"Irwin Mitchell is an innovative and friendly firm."
- Trainees are offered challenging and high-quality work from the time they start working.
- People of all levels are approachable and meet for regular social events.
- Many feel that the informal training at the firm is of excellent quality.
- There is a lot of diversity support for LGBT, minorities and women.
- There can be limited choice and transparency regarding seat moves.
- Some would like more integration between departments.
- The salary is seen as being low when compared to similar firms.
- Some trainees consider the IT systems to be of lower quality than at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Know whether you want to do personal legal services or business legal services. Our..."
"There's a culture of hard work but also an appreciation that it is important to have..."
"Internal training is common and provides an excellent opportunity to expand your..."
"Supervision is excellent."
"IM has offices nationally and the standard varies between each location. However,..."
"I work 8:30am-5:30pm generally, although on the odd occasion I have worked until..."
"Generally competitive, but not enough regional adjustments."
"There are recruitment incentives for recommending friends and various bonuses for..."
"The application process consisted of an application form, a telephone interview,..."
"How did you overcome a challenging situation? What are your greatest achievements?..."
"There is a real drive to reduce our carbon footprint. We ensure that printing is..."
"In terms of diversity, there are many internal focus groups: those working for gender..."
"I am generally satisfied with the quality of work I am assigned. I tend to run my..."
"I have worked with the Irish in Birmingham charity providing a biweekly legal advice..."
"There is a small trainee intake at the firm which ensures that the trainee experience..."
"It can be high pressure."
"The good reputation and desire to grow the Business Legal Services stream to align..."
"Retention rates are generally very good and the firm is clearly dedicated to ensuring..."
"This firm is over 100 years old - one of the oldest large firms in the country"
"Innovative, professional and forward-thinking."
"We work with the Prince's Trust to encourage applicants from less privileged backgrounds..."
"More transparency in relation to the process of seat allocation and new qualifier..."