"A global firm with a good-sized London office."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"There's an application form, an interview with two partners and a vacation scheme..."
"I enjoy the fact that partners' doors are generally always open and we are encouraged..."
"We typically have formal training twice a week for an hour at a time. I personally..."
"There are definitely loads of partners and associates who happily play a mentor role..."
"The office space and location are great and trainees getting their own offices is..."
"It can be very flexible, you don't stay if you don't have work. It's just that there..."
"Trainee pay is extremely good, as is new qualifier pay. After that, we are not told..."
"The café is heavily subsidised and pretty decent! The gym is small but fairly well..."
"I was asked a lot about my extracurricular activities and motivations. My training..."
"The firm has recently introduced a variety of measures designed to make it more eco-friendly,..."
"There are action groups for women, ethnic minorities and LGBTQ+. The firm is involved..."
"I'm pretty satisfied. I get a lot of responsibility to run with matters and liaise..."
"I've been involved in some pro bono projects in the US. Other pro bono opportunities..."
"Getting independence in my role and the ability to choose the type of work I am involved..."
"The IT systems can sometimes be slow."
"The non-rotational training system and opportunity to get early responsibility. We..."
"Retention rates are good but there could be more transparency about the number of..."
"Trainees share offices with another trainee."
"Challenging, engaging, motivating and exciting."