"A global firm with a good-sized London office."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"A CV and covering letter leads to one interview, which in turn leads to a two-week..."
"I think the teamwork and support is one of the best things about the firm. People..."
"The firm holds lunchtime sessions twice a week in the first year. These sessions..."
"There are definitely loads of partners and associates who happily play a mentor role..."
"We have nice new offices with a café and gym. The dress code is business casual..."
"Hours can vary a lot. Be prepared to work pretty hard, though weekend work is rare..."
"The salary is very good at a trainee level."
"There's free breakfast and lunch around twice a week."
"I was asked a lot about my extracurricular activities and motivations. My training..."
"The firm is making a real effort on this front and has abolished disposable coffee..."
"There is some way to go here but efforts are clearly being made at a recruitment..."
"We are given more responsibility and more interesting things to do than peers at..."
"We are strongly encouraged to participate in the wide variety of pro bono projects..."
"The partner and peer approachability and collegiality."
"We don't receive as much supervision as we would on a rotational training contract...."
"The quality of work and non-rotational training contract. The salary wasn't bad either...."
"Retention rates are good and the firm makes an effort to encourage people to stay...."
"The office is built on the site of a castle dating back to Tudor times."
"Inclusive and supportive."
"More structure, transparency and support with regard to appraisals, training and..."