"Growing while maintaining culture."
- Work given to trainees is of a high quality and includes a good amount of client contact.
- Hours are considered very reasonable for the industry and allow a good work/life balance.
- The firm's friendly atmosphere makes it an enjoyable place to work.
- Retention at Kennedys is very high as the firm aims to keep as many trainees as possible.
- The feedback on offer isn’t always reliable.
- Some trainees would like more control over the seats they want to take.
- Salaries are not seen as being particularly competitive compared to other firms.
- Some would like more international secondment options.
What insiders say about...
"Thoroughly get to know the firm, as well as the industry. Kennedys is a leader in..."
"There is a very strong, supportive culture lived by all staff and partners. As it's..."
"Other than the professional skills course, formal training is provided through seminars..."
"The senior solicitors and partners are very accessible and always willing to give..."
"Client space is professional and impressive at Kennedys."
"Trainees are not allowed to work from home unless it's an exceptional circumstance...."
"Trainee salary is excellent. New qualifier salaries are not as good and do not compete..."
"There's free toast and fruit for breakfast as well as free accommodation and travel..."
"The application process involved an online application form, telephone interview,..."
"Some questions that I was asked included: why law? Why Kennedys? Why insurance? ..."
"Our default print settings are double sided and margins are small."
"Most of the partners are male but there seems to be an even mix of men and women..."
"Trainees are assigned high-quality work and responsibilities very early on. I have..."
"The firm assists with a couple of pro bono clinics and they are a great chance for..."
"The quality of work and responsibility delegated to trainees."
"The pay is lower than I expected. There is a lack of transparency in the seat allocation..."
"Kennedys seemed like a friendly firm where you could hit the ground running - and..."
"I think the retention rates are good. However, there aren't necessarily new qualifier..."
"A number of the partners here (21 in fact) started their careers as trainees with..."
"Vibrant, fast-moving, forward-thinking and practical."
"The firm has a legal apprentice scheme which seems to be very successful. If applicants..."
"More transparency about the different teams at the firm and the exact work the sub..."