"Client-focused and friendly."
- Work given to trainees is of a high quality and includes a good amount of client contact.
- Hours are considered very reasonable for the industry and allow a good work/life balance.
- The firm's friendly atmosphere makes it an enjoyable place to work.
- Retention at Kennedys is very high as the firm aims to keep as many trainees as possible.
- The feedback on offer isn’t always reliable.
- Some trainees would like more control over the seats they want to take.
- Salaries are not seen as being particularly competitive compared to other firms.
- Some would like more international secondment options.
What insiders say about...
"My advice would be to be yourself and let your personality show. The interview was..."
"We have very sociable hours and approachable colleagues. Lots of the partners have..."
"The firms can do more on providing in-house training sessions for employees and encourage..."
"In each seat trainees get a supervisor - mine have all been great and I am convinced..."
"The Manchester location is ok. It is close to Oxford Road Station, but at times it..."
"The firm is not flexible when it comes to hours as far as I have experienced, but..."
"Our pay is admittedly behind competitor firms."
"The food from our kitchen upstairs on our client floor is usually amazing, the staff..."
"I previously worked as a paralegal in the Cambridge office following my interview...."
"My questions were specific and about my undergraduate degree modules. They wanted..."
"Some teams are paperless, which is great. Other teams still print off all emails,..."
"As an LGBT person, I've always felt comfortable in Kennedys. However, there hasn't..."
"I'm very satisfied. I have had involvement in significant cases and this has really..."
"I have not been informed of any."
"The encouragement to take on responsibility and the support given when doing so is..."
"The pay could be better aligned with other City firms."
"I attended an open day and was encouraged by the warmness of those I met - they aren't..."
"I've always been told that the firm will keep you unless there have been significant..."
"There are great views from the top floor balcony!"
"Supportive, friendly and ambitious."
"The firm has a legal apprentice scheme which seems to be very successful. If applicants..."
"A longer induction at the outset to bring all trainees together."