Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
IChemE is the global qualifying body and learned society for chemical, biochemical and process engineers. We’re the only organisation permitted to award the widely recognised Chartered Chemical Engineer title and Professional Process Safety Engineer registration.
IChemE sets the standard for chemical engineering through a range of membership grades and registrations for those seeking to improve their professional status, enhance their knowledge and network with peers
Our qualified membership grades demonstrate a professional competence and commitment to employers, policy makers, regulators and society. Here are just a few advantages of IChemE membership:
- professional recognition via widely recognised registrations including EngTech, IEng and CEng
- access to a supportive network of contacts via our regional member groups
- technical events and webinars organised by our 20 special interest groups
- latest news and in-depth technical articles in The Chemical Engineer magazine and at www.thechemicalengineer.com
- free access to the Knovel e-library containing over 300 chemical engineering titles, databases and problem-solving tools
- member discounts on books, journals, training and events.
How to apply
Whatever your training, experience or interaction with chemical engineering, we have a membership grade that’s right for you. Visit our membership pages and apply online.