"A busy meritocracy where hard work is rewarded."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"Make sure you do your research – there is nothing worse than an applicant who does..."
"The trainees get on well and give each other support where needed."
"The training sessions on offer are a good introduction to different seats and your..."
"I have had some fantastic supervisors and mentors. People are always willing to explain..."
"The Gherkin is the best building in the City to work in."
"They can be very hard at times but it's always appreciated and the rewards are second..."
"It's top of the market, there is literally nothing to complain about."
"Interest free loan for an underground season ticket."
"I did not do a vacation scheme – I applied directly to the firm and had a number..."
"The questions were mainly about why I wanted to work at K&E and about my commercial..."
"There is a focus on electronic document storage rather than hard copy storage within..."
"Trainee intakes are completely mixed, there is no trend in educational or ethnic..."
"I've had a wide range of internal and client-facing work. Trainees are often able..."
"All employees are strongly encouraged to get involved in pro-bono work and have individual..."
"Being given a lot of responsibility, secondment opportunities, working on high quality..."
"The hours can be fairly brutal (and unpredictable)."
"The small size of the London office and the trainee intake. I also liked the opportunities..."
"100% of the trainees in the intake before us got retained and the firm has more than..."
"Our New York office is used for external shots of the US TV show 'Suits'."
"Diverse, positive, energetic."
"Either a six-seat training contract or one fewer compulsory seats (debt finance and..."