"A global company providing you with a great start to a professional..."
- The company is very supportive across all levels including senior management.
- New employees in some business areas (such as markets) are sent on a six-week training course in New York, which is very popular.
- Hours are seen as being very fair and flexible for the industry.
- Graduate employees feel that the salary offered by the company is incredibly competitive.
- While work varies, there are inevitably admin tasks in every role.
- The size of the company means it can be hard to avoid bureaucracy.
- Some feel that it can be hard to know where they fit in such a large company.
- The pay process could be more transparent.
What insiders say about...
"We went through a rigorous process for applying to the firm including an online application,..."
""I regularly have breakfast or lunch with the MD of my group to discuss my work and..."
"Typical, open-plan offices in London."
"In corporate finance 80 to 100 hours is normal, with frequent trips to the office..."
"There's a very competitive pay and bonus scheme."
"As a first-year credit analyst, you are sent to New York to take part in a six-week..."
"You will be asked to give presentations and perform group exercises."
"Tell me about your academic and social life."
"JPM is pledging to support renewable power for 100% of the company's global energy..."
"My direct managers have always been very involved in my personal career development...."
"The bank ranks high in terms of hiring and promoting minorities compared to some..."
"The promotion process needs to be more transparent and internal opportunities could..."
"I have a real impact on decisions in the firm. I have owned and delivered key elements..."
"The American work culture with a flat hierarchy and the collaborative spirit between..."
"As with any large corporation, many aspects of the work are very bureaucratic and..."
"We have an employee appreciation week with free coffee and sweets."
"Reputable, global, collaborative and caring."
"The culture, rotational programme and the global nature of the bank."
"The New York training provides a very good base for working in finance and covers..."
"More travel and trips to head office."