"Excellent work, top lawyers, international, friendly."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"I applied for the vac scheme and was then interviewed for the training contract immediately..."
"It is an environment where everyone is very driven but, unlike what the market may..."
"Trainees have three hours of training per week which I have found to be hugely useful,..."
"People are very approachable and willing to help."
"The Gherkin obviously has great views and allows plenty of sunlight into the office...."
"When your workload is lighter, you are genuinely encouraged to make the most of it..."
"It's a good salary for trainees."
"You get free dinner and a cab home after 9pm and it's handy having the bar at the..."
"I had to go through four rounds to be selected which included a phone interview,..."
"Know what your motivations are and why you want to be a lawyer at a firm focused..."
"There's an active effort around recycling and shredding. We have scanning initiatives..."
"The women's leadership initiative actively supports women in all areas of the firm...."
"You get as much responsibility as you can handle – I enjoy the variety and difficulty..."
"All associates and trainees are required to do a certain number of pro bono hours..."
"Top-quality work, clients, office and culture."
"There can be a lot of demand and pressure at times."
"The fact that it was growing so rapidly at the time (which it continues to do) and..."
"Retention rates are very strong at the firm."
"We have firm retreats including international departmental retreats in some departments...."
"Diverse, positive, energetic."
"Offer more international secondment opportunities."