatics Centre on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - all under our Better brand. Our success is proven by year-on-year growth since our inception in 1993, and as a charitable not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest back into our community services and spaces as well as our people, giving real career development and progression opportunities.
Our award-winning two-year Trainee Manager Scheme will give you all the tools, knowledge and support to build your long-term career in leisure with GLL. This structured programme will give you a range of knowledge from front line placements in leisure as well as supervisory and business support experience to give you a complete view of how leisure management works and the business behind it. All the time, you'll be working towards gaining accredited qualifications in management and statutory leisure subjects.
- Salary increase in Year 2 of the scheme and up to Assistant Manager salary in year 3
- Assistance with relocation if needed
- Pension scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Travel allowance
- Discounted staff fitness membership
- Discounts on days out and other social activities
- Continuous training and career development (qualifications and professional studies)
- Mentoring throughout the duration of the scheme
- The opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we’re run plus associated social events.