"Energetic, market-leading, ambitious and entrepreneurial."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"The firm tends to recruit from Russell Group universities. I would advise potential..."
"The culture is very meritocratic: hard work and motivation are thoroughly rewarded...."
"While there is a lot of formal training offered by the firm, I do think there could..."
"There is no hierarchy at the firm so you can approach anyone and everyone. All the..."
"You cannot complain when you are in the Gherkin!"
"Long but flexible."
"Pay is unmatched by any other firm."
"There are free muffins for breakfast on Wednesdays."
"When I applied there was only one round of interviews, which consisted of four consecutive..."
"Why do you want to work for K&E? Who would you say are K&E's competitors in the legal..."
"Recycling has been greatly improved and efforts are made to ensure lights are on..."
"The women's leadership initiative actively supports women in all areas of the firm...."
"Tasks vary between departments but I am happy with the level of responsibility and..."
"100% of lawyers are expected to do 20 hours of pro bono a year."
"The responsibility, the quality of work, the great views from the windows..."
"It can be hard to maintain a work/life balance."
"The reputation and type of work it does."
"The qualification process for my trainee intake and the year above was smooth and..."
"According to one of the partners at the attorney retreat, it's the greatest law firm..."
"Dynamic. A private equity powerhouse."
"Increase the number of trainees in each intake."