"Competitive, sociable and challenging."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"There's an online application with a short covering letter and then an interview...."
"Those who trained at the firm are great teachers and understand the training process..."
"There is a structured training programme in the first year of the training contract...."
"This can vary from person to person. In my early days I'd have prefferred a more..."
"We have an on-site gym and café. Trainees share an office with another trainee."
"The firm is fairly flexible. There is an unofficial policy that you can occasionally..."
"Our salaries are good to compensate for the lack of bonuses."
"There are free dinners and taxis if you work late. We get a free trip to Washington..."
"I was asked questions about my CV and my motivations for working in law."
"There are now recycling bins on all floors."
"There are a number of groups including the Women's Group, LGBTQ+ group and BAME group..."
"We get lots of responsibility including drafting witness statements, being in direct..."
"My feeling is that the US offices currently have a larger pro bono offering than..."
"Getting independence in my role and the ability to choose the type of work I am involved..."
"We don't receive as much supervision as we would on a rotational training contract...."
"The non-rotational training system and opportunity to get early responsibility. We..."
"It's dependent on practice area."
"We run projects in Texas to support immigrants from the Mexican border, especially..."
"Non-hierarchical and non-rotational. Great people and great work."
"More transparency about retention rates and more regular and open feedback."