"Sociable and collaborative."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"The firm is looking for people to work with, not just dazzling CVs and polished interview..."
"There is truly no hierarchy. The firm is very cooperative and collaborative, both..."
"Training is interactive but could be better and more extensive. We could also increase..."
"It's mostly partners that I am close to with work and it's easy to adopt mentors..."
"There's really helpful staff and relatively nice offices. Trainees share their offices..."
"The hours are generally quite long (this depends in which department you spend most..."
"I am happy with the remuneration we get from the firm."
"There are free tickets to Arsenal matches, concerts at the O2 arena and other high-profile..."
"Why law and why Jones Day were two of the key questions. A trickier question was..."
"The firm is making a real effort on this front and has abolished disposable coffee..."
"The firm has a strong record of achievement on diversity at more junior levels, women..."
"I'm pretty satisfied. I get a lot of responsibility to run with matters and liaise..."
"The firm takes part in a number of engaging and worthwhile pro bono projects. There..."
"The ability to concentrate on practice areas where you have a real interest and not..."
"Sometimes I wish that I received more constructive feedback for the work that I have..."
"I like the size of the London office (roughly 200 lawyers, including trainees) and..."
"Retention rates are good and the firm makes an effort to encourage people to stay...."
"Some partners bring their dogs to work."
"Inclusive and supportive."
"More transparency about retention rates and more regular and open feedback."