"Fun, hard-working and passionate about what it does."
- Trainees are offered challenging and high-quality work from the time they start working.
- People of all levels are approachable and meet for regular social events.
- Many feel that the informal training at the firm is of excellent quality.
- There is a lot of diversity support for LGBT, minorities and women.
- There can be limited choice and transparency regarding seat moves.
- Some would like more integration between departments.
- The salary is seen as being low when compared to similar firms.
- Some trainees consider the IT systems to be of lower quality than at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Candidates need to be well prepared, professional, positive and honest. Irwin Mitchell..."
"The atmosphere in the office is both friendly and vibrant. Every employee is approachable..."
"It's a very good training contract with great exposure to all sorts of work and legal..."
"While some solicitors and partners make good mentors, others do not, but overall..."
"We are nearly at capacity in terms of space but the location is great. The facilities..."
"I tend to work long hours but it's because I enjoy the work and want to get as much..."
"While the salary could be increased to be more competitive in the variety of fields..."
"There are drinks events every so often that are (sometimes) paid for."
"The application process consisted of an application form, a telephone interview,..."
"I was asked to give example of times I'd shown leadership and teamwork."
"Since the merger with Thomas Eggar, Irwin Mitchell has visibly shown a determination..."
"We do a lot of work with local colleges to encourage social mobility. The firm has..."
"My work is satisfying as it enables me to interact with clients on a daily basis,..."
"Pro bono plays a huge part in the firm. We have been involved with projects such..."
"The firm promotes a positive work environment among all levels of staff, from trainees..."
"The teams are very small. It's very easy for one person to change your whole experience..."
"The reputation and the structure. I work in Personal Legal Services, which is the..."
"The retention rates are consistent within the firm and I have experienced transparency..."
"We have a growing capability in social influencer agreements."
"Passionate about the services it offers and the work it provides."
"The firm are quite clear that they will not reject your application based on academics..."
"Salary. The firm needs to take a look at the cost of staff turnover as opposed to..."