"A driven firm containing expert lawyers."
- Trainees are offered challenging and high-quality work from the time they start working.
- People of all levels are approachable and meet for regular social events.
- Many feel that the informal training at the firm is of excellent quality.
- There is a lot of diversity support for LGBT, minorities and women.
- There can be limited choice and transparency regarding seat moves.
- Some would like more integration between departments.
- The salary is seen as being low when compared to similar firms.
- Some trainees consider the IT systems to be of lower quality than at other firms.
What insiders say about...
"Make sure you are confident but not too outspoken in your group tasks and other interviews...."
"The team I work in is a small one and is very collaborative. We work well together..."
"I have learned a lot in respect of my drafting skills, communications on the phone,..."
"Partners and supervisors are approachable and willing to help. They understand the..."
"Can be cramped at times but generally OK. We do not have a canteen and our break..."
"Hours are extremely flexible. If there is a lot of work to do then you will be expected..."
"Competitive salaries are offered."
"The firm offers a very high pension contribution compared to other firms that I applied..."
"There is a telephone interview, then an assessment centre and then during the vacation..."
"Why law? Why this firm? What type of law are you interested in and why?"
"Plenty of recycling bins."
"There's commitment to improving BAME and LGBTQ recruitment in the Manchester office..."
"In real estate I got a lot of responsibility and did quite a lot of technical drafting...."
"There are opportunities for pro bono work but the volume of this depends upon the..."
"IM is a forward looking firm; always looking to progress and improve."
"There is an expectation to work late regularly in some departments."
"I wanted to work in personal injury and Irwin Mitchell are a leading law firm in..."
"There is always some concern as business needs change and there is a lot of uncertainty,..."
"Irwin Mitchell started as a criminal firm and made its name by representing organised..."
"Ambitious, friendly and supportive."
"The firm are quite clear that they will not reject your application based on academics..."
"More inter-office events. There are so many offices with lovely trainees it would..."