"Entrepreneurial and dynamic."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"It's absolutely critical to have an understanding of private equity and to understand..."
"Trainees attempt to socialise together as much as possible, work permitting. The..."
"The formal training programmes in each team are well-planned to provide an overview..."
"Everyone is highly accessible and you are able to develop strong relationships with..."
"The offices are awesome. Dress code – relaxed. Fridays are dress down day, so you..."
"The hours are unpredictable depending on the number of deals and the deadlines set...."
"Our salary is market-leading."
"Use of the bar on the top floor of the Gherkin and free breakfast every day."
"When I applied there was only one round of interviews, which consisted of four consecutive..."
"I was asked a lot of commercial questions."
"We have recycling bins and a few posters about being green but there's not much emphasis..."
"The firm is eager to ensure diversity amongst the employees and ensures that every..."
"I get varied work that usually stretches my ability to help me improve."
"All employees are strongly encouraged to get involved in pro-bono work and have individual..."
"The people. You are treated as part of the team and everybody is really down-to-earth..."
"Occasionally being thrown in the deep end."
"The firm's reputation within the market and the size of the trainee intake. It's..."
"Some departments are more competitive than others and this may lead to some people..."
"There is a Picasso in the office."
"Entrepreneurial, forward thinking, dynamic, smaller and better for it."
"I'd like there to be more secondment opportunities, either to other offices or to..."