"Hard-working, market-leading, meritocracy."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"Research should focus on what differentiates Kirkland from other American firms,..."
"We have a great culture generally. The only thing I'd say is that people can sometimes..."
"There's focused on-the-job training. Were involved from day one to gain experience..."
"My supervisors are generally good mentors, but they may be too busy to have time..."
"The office is in the Gherkin, which is awesome! The dress code is business casual..."
"My hours have been varied based on the deals I have worked on. I haven't worked consistently..."
"Our salary is very good for the market."
"Taxis after 9.00 pm and dinner after 7.00 pm, both paid for by the firm."
"I had to go through four rounds to be selected which included a phone interview,..."
"The questions were mainly about why I wanted to work at K&E and about my commercial..."
"We have recycling bins in the kitchens."
"There is a strong representation of ethnic minorities in the new trainee intake."
"I get varied work that usually stretches my ability to help me improve."
"All associates and trainees are required to do a certain number of pro bono hours..."
"Access to 'real' work from day one, and being made to feel like an important and..."
"The small size of the London office and the trainee intake. I also liked the opportunities..."
"Kirkland has a strong record of trainee retention"
"According to one of the partners at the attorney retreat, it's the greatest law firm..."
"Ambitious, driven and opportunistic."
"Either a six-seat training contract or one fewer compulsory seats (debt finance and..."