"Ambitious, driven and collaborative."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"They look for social, hardworking, intelligent individuals. People that are socially..."
"Incredibly friendly and hardworking. These are the two main qualities here."
"The legal training programme is over a lunch. Attendance is compulsory."
"I have had lots of one on one time with associates who willingly invest their own..."
"The office is pretty cool and the facilities are great. Support departments really..."
"I work an average of 45 – 50 hours a week and this is no more than expected."
"It's top of the market, there is literally nothing to complain about."
"Perks include: free dinner when working past 7pm, taxi home when working past 9pm,..."
"When I applied there was only one round of interviews, which consisted of four consecutive..."
"The interview was very personal and informal. It's all about making sure you're the..."
"Recycling is encouraged via separate bins in each kitchen. Though we do use a lot..."
"All diversity programmes are very well supported and have regular events."
"I'm very satisfied. From my first day as a trainee, I was given interesting work..."
"100% of lawyers are expected to do 20 hours of pro bono a year."
"Early responsibility. Private Equity focussed. Intelligent colleagues."
"Needing to be available even on nights, weekends and holidays."
"I applied here because Kirkland & Ellis is an international firm with a small intake..."
"Retention rates are very strong at the firm."
"There is a Konditor & Cook in the ground floor of the Gherkin, which means that when..."
"Dynamic. A private equity powerhouse."
"Allow trainees to express preferences for particular supervisors."