"A sociable and relaxed atmosphere with a training system that..."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"There are no psychometric tests so you can't just learn the Watson Glaser test if..."
"The firm is a very sociable place. The people are very friendly, both in the office..."
"The training consists of talks held largely in the first year of the training contract..."
"This is very good and I have been well trained informally by individuals I have worked..."
"Our offices are very modern and have recently been refurbished. The gym is great..."
"Working late is expected when it's required by the matter you are on but there is..."
"Our salaries are good to compensate for the lack of bonuses."
"The café is heavily subsidised and pretty decent! The gym is small but fairly well..."
"Who would you bring to your ideal dinner party? Should the general public have been..."
"The firm has made great strides in green initiatives in the last few years. There..."
"The firm has incredible social mobility programmes and is really committed to it...."
"Trainees are given huge responsibility, which is appreciated."
"I've been involved in some pro bono projects in the US. Other pro bono opportunities..."
"Managing my own workload and doing work in areas that I am genuinely interested in...."
"The IT systems can sometimes be slow."
"I attended a recruitment event and enjoyed chatting with the people from the firm..."
"They used to be 100% but have had a slight dip recently. This is mainly due to large..."
"We are the only firm in the City with a non-rotational training system."
"Exciting, challenging and unusual."
"More transparency about retention rates and more regular and open feedback."