"A busy meritocracy where hard work is rewarded."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"The interview is very informal and relaxed with no set structure. Just be yourself..."
"The culture is very meritocratic: hard work and motivation are thoroughly rewarded...."
"The formal training programmes in each team are well-planned to provide an overview..."
"I have had some fantastic supervisors and mentors. People are always willing to explain..."
"Our office is in the Gherkin and has great views. There's also a fairly relaxed dress..."
"I work approximately 60 hours a week, though this is the same across all City law..."
"The salaries we receive are undeniably at the top of the market."
"We get free dinners and taxis if working late. I have also received a free umbrella..."
"When I applied there was only one round of interviews, which consisted of four consecutive..."
"Why are you interested in a US firm over a UK one? Why private equity? What are typical..."
"We have recycling and confidential bins for paper and recycling bins in the kitchen..."
"There are lots of events that promote diversity within the firm as well as recognition..."
"I am regularly given entire fund documents such as the PPM (private placement memorandum)..."
"100% of lawyers are expected to do 20 hours of pro bono a year."
"Quality of work; Level of responsibility; Great colleagues; Working with a top private..."
"Work can be fast-paced to the point where it is difficult to sit back and reflect..."
"The small size of the London office and the trainee intake. I also liked the opportunities..."
"Retention rates have traditionally been 100%."
"The London office headcount has grown by more than 50% in the past year!"
"Diverse, positive, energetic."
"There could be more formal training on technical points from all departments. We..."