"Confident, unique and committed."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"Cover the standard questions of why commercial law, why the firm and why you. Specifically..."
"The culture in the office is one of teamwork when working in deal groups and case..."
"There are weekly training sessions on various practice areas that are helpful for..."
"You are assigned a partner and trainee mentor at the beginning of the training contract...."
"Offices are very nice and well located just off Fleet Street and by Blackfriars tube..."
"The hours are generally quite long (this depends in which department you spend most..."
"I am happy with the remuneration we get from the firm."
"Tuesday night football!"
"Who would you bring to your ideal dinner party? Should the general public have been..."
"There's an active effort to reduce the use of paper cups and plastic in the office...."
"The firm hosts events focused on diversity and equality. As a trainee, I have also..."
"There's a superb level of responsibility from day one. I have had access to challenging..."
"There are great pro bono initiatives, which are easy to get involved with and get..."
"I enjoy the non-rotational training system as it allows me to follow my interests..."
"Given that you can often be working for numerous different people and different departments,..."
"The vacation scheme gave me an insight into the firm's culture and the people. This..."
"It has gone up and down in recent years. The new qualifier selection process is not..."
"We go to a conference in Washington DC with the rest of the firm's new joiners from..."
"A global powerhouse with a great offering to clients."
"More department-specific training in second year once areas to qualify into have..."