"Exciting, challenging and unusual."
- The non-rotational structure of the training contract results in a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Trainees are given high-quality work and feel they are entrusted with more responsibility than peers at other firms.
- There is a very flat hierarchy and a welcoming and cooperative culture.
- The salary is very competitive and among the highest in the City.
- The unique structure of the training contract may not be suited to everyone.
- Trainees have to source their own work, which can lead to fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- There could be more frequent feedback for trainees to ensure that they are developing properly.
- The hours can be unpredictable and long at times.
What insiders say about...
"Cover the standard questions of why commercial law, why the firm and why you. Specifically..."
"There's little to no hierarchy although this varies between departments. Teamwork..."
"There is an intensive training continuum that consists of bi-weekly seminars on different..."
"They are accessible and will make time for you but are often too busy to train you...."
"The office space is great because you sit with another trainee and get some privacy/freedom..."
"The hours can be unpredictable. Your day can be quiet with the standard 9.00 am to..."
"I am happy with the remuneration we get from the firm."
"Tuesday night football!"
"Questions were very wide ranging, from what my favourite film was to what I thought..."
"We've recently had changes made to bins and lighting sensors to reduce waste and..."
"There are action groups for women, ethnic minorities and LGBTQ+. The firm is involved..."
"I've generally been involved with administrative tasks and sometimes substantial..."
"We are strongly encouraged to participate in the wide variety of pro bono projects..."
"The people you work with. From an early stage you are treated as an equal of everyone..."
"It can be difficult to manage your workload sometimes as you do not have one training..."
"The non-rotational system, the personalities of the interviewers and the atmosphere..."
"The retention rates are usually good."
"The roof garden of our Washington office (which all new trainees visit as part of..."
"High reward and high responsibility."
"More direct feedback and constructive criticism could be good."