"Confident, unique and committed."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"There's an application form, an interview with two partners and a vacation scheme..."
"There is truly no hierarchy. The firm is very cooperative and collaborative, both..."
"There is a structured training programme in the first year of the training contract...."
"They are accessible and will make time for you but are often too busy to train you...."
"Our offices are very modern and have recently been refurbished. The gym is great..."
"The hours can be unpredictable. Your day can be quiet with the standard 9.00 am to..."
"Our pay is very good for a City law firm."
"There are free tickets to Arsenal matches, concerts at the O2 arena and other high-profile..."
"I was asked about how I had dealt with setbacks in life and what motivated me. I..."
"We no longer use plastic cutlery or paper cups. There has been a big push towards..."
"I think that the initiatives are certainly there (groups, sessions and activities..."
"Apart from the expected admin work that trainees do, the vast majority of the work..."
"The US seems to have some great projects but they are fewer and further between in..."
"Managing my own workload and doing work in areas that I am genuinely interested in...."
"Technology. JD is too centralised an organisation to make decisions quickly and at..."
"I attended a recruitment event and enjoyed chatting with the people from the firm..."
"They vary quite a lot depending on how many people want to qualify into the same..."
"The firm is 125 years old this year."
"Challenging, engaging, motivating and exciting."
"Place more emphasis on the teaching role of associates. It would be great if the..."