"Inclusive and supportive."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"There's an application form, an interview with two partners and a vacation scheme..."
"People are extremely friendly. The firm is generally non-hierarchical and trainees..."
"There is an intensive training continuum that consists of bi-weekly seminars on different..."
"You are assigned a partner and trainee mentor at the beginning of the training contract...."
"Trainees get an office with a fellow trainee, which is really good. We have a good..."
"Working late is expected when it's required by the matter you are on but there is..."
"Our pay is very good for a City law firm."
"Tuesday night football!"
"From my experience, the interviews are generally quite relaxed and the interviewers..."
"There are now recycling bins on all floors."
"The firm has incredible social mobility programmes and is really committed to it...."
"Trainees are given huge responsibility, which is appreciated."
"There is a huge amount of pro bono to be involved in and we're encouraged to do as..."
"You get a great level of independence and you are treated like an adult. I know that..."
"There can be a competitive culture and I think we could have more supervision."
"I was curious about the non-rotational system combined with a straightforward interview..."
"The rates of retention used to be very high but now they are dropping. Certain departments..."
"We go to a conference in Washington DC with the rest of the firm's new joiners from..."
"A global firm with a good-sized London office."
"Have a more equal spread of work. Some individuals will be constantly busy whereas..."