"Aspirational, client-driven, growing."
- Work given to trainees is of a high quality and includes a good amount of client contact.
- Hours are considered very reasonable for the industry and allow a good work/life balance.
- The firm's friendly atmosphere makes it an enjoyable place to work.
- Retention at Kennedys is very high as the firm aims to keep as many trainees as possible.
- The feedback on offer isn’t always reliable.
- Some trainees would like more control over the seats they want to take.
- Salaries are not seen as being particularly competitive compared to other firms.
- Some would like more international secondment options.
What insiders say about...
"The application process starts with an online application and assessments, followed..."
"During office hours, team dynamics are great. Although a little hierarchy exists..."
"At the start of my time with the firm I went through a three week training and induction..."
"Everyone at Kennedys is very approachable. The London office is open plan, which..."
"The firm has recently introduced a smart casual dress code, which has been nice...."
"You aren't expected to stay late unless you absolutely have to. If you are there..."
"Pay is a little lower than other City firms. However, the culture and work/life balance..."
"The Kennedys day (an extra day of annual leave) is offered to every employee to take..."
"There is an initial online application with all the questions you would usually expect..."
"I was asked a mixture of things like: what is your past experience? Why Kennedys?..."
"Some teams are paperless, which is great. Other teams still print off all emails,..."
"The latest partner promotions were all women, which is great news. There could be..."
"I am currently on client secondment so I am constantly meeting connected clients...."
"I have not been made aware of any pro bono work. There are, however, a number of..."
"Managing to maintain a good work/life balance."
"Niche practice areas mean that it may not be the best fit for trainees who want exposure..."
"I worked here as a paralegal a year before applying and was extremely impressed with..."
"The firm has struggled with retaining past trainees, but this is usually due to options..."
"We could all see the queen from the window when she visited Lloyds last year!"
"A dynamic, evolving and sociable firm."
"The firm has a diversity and equality policy."
"I'd like to see greater integration of the trainees at the outset of the training..."