"A top insurance firm with incredible work."
- Work given to trainees is of a high quality and includes a good amount of client contact.
- Hours are considered very reasonable for the industry and allow a good work/life balance.
- The firm's friendly atmosphere makes it an enjoyable place to work.
- Retention at Kennedys is very high as the firm aims to keep as many trainees as possible.
- The feedback on offer isn’t always reliable.
- Some trainees would like more control over the seats they want to take.
- Salaries are not seen as being particularly competitive compared to other firms.
- Some would like more international secondment options.
What insiders say about...
"I undertook online testing, a telephone assessment, an assessment day and the vacation..."
"Kennedys has an outstanding culture and fully embodies the core value of teamwork...."
"The process was changed in our year so, rather than being given two weeks to complete..."
"I have found the partners to be very good mentors and they generally seem to have..."
"There's no café but we have an eating area. The dress code depends on the team but..."
"Our office is not too strict on hours so long as you are meeting your billing targets..."
"While I feel that the salary is probably a little below average for a London firm,..."
"Our gym membership is paid for/subsidised and we get a season ticket loan. There's..."
"It was a five stage process involving an application, verbal reasoning tests, assessment..."
"My interview focused less on the law and more on me and what I could bring to the..."
"Firm-branded water bottles have been handed out to reduce plastic use."
"There isn't a lot of express information or literature on diversity but one of our..."
"Day to day I can be involved in various tasks from attending client meetings to drafting..."
"I'm unaware of any pro bono work being carried out. The firm is instead heavily involved..."
"The client secondments and variety of training are great. You also get exposure to..."
"Pay is not competitive for new qualifiers and above."
"Its reputation within the healthcare sector."
"The firm has a reputation for high retention rates (approximately 85% on average)..."
"A number of the partners here (21 in fact) started their careers as trainees with..."
"A pleasant environment that's mostly easy-going."
"The firm has a legal apprentice scheme which seems to be very successful. If applicants..."
"I'd like more clarity with respect to seat choices."