"A global powerhouse with a great offering to clients."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"There's an application form, an interview with two partners and a vacation scheme..."
"People are extremely friendly. The firm is generally non-hierarchical and trainees..."
"There is a structured training programme in the first year of the training contract...."
"There are formal trainee and partner mentors who are generally good at providing..."
"The office space is great because you sit with another trainee and get some privacy/freedom..."
"Hours are long and I typically work around 12 hours per day. We have early starts..."
"Our pay is very good for a City law firm."
"The partners are always buying drinks at the local. The firm also has numerous social..."
"They were generally conversational questions."
"The firm is making a real effort on this front and has abolished disposable coffee..."
"The firm has improved in this area drastically. The firm is now much more willing..."
"I'm pretty satisfied. I get a lot of responsibility to run with matters and liaise..."
"I've been involved in some pro bono projects in the US. Other pro bono opportunities..."
"I enjoy the non-rotational training system as it allows me to follow my interests..."
"Given that you can often be working for numerous different people and different departments,..."
"The straightforward application and the fact that it was a global firm. It had a..."
"They vary quite a lot depending on how many people want to qualify into the same..."
"Trainees share offices with another trainee."
"Non-hierarchical and non-rotational. Great people and great work."