"Good people and top-quality work."
- Trainees are offered challenging and high-quality work from the time they start working.
- People of all levels are approachable and meet for regular social events.
- Many feel that the informal training at the firm is of excellent quality.
- There is a lot of diversity support for LGBT, minorities and women.
- There can be limited choice and transparency regarding seat moves.
- Some would like more integration between departments.
- The salary is seen as being low when compared to similar firms.
- Some trainees consider the IT systems to be of lower quality than at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"You should make sure that the firm is aligned with your personal thoughts/feelings..."
"The atmosphere in the office is both friendly and vibrant. Every employee is approachable..."
"The induction training is comprehensive and sets you up for your first day in the..."
"I believe mentoring varies between departments. I've found that the majority of solicitors..."
"Light, airy and open plan, In central location. Office wear is a must - suits, work..."
"I work from 08.30 am to 5.30 pm on most days. I sometimes stay later to finish a..."
"I think the pay is good for a Midlands-based office and there is scope for substantial..."
"We get two additional days of annual leave that we can use to do charity work."
"The application process consisted of an application form, a telephone interview,..."
"Questions will focus on commercial awareness and a specific awareness of the firm's..."
"There are no desk bins in the office and all of the bins are labelled with the various..."
"IM actively encourages diversity and there are a number of organisations within the..."
"My work is satisfying as it enables me to interact with clients on a daily basis,..."
"The pro bono committee in Birmingham is in its early stages, however I understand..."
"The work/life balance is really good. The people are also really friendly and fantastic..."
"The length of time it takes to decide where the trainees are going to move to the..."
"I chose Irwin Mitchell because I was drawn to the prospect of being part of an emerging..."
"The retention rate is very high for a law firm of this size."
"We have department away days, which are very fun. On the last one we stayed up dancing..."
"Inclusive, friendly and progressive."
"The firm has ongoing links to schools from less privileged areas who are afforded..."
"More inter-office events. There are so many offices with lovely trainees it would..."