"Modern, vibrant, sympathetic, well-regarded."
- Trainees are offered challenging and high-quality work from the time they start working.
- People of all levels are approachable and meet for regular social events.
- Many feel that the informal training at the firm is of excellent quality.
- There is a lot of diversity support for LGBT, minorities and women.
- There can be limited choice and transparency regarding seat moves.
- Some would like more integration between departments.
- The salary is seen as being low when compared to similar firms.
- Some trainees consider the IT systems to be of lower quality than at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Ensure that you are familiar with the values and objectives of the firm. Obtain information..."
"I'm given regular and constant trust to manage my own workload and liaise with clients..."
"The firm regularly has department-specific training that trainees are encouraged..."
"There are very good mentors that care about your progression and development. There..."
"The facilities are excellent, the location is central and the space is very good..."
"Very good work/life balance. The firm is very flexible."
"Pay is competitive both in London and regionally."
"Free and/or discounted legal services for time spent at the firm."
"Initially there was an online application, this involved answering several questions..."
"I was asked competency questions, questions about the firm and questions about my..."
"There is a real drive to reduce our carbon footprint. We ensure that printing is..."
"IM is involved with all aspects of diversity. We have groups called IM Powered (focusing..."
"I am given a lot of responsibility and now manage my own cases with supervision where..."
"I have worked on several pro bono projects, for instance I helped out at a legal..."
"It has high-profile and good-quality cases. There's lots of responsibility and opportunity..."
"There can be a lack of integration between some teams and different sectors of the..."
"I wanted to work in personal injury and Irwin Mitchell are a leading law firm in..."
"They are keen to ensure that training contracts are not given when jobs are not available...."
"PLS trainees are better than BLS trainees!"
"Friendly and approachable."
"We take part in the PRIME scheme so that children from less privileged backgrounds..."
"A better support network if there are issues or problems."