"Energetic, focused and passionate."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"Be sure to refer to the non-rotational training contract system and show an understanding..."
"You share an office with another trainee, so you don't have someone senior breathing..."
"There's training twice a week for the first six months of the training contract and..."
"Everyone is given a trainee and partner mentor, who are very accessible. However,..."
"I cannot complain about the office space and the dress code is pretty relaxed."
"I regularly leave at 6.30 pm with only the occasional really late night. I can bring..."
"We are paid very well at Jones Day. While others are paid more on qualification,..."
"There are free dinners and taxis if you work late. We get a free trip to Washington..."
"Why law and why Jones Day were two of the key questions. A trickier question was..."
"I don't really hear about any efforts in this area and I don't think there is enough..."
"There are often well attended diversity events at the firm and it's committed to..."
"I've generally been involved with administrative tasks and sometimes substantial..."
"The US seems to have some great projects but they are fewer and further between in..."
"The people are really great, you get a lot of responsibility early on and the mentoring..."
"We don't receive as much supervision as we would on a rotational training contract...."
"The quality of work and non-rotational training contract. The salary wasn't bad either...."
"The retention rates are usually good."
"Trainees share offices with another trainee."
"A sociable and relaxed atmosphere with a training system that gives you freedom and..."
"More transparency about retention rates and more regular and open feedback."