"The firm is fair, supportive, approachable and straightforward...."
- Work given to trainees is of a high quality and includes a good amount of client contact.
- Hours are considered very reasonable for the industry and allow a good work/life balance.
- The firm's friendly atmosphere makes it an enjoyable place to work.
- Retention at Kennedys is very high as the firm aims to keep as many trainees as possible.
- The feedback on offer isn’t always reliable.
- Some trainees would like more control over the seats they want to take.
- Salaries are not seen as being particularly competitive compared to other firms.
- Some would like more international secondment options.
What insiders say about...
"The application process consists of a paper sift, telephone interview, video interview..."
"As a result of the high retention rates I see a culture of inclusiveness and teamwork..."
"I have found that most training occurs on the job, but there is formal training at..."
"From my experience partners are approachable at any time, as are solicitors and other..."
"We have a great building in the centre of the insurance district, with modern interior..."
"As I work in litigation, I frequently have to work over the standard seven hours..."
"The pay is quite good, though it could be a little better and there are no bonuses..."
"There aren't many but there are some good client events that trainees may get invited..."
"I previously worked as a paralegal in the Cambridge office following my interview...."
"Several questions asked were specific to Kennedys as a firm, and my strengths and..."
"The firm is rolling out a paperlite policy to run files electronically rather than..."
"Kennedys appears to be very good at hiring and keeping women, and genuinely supports..."
"The cases are generally large multi-million pound claims and you will be assisting..."
"There are pro bono opportunities but, I feel that they could benefit from a central..."
"I get a lot of freedom to deal with my own case load."
"There is a lack of clarity in the seat selection process and I have not yet been..."
"I come from an insurance background. I loved the ethos of the firm when at the assessment..."
"Retention is normally good. Typically, there is an effort made to at least make potential..."
"The teams have numbers rather than names... nobody understands them."
"Conscientious, ambitious and reliable."
"The firm has a diversity and equality policy."
"More trainees, we are busy!"