"Innovative, demanding, unusual, compassionate."
- Trainees are offered challenging and high-quality work from the time they start working.
- People of all levels are approachable and meet for regular social events.
- Many feel that the informal training at the firm is of excellent quality.
- There is a lot of diversity support for LGBT, minorities and women.
- There can be limited choice and transparency regarding seat moves.
- Some would like more integration between departments.
- The salary is seen as being low when compared to similar firms.
- Some trainees consider the IT systems to be of lower quality than at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Don't get flustered in the assessment centres. They are meant to challenge you and..."
"The firm has a very good structure. We are encouraged to work hard and to the best..."
"The training is excellent. I have developed all sorts of skills some of which include..."
"As trainees, we also organise our own soft skills training and approach different..."
"We are nearly at capacity in terms of space but the location is great. The facilities..."
"Working hours here are flexible, and there is no 'face-time' culture, so you are..."
"There are no bonuses for trainees. The pay for a regional firm is on the higher end..."
"Perks include free theatre tickets that are raffled out regularly."
"The interview process and assessments were tough. I had to complete a detailed application..."
"Questions consisted of topics such as: why I wanted to work for Irwin Mitchell in..."
"We have recycling bins and print double-sided, but we use minimal paper throughout..."
"There is a group focused on diversity and they hold and attend regular events."
"I am given plenty of work to do but am not swamped. I also have constant client interaction..."
"There is a strong focus on pro bono clinics, and other initiatives, at Irwin Mitchell...."
"Everyone is very friendly and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities here...."
"As with most law firms, having a good work/life balance can sometimes be difficult...."
"The type of work, the culture, the location."
"I am hopeful as retention rates are very good."
"The London office has a Friday night pub club where colleagues are encouraged to..."
"Fun, hard-working and passionate about what it does."
"We work with the Prince's Trust to encourage applicants from less privileged backgrounds..."
"More ability to move between seats if the work is not there for you."