"Meritocratic, dynamic, friendly."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"The interview is very informal and relaxed with no set structure. Just be yourself..."
"It is an environment where everyone is very driven but, unlike what the market may..."
"Everything is taught on the job together with structured training (particularly in..."
"There is no hierarchy at the firm so you can approach anyone and everyone. All the..."
"The Gherkin obviously has great views and allows plenty of sunlight into the office...."
"The hours are unpredictable depending on the number of deals and the deadlines set...."
"Kirkland is committed to paying its trainees, associates and partners top-of-the-market..."
"The firm pays for dinner and taxis when working late."
"I had to go through four rounds to be selected which included a phone interview,..."
"Know what your motivations are and why you want to be a lawyer at a firm focused..."
"There is a focus on electronic document storage rather than hard copy storage within..."
"The firm is eager to ensure diversity amongst the employees and ensures that every..."
"I've had a wide range of internal and client-facing work. Trainees are often able..."
"All employees are strongly encouraged to get involved in pro-bono work and have individual..."
"Being given a lot of responsibility, secondment opportunities, working on high quality..."
"The to-do lists can seem endless at times."
"The small size of the London office and the trainee intake. I also liked the opportunities..."
"All but two people from my intake were kept on."
"Our New York office is used for external shots of the US TV show 'Suits'."
"Entrepreneurial, flexible, forward-looking and growing."
"There could be more formal training on technical points from all departments. We..."