"A collegiate and approachable institution."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- Some trainees feel that there could be more detailed information about specific departmental vacancies on qualification.
What insiders say about...
"Cover the standard questions of why commercial law, why the firm and why you. Specifically..."
"The culture is generally relaxed and people are largely friendly. Trainees share..."
"This is where the non-rotational system has its struggles. I would say we do more..."
"Trainees are allocated a mentor and a junior mentor but they don't necessarily end..."
"The office is laid out well and has a pleasant feel to it. The dress code is smart..."
"The hours can be unpredictable. Your day can be quiet with the standard 9.00 am to..."
"I am happy with the remuneration we get from the firm."
"There is a free on-site gym and an excellent subsidised cafeteria. Partners often..."
"Interviews are fairly informal and based on your responses to questions in the application...."
"The firm has made great strides in green initiatives in the last few years. There..."
"I think the make-up of the firm as a whole could certainly be more diverse but I've..."
"I get a very high quality of work that can be associate level at times."
"The firm takes part in a number of engaging and worthwhile pro bono projects. There..."
"You get a great level of independence and you are treated like an adult. I know that..."
"It can be difficult to manage your workload sometimes as you do not have one training..."
"The non-rotational training system and opportunity to get early responsibility. We..."
"They used to be 100% but have had a slight dip recently. This is mainly due to large..."
"We are the only firm in the City with a non-rotational training system."
"Inclusive and supportive."
"More communication in terms of performance feedback. It's often quite hard to tell..."