"A collegiate and approachable institution."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"The best way to prepare is to really think about what is different about Jones Day..."
"The hours are relatively balanced but, like everywhere, there are peaks and troughs...."
"The firm holds lunchtime sessions twice a week in the first year. These sessions..."
"This can vary from person to person. In my early days I'd have prefferred a more..."
"The food, gym and changing facilities are all excellent. The offices themselves are..."
"Hours can vary a lot. Be prepared to work pretty hard, though weekend work is rare..."
"We are paid very well at Jones Day. While others are paid more on qualification,..."
"We have a gym and changing rooms in the office and we get late night taxis and food..."
"Why law and why Jones Day were two of the key questions. A trickier question was..."
"The firm is introducing more green initiatives following pressure from employees,..."
"There are action groups for women, ethnic minorities and LGBTQ+. The firm is involved..."
"I'm pretty satisfied. I get a lot of responsibility to run with matters and liaise..."
"I have worked for the Amicus Missouri project, the same-sex relationship guide and..."
"Having high-quality work, sharing an office with another trainee, the trips to Washington..."
"The IT systems can sometimes be slow."
"I attended a recruitment event and enjoyed chatting with the people from the firm..."
"Retention rates are historically good and it feels as though there are plenty of..."
"The office is built on the site of a castle dating back to Tudor times."
"A global firm with a good-sized London office."
"More structure, transparency and support with regard to appraisals, training and..."