About Institution of Mechanical Engineers
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers is a leading professional engineering body, with 120,000 members worldwide who are working at the heart of the most important and dynamic industries in the world.
We work with our members to improve the world through engineering, by developing engineers; promoting engineering; informing opinion; and encouraging innovation.
Become an Associate Member with the Institution and take control of your career.
As society, industry and employers adapt to new ways of working, we are committed to supporting our graduate engineers. We will give you the skills, support, tools and connections you need to realise your full career potential.
Whether you have already started your career or are job hunting - join us as an Associate Member and get career ready. It is the membership grade designed specifically for graduate engineers.
As an Associate Member you, can:
- Get recognition with the post-nominal AMIMechE
- Work towards professional registration as a Chartered (CEng) or Incorporated (IEng) Engineer
- Develop essential work-ready skills
- Stay informed with the Professional Engineering app or magazine
- Get help with essentials through our Support Network's Newly Qualified fund
Get in touch to learn more about the benefits of our Associate membership. Or register for our free webinars to find out more and ask questions on professional registration.