"A hard-working and honest law firm."
- Work given to trainees is of a high quality and includes a good amount of client contact.
- Hours are considered very reasonable for the industry and allow a good work/life balance.
- The firm's friendly atmosphere makes it an enjoyable place to work.
- Retention at Kennedys is very high as the firm aims to keep as many trainees as possible.
- The feedback on offer isn’t always reliable.
- Some trainees would like more control over the seats they want to take.
- Salaries are not seen as being particularly competitive compared to other firms.
- Some would like more international secondment options.
What insiders say about...
"There is an application form, telephone interview, aptitude test and assessment day..."
"The culture is generally very good. The firm is open and friendly on the whole and..."
"Other than the professional skills course, formal training is provided through seminars..."
"Some solicitors take you under their wings and give you great guidance. It's what..."
"We have a new office in Manchester on Oxford Rd, which is spacious and modern."
"Contracted to work 9.30 am – 5.30 pm. Realistic hours are 9.00 am – 6.30 pm."
"I don't think the salary is as competitive with other firms as it used to be."
"The firm offers a fairly standard package of gym subsidy, private medical insurance,..."
"It was a five stage process involving an application, verbal reasoning tests, assessment..."
"What current energy issues are law firms in London, particularly this firm, facing?..."
"My team is paperless and takes this very seriously!"
"I can't really speak much to the recruitment element, but the firm is very good at..."
"Kennedys gives you the opportunity to work on a wide variety of cases. Trainees are..."
"I have been involved in Christmas shoe box campaigns, fundraising and also Christmas..."
"We have an open-plan office so you basically learn just from being here. I overhear..."
"The open-plan offices can sometimes be distracting but it's fine once you get used..."
"The firm had a strong background in insurance as well as many achievements."
"Retention rates have historically been very good at Kennedys."
"The firm was founded in 1899."
"A pleasant environment that's mostly easy-going."
"Kennedys have a legal apprentice scheme for people straight out of school."
"I believe that the firm could drive forward international secondments for trainees..."