"Sociable and relaxed yet fiercely intelligent."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- Some trainees feel that there could be more detailed information about specific departmental vacancies on qualification.
What insiders say about...
"There are no psychometric tests so you can't just learn the Watson Glaser test if..."
"I think the teamwork and support is one of the best things about the firm. People..."
"There is a structured training programme in the first year of the training contract...."
"Everyone gets allocated a trainee mentor and partner mentor, but it's up to the trainee..."
"The food, gym and changing facilities are all excellent. The offices themselves are..."
"It's very flexible provided you are completing your work. I am generally in the office..."
"The pay is very good at trainee level although the new qualifier pay has not hit..."
"The café is heavily subsidised and pretty decent! The gym is small but fairly well..."
"I was asked a lot about my extracurricular activities and motivations. My training..."
"There's an active effort to reduce the use of paper cups and plastic in the office...."
"I think the make-up of the firm as a whole could certainly be more diverse but I've..."
"I get a very high quality of work that can be associate level at times."
"I have worked for the Amicus Missouri project, the same-sex relationship guide and..."
"Getting independence in my role and the ability to choose the type of work I am involved..."
"We don't receive as much supervision as we would on a rotational training contract...."
"The straightforward application and the fact that it was a global firm. It had a..."
"They used to be 100% but have had a slight dip recently. This is mainly due to large..."
"We have a personal trainer on site every day who runs group classes. Taking time..."
"Collegiate and friendly with a hard-working atmosphere."
"More structure, transparency and support with regard to appraisals, training and..."