"A large, national firm with a personable approach to clients...."
- Trainees are offered challenging and high-quality work from the time they start working.
- People of all levels are approachable and meet for regular social events.
- Many feel that the informal training at the firm is of excellent quality.
- There is a lot of diversity support for LGBT, minorities and women.
- There can be limited choice and transparency regarding seat moves.
- Some would like more integration between departments.
- The salary is seen as being low when compared to similar firms.
- Some trainees consider the IT systems to be of lower quality than at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"My first recommendation would be to understand that the firm you are applying to..."
"Everyone is really friendly. The social life outside of work could be better but..."
"This varies depending on who your supervisor is and the team you're in. You are generally..."
"Partners are very friendly, approachable and care about your progress. They will..."
"We have a modern and very central office with a smart dress code."
"If there is work to be done, then you should stay and do it. However on the flip..."
"The new qualifier salary is good and competitive. Beyond that it is lacking transparency..."
"Irwin Mitchell has a recognition scheme for employees who have worked particularly..."
"There is an online application process followed by a telephone interview. Following..."
"I was asked to give example of times I'd shown leadership and teamwork."
"I believe Irwin Mitchell recently won an award for this."
"The firm offers a range of groups and initiatives to actively promote diversity across..."
"I am given significant responsibility and independence with complex cases. At times,..."
"We can help out at the local legal advice clinic."
"The vast majority of your colleagues are helpful and approachable. It makes for a..."
"There is an expectation to work late regularly in some departments."
"A friend of mine at university had a major medical negligence claim that was being..."
"Retention rates are pretty good and they try and fit you in to the best department..."
"We acted for a stunt double from Harry Potter."
"An inclusive and welcoming law firm with a positive work environment."
"We take part in the PRIME scheme so that children from less privileged backgrounds..."
"There could be more structured events organised for trainees."