"A very honest and enjoyable place to work that's full of good..."
- Graduates felt that the hours were very reasonable for banking and offered a lot of flexibility.
- The culture within the office is collaborative and social.
- HSBC's global reach means that there are opportunities for international work.
- Managers support graduate development and lots of high-quality training courses are on offer.
- The large size of the organisation can lead to a certain amount of inevitable bureaucracy.
- The team management the graduate scheme was believed by some to be under-staffed.
- Some felt the bank’s technology and systems were outdated.
- Communication on the graduate scheme could potentially be improved.
What insiders say about...
"Preparation is crucial. Furthermore, tailor your answers to make them relevant to..."
"It is a fairly relaxed culture, there is no 'face-time' concept, and depending on..."
"We just moved into a brand new office in Liverpool with brand new facilities."
"You're able to work from home at times. Working hours are in line with many in the..."
"In comparison to other graduate schemes, the pay and bonus structure could be higher..."
"You can tailor your benefits package to your needs. This includes anything from choosing..."
"I came through an internship and then a graduate programme with various interviews..."
"Questions I was asked included: why HSBC? Why Operations? What is going on in the..."
"Staff are not often informed about what efforts are in place or how employees can..."
"We have an open design office and HSBC values 'connection,' which together means..."
"HSBC has groups established for Women in Banking, Ethnic Minorities and LGBT."
"The company, as a precedent, does not over hire during good times and then cut back..."
"HSBC runs a number of projects, which employees are actively encouraged to get involved..."
"I am currently on my third of four rotations, so day-to-day responsibilities has..."
"HSBC offers an excellent graduate training programme with the ability to rotate across..."
"The IT system is often a headache."
"We give massive amounts to charity."
"Global, ambitious, connected, solid, dependable!"
"The stability and the good reputation."
"There's one week of training every month for six months and then further ongoing..."
"Opportunities are open to all applicants with appropriate ability and experience,..."
"The capital financing and banking programmes could be more integrated."