"Entrepreneurial, flexible, forward-looking and growing."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"The firm tends to recruit from Russell Group universities. I would advise potential..."
"The culture of the office is exceptional. The only downside is that it requires a..."
"There is very structured and regular training across all departments of the firm...."
"Very easy to receive. The firm operates an 'open-door' policy and it is possible..."
"The offices are in the Gherkin, which is a great place to go to work every day. We..."
"They can be very hard at times but it's always appreciated and the rewards are second..."
"They're fantastic and market leading."
"The best perks are the free dinner and taxis home (when working late). Also working..."
"1) Vacation scheme – interview with HR. 2) Trainee interview – interview with..."
"Why private equity? Why Kirkland?"
"I think the UK office is more committed to reducing its carbon footprint than the..."
"The firm is eager to ensure diversity amongst the employees and ensures that every..."
"I've had a wide range of internal and client-facing work. Trainees are often able..."
"There are lots of great projects and you can do as much as you like. I helped a lady..."
"Getting good responsibility from the first day. There's excellent support, an incredibly..."
"The responsibility on offer is occasionally coupled with a lack of training or explanation,..."
"The firm's reputation within the market and the size of the trainee intake. It's..."
"100% of the trainees in the intake before us got retained and the firm has more than..."
"There is a Picasso in the office."
"Excellent work, top lawyers, international, friendly."
"More secondment opportunities."