"Modern, vibrant, sympathetic, well-regarded."
- Trainees are offered challenging and high-quality work from the time they start working.
- People of all levels are approachable and meet for regular social events.
- Many feel that the informal training at the firm is of excellent quality.
- There is a lot of diversity support for LGBT, minorities and women.
- There can be limited choice and transparency regarding seat moves.
- Some would like more integration between departments.
- The salary is seen as being low when compared to similar firms.
- Some trainees consider the IT systems to be of lower quality than at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Application, video interview, assessment day. There are two interviews at the assessment..."
"There are a number of social events each year, and charity events that IM employees..."
"The training is excellent. I have developed all sorts of skills some of which include..."
"The strength of the training at IM is the informal side. Everyone, without exception,..."
"The office is open plan and spacious. The dress code is professional, of course,..."
"Generally good hours, though this varies based on the team that you are in. In litigation..."
"The pay is fairly standard for trainees. Trainees are not, however, part of the bonus..."
"There are a range of perks for working at Irwin Mitchell. We receive normal employee..."
"The application process consisted of an application form, a telephone interview,..."
"At my interview I was asked to highlight examples of where I had previously worked..."
"IM is committed to reducing their carbon footprint year in, year out and have adopted..."
"The firm has won awards for its diversity policies. I heard that female solicitors..."
"A lot of high-quality work, client contact and responsibility. You feel that you..."
"I have not personally worked on pro bono projects but I know that there are some..."
"The variety and responsibility of work given to trainees is, in my experience, beneficial..."
"Due to the smaller size of the firm, the workload can come in peaks and troughs...."
"The firm is forward-thinking and has integrity. The focus on personal legal services..."
"The retention rates are consistent within the firm and I have experienced transparency..."
"You can apply for either a business stream or personal services stream, which is..."
"A progressive, united, fresh and tenacious firm."
"The firm are quite clear that they will not reject your application based on academics..."
"Better seat rotation and transition."