"Confident, unique and committed."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"The vac scheme has a huge emphasis placed on it, simply because it is the way we..."
"People are extremely friendly. The firm is generally non-hierarchical and trainees..."
"There are regular formal training sessions though still probably not as much as at..."
"Informal feedback from partners and associates is generally good. You have opportunities..."
"Trainees get an office with a fellow trainee, which is really good. We have a good..."
"Working hours really aren't very flexible if you are busy. If a big deadline is looming,..."
"I think I am very well paid."
"Our private healthcare scheme is really good."
"The questions were more focused on me as a person rather than legal topics."
"There's an active effort to reduce the use of paper cups and plastic in the office...."
"The firm has a strong record of achievement on diversity at more junior levels, women..."
"We are given more responsibility and more interesting things to do than peers at..."
"We do a wide variety of pro bono work and the firm takes it seriously."
"Managing my own workload and doing work in areas that I am genuinely interested in...."
"The IT systems can sometimes be slow."
"The non-rotational system, the personalities of the interviewers and the atmosphere..."
"The retention rates are usually good."
"The firm is 125 years old this year."
"Energetic, focused and passionate."
"Less pressure to commit to certain departments at the 12-month stage. I think the..."