"A first-class place to work in."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"Think about what the firm can offer you as much as what you can offer the firm. It..."
"There is truly no hierarchy. The firm is very cooperative and collaborative, both..."
"There is a structured training programme in the first year of the training contract...."
"Partners and associates are very approachable. Some are too busy to teach but some..."
"The office space and location are great and trainees getting their own offices is..."
"Now that I have decided which area I wish to qualify into, I am much more in control..."
"The trainee salary is excellent and the new qualifier salary is also first rate."
"There's free breakfast and lunch around twice a week."
"Interviews are fairly informal and based on your responses to questions in the application...."
"There's an active effort to reduce the use of paper cups and plastic in the office...."
"The firm has incredible social mobility programmes and is really committed to it...."
"Most of the work I do is interesting and substantive. It's rare that trainees are..."
"We do a wide variety of pro bono work and the firm takes it seriously."
"It's collaborative rather than competitive and this gives the firm a great atmosphere...."
"It can be difficult to manage your workload sometimes as you do not have one training..."
"The attitude of the partners towards trainees was very welcoming and inclusive."
"Retention rates are good and the firm makes an effort to encourage people to stay...."
"The firm is 125 years old this year."
"A collegiate and approachable institution."
"Have a more equal spread of work. Some individuals will be constantly busy whereas..."