"Vibrant, fast-moving, forward-thinking and practical."
- Work given to trainees is of a high quality and includes a good amount of client contact.
- Hours are considered very reasonable for the industry and allow a good work/life balance.
- The firm's friendly atmosphere makes it an enjoyable place to work.
- Retention at Kennedys is very high as the firm aims to keep as many trainees as possible.
- The feedback on offer isn’t always reliable.
- Some trainees would like more control over the seats they want to take.
- Salaries are not seen as being particularly competitive compared to other firms.
- Some would like more international secondment options.
What insiders say about...
"The application process consists of an application form including competency questions,..."
"We have very sociable hours and approachable colleagues. Lots of the partners have..."
"The firms can do more on providing in-house training sessions for employees and encourage..."
"It really depends on the team, fee earner and partner. Some are very helpful and..."
"It's a very nice office with dress becoming more informal with the introduction of..."
"Working hours are very reasonable. There is the occasional long day, as expected,..."
"I think the regional office staff's salaries are lower, despite many putting in similar..."
"The firm offers a fairly standard package of gym subsidy, private medical insurance,..."
"There is an initial online application with all the questions you would usually expect..."
"I had to discuss recent events that will impact the firm and show why this was."
"We're moving towards being paperless."
"There isn't a lot of express information or literature on diversity but one of our..."
"The level of work you are exposed to is great. You are given substantial jobs to..."
"There are occasional ad hoc projects and trainees tend to be involved with these...."
"Great hands-on contact with a high volume of cases. There are a lot of opportunities..."
"There's a lack of transparency around seats."
"The firm's good reputation, growth and expansion. I liked the variety of departments..."
"Very good retention rates. It does depend on demand and availability but my understanding..."
"The firm recruits from a range of backgrounds and ages. Experience, either in the..."
"Aspirational, client-driven, growing."
"Kennedys have a legal apprentice scheme for people straight out of school."
"More opportunities to work at different offices should your office not offer the..."