About Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
IChemE exists to advance chemical engineering's contribution worldwide for the benefit of society. We support the development of chemical, biochemical and process engineering professionals and provide connections to a powerful network of over 33,000 members.
We're the only organisation permitted to award the widely recognised Chartered Chemical Engineer title and Professional Process Safety Engineer registration. We set the standard for chemical engineering through a range of membership grades and registrations for those seeking to improve their professional status, enhance their knowledge and network with peers.
IChemE membership shows prospective employers that you're committed to the profession and preparing yourself for what lies ahead. As a Student Member you'll enjoy many resources that will help with your studies and prepare you for future employment, including:
- The Chemical Engineer digital magazine and www.thechemicalengineer.com
- the Knovel e-library containing over 300 chemical engineering titles, databases and problem-solving tools
- free online access to IChemE journals, the Loss Prevention Bulletin (LPB), and Knowledge Hub
- a supportive network of contacts via regional member groups
- technical events and webinars organised by our special interest groups
- student resources including our Student Pocketbook and Job-Hunters' Survival Kit
How to apply
Whatever your training, experience or interaction with chemical engineering, we have a membership grade that's right for you.