"Exciting, challenging and unusual."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"There's an online application with a short covering letter and then an interview...."
"The firm is a very sociable place. The people are very friendly, both in the office..."
"Our training is very hands on and provides a steep learning curve, though it can..."
"Partners and associates are very approachable. Some are too busy to teach but some..."
"Offices are very nice and well located just off Fleet Street and by Blackfriars tube..."
"Hours vary and can be very good, but are generally unpredictable."
"Our salaries are good to compensate for the lack of bonuses."
"Arsenal tickets have gone to trainees a few times and the pension pot has just changed..."
"Questions were very wide ranging, from what my favourite film was to what I thought..."
"We just got rid of paper and plastic cups, reusable coffee cups were provided for..."
"The firm has incredible social mobility programmes and is really committed to it...."
"We are given more responsibility and more interesting things to do than peers at..."
"I haven't done a great deal but pro bono hours count as billable, which is good."
"Having high-quality work, sharing an office with another trainee, the trips to Washington..."
"Sometimes I wish that I received more constructive feedback for the work that I have..."
"The non-rotational system and its reputation worldwide and in the UK market."
"They vary quite a lot depending on how many people want to qualify into the same..."
"The office is built on the site of a castle dating back to Tudor times."
"Energetic, focused and passionate."
"Shorter hours and more active mentorship."