"Conscientious, ambitious and reliable."
- Work given to trainees is of a high quality and includes a good amount of client contact.
- Hours are considered very reasonable for the industry and allow a good work/life balance.
- The firm's friendly atmosphere makes it an enjoyable place to work.
- Retention at Kennedys is very high as the firm aims to keep as many trainees as possible.
- The feedback on offer isn’t always reliable.
- Some trainees would like more control over the seats they want to take.
- Salaries are not seen as being particularly competitive compared to other firms.
- Some would like more international secondment options.
What insiders say about...
"Do your research ahead of time. I recommend looking up recent cases and developments..."
"The firm treats its staff as equals with thoughts and ideas carrying equal value..."
"There are lots of additional lectures and seminars that you can attend if you wish...."
"Every trainee has a supervisor and you have mid- and end-of-seat reviews. However,..."
"The location is second to none in terms of the insurance market. The dress code is..."
"The firm is not flexible when it comes to hours as far as I have experienced, but..."
"Regional pay is much less than London pay. The London pay is decent as a trainee..."
"Our gym membership is paid for/subsidised and we get a season ticket loan. There's..."
"It was a five stage process involving an application, verbal reasoning tests, assessment..."
"Why Kennedys? Describe the impact of the Jackson reforms. Where can the firm expand..."
"One of the teams is completely paperless with many others currently making the transition...."
"I haven't seen diversity being actively encouraged but I don't think it is a problem...."
"I am currently on client secondment so I am constantly meeting connected clients...."
"I have not done any pro bono work and I'm not aware of any pro bono opportunities..."
"The early opportunities to work with clients, the range of work, the people and the..."
"Some teams can require you to do a lot of admin work."
"The firm's reputation in the insurance sector made them attractive to me."
"Kennedys hire to keep. This means that the trainees do not feel that they have to..."
"The firm was founded in 1899."
"Distinctive, approachable, straightforward and supportive!"
"Kennedys have a legal apprentice scheme for people straight out of school."
"Trainees in regional offices should get as much involvement and recognition as those..."