"Many international opportunities for those who seek them out...."
- Graduates felt that the hours were very reasonable for banking and offered a lot of flexibility.
- The culture within the office is collaborative and social.
- HSBC's global reach means that there are opportunities for international work.
- Managers support graduate development and lots of high-quality training courses are on offer.
- The large size of the organisation can lead to a certain amount of inevitable bureaucracy.
- The team management the graduate scheme was believed by some to be under-staffed.
- Some felt the bank’s technology and systems were outdated.
- Communication on the graduate scheme could potentially be improved.
What insiders say about...
"At this stage, academic intelligence is a given. To stand out individuals must shine..."
"I would describe the culture here as hard working but with a very flat and open structure...."
"Canary Wharf in London is fab with lots of cafes, restaurants, a gym, BUPA – we..."
"It varies by team but I am quite happy with my hours and I have a brilliant work/life..."
"My pay is massively above that of my contemporaries."
"Generous pension scheme."
"I came through an internship and then a graduate programme with various interviews..."
"Mostly questions were centred on why I want to work for HSBC, why I want to work..."
"Initiatives include paper use reduction, electricity management."
"My experience of managers so far has been very positive, putting in a lot of time..."
"HSBC is among leading companies in promoting diversity. Equal and fair treatment..."
"I think that, as long as you get front-line experience, the prospects of moving up..."
"HSBC has a leading graduate-run initiative, organising large scale events for employees..."
"My work is variable and challenging. Day-to-day responsibilities are flexible and..."
"Friendly and helpful team, great culture, working with international colleagues."
"As with many huge companies it can be difficult to navigate and understand your place..."
"We are all getting an extra days holiday next year to celebrate our 150th anniversary...."
"Flexible and fast paced."
"I was drawn to HSBC's global footprint and the opportunities that the company can..."
"There's lots of training on offer – take your pick! Some are for banking/finance,..."
"HSBC give new interns and graduates a good salary, so that applicants can comfortably..."
"Provide greater support and more clarity about the breadth of roles available to..."