"Fantastic at what it does, hard-working and long hours."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself. Try to be open-minded, friendly and confident. Keep up with the financial..."
"The culture of the office is exceptional. The only downside is that it requires a..."
"The training is probably more informal than it is at other firms and so can be rescheduled..."
"I have a good relationship with the partners and my mentors."
"The Gherkin is a great place to work. Our dress code is very flexible and unstuffy..."
"My hours have been varied based on the deals I have worked on. I haven't worked consistently..."
"Trainee pay is very good and associate pay is at the top of the market."
"I was invited to a Star Wars premiere last December by a client. I've also been invited..."
"1) Vacation scheme – interview with HR. 2) Trainee interview – interview with..."
"Why did you not apply to magic circle firms?"
"I haven't really noticed any efforts on this."
"Trainee intakes are completely mixed, there is no trend in educational or ethnic..."
"The quality of work is second to none. The learning curve is incredibly steep but..."
"100% of lawyers are expected to do 20 hours of pro bono a year."
"Access to 'real' work from day one, and being made to feel like an important and..."
"It is always busy and you need real stamina to keep up."
"The prospect of getting to do good-quality work and being trusted with a high level..."
"The firm has great retention rates, as long as you want to be a transactional lawyer...."
"There are great Christmas and summer parties."
"Ambitious, driven and collaborative."
"There could be more formal training on technical points from all departments. We..."