"Extremely fun and hugely beneficial to professional development...."
- The system of two rotations allows interns to get exposure to many areas of the business.
- The hours were seen as reasonable for a banking internship.
- A welcoming and inclusive atmosphere helped interns to settle in to their role easily.
- The global reach of the bank means there are many opportunities and interesting work.
- The placement of interns may mean there are not many in the same location.
- Technology and IT systems were seen by some as outdated and slow.
- While managers were willing to help when they could, some interns found that they were often too busy to do so.
- Remuneration was felt to be less than competitors, though still generous for an internship.
What insiders say about...
"Be confident in your own ability and think before answering questions. It is not..."
"Everyone was very welcoming and I was invited on team social events out of hours...."
"My work hours were the standard 9.00 am – 5.00 pm with a lunch break."
"I got some free goodies from a client while at a meeting during my commercial banking..."
"I was asked various questions. One of them was to identify a recent trend in the..."
"I was assigned very demanding work that was held to a high standard. However, the..."
"Working for a globally recognised company will really benefit your CV."
"It takes a while to get settled in as you have to wait for access to technology and..."
"Insightful and useful. A great way to meet people."
"The way they expose you to two streams is almost unique."
"There was an induction and multiple e-learning modules. I gained quite a lot of product-specific..."
"IT equipment should be set up prior to the start of the internship."
"Very generous and expenses covered most things."
"Your line manager may not work with you directly but people are always willing to..."