"Whatever career goals you have, J.P. Morgan will support you..."
- The company is very supportive across all levels including senior management.
- New employees in some business areas (such as markets) are sent on a six-week training course in New York, which is very popular.
- Hours are seen as being very fair and flexible for the industry.
- Graduate employees feel that the salary offered by the company is incredibly competitive.
- While work varies, there are inevitably admin tasks in every role.
- The size of the company means it can be hard to avoid bureaucracy.
- Some feel that it can be hard to know where they fit in such a large company.
- The pay process could be more transparent.
What insiders say about...
"We went through a rigorous process for applying to the firm including an online application,..."
"I've never experienced the concept of face time and I have always felt comfortable..."
"The training I have received here is second to none. The global training program..."
"Suit, no tie. Comfortable."
"In corporate finance 80 to 100 hours is normal, with frequent trips to the office..."
"Starting salaries are on par with the industry average."
"As a first-year credit analyst, you are sent to New York to take part in a six-week..."
"The firm tests everything from analytics to teamwork, and places a strong emphasis..."
"Tell me about a current issue that you are interested in."
"JPM is pledging to support renewable power for 100% of the company's global energy..."
"The open-door policy is good and my team manager is always available for a catch..."
"Every effort is made in terms of hiring and mentoring women."
"There is relatively defined progression from analyst to associate. You can expect..."
"The quality of the work as an analyst is very mixed as you will be expected to learn..."
"The company culture is great. I really feel like people are willing to help you."
"I guess the main thing I see as a negative is that our company is so large. It can..."
"You can buy ice creams on the trading floor all year round!"
"Inclusive and striving towards the future."
"The company's reputation and the prestige involved in working here."
"There is so much training available to you and the graduate training programme (six..."
"Make the pay and compensation process open and transparent."