"Ambitious, driven and opportunistic."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"The process is straightforward and includes an online application, cover letter,..."
"There's quite a flat hierarchy with very friendly trainees and lots of socialising...."
"When you first join the firm as a trainee you attend around three training sessions..."
"This is the bulk of the training where we have one-on-one sessions with associates..."
"The offices are awesome. Dress code – relaxed. Fridays are dress down day, so you..."
"Long hours come with the job. However, one of the best things about the firm is the..."
"Our salary is very good for the market."
"Free breakfasts are provided."
"1) Vacation scheme – interview with HR. 2) Trainee interview – interview with..."
"I was asked a lot of commercial questions."
"We have recycling bins in the kitchens."
"Trainee intakes are completely mixed, there is no trend in educational or ethnic..."
"I have just started my training contract, but have already seen a range of work and..."
"I've already done 30 hours of pro bono this year and am encouraged to do as much..."
"It is a hugely dynamic and energetic place to work. The partners are market leaders..."
"The opportunity to work with the best private equity lawyers."
"Some departments are more competitive than others and this may lead to some people..."
"There is a Konditor & Cook in the ground floor of the Gherkin, which means that when..."
"Entrepreneurial, forward thinking, dynamic, smaller and better for it."
"Increase the number of trainees in each intake."