"Dynamic. A private equity powerhouse."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself. Try to be open-minded, friendly and confident. Keep up with the financial..."
"Most people are very approachable and friendly. There's lots of socialising."
"The training programme, whilst new, is extensive and very well planned. Understanding..."
"Very easy to receive. The firm operates an 'open-door' policy and it is possible..."
"You cannot complain when you are in the Gherkin!"
"Long but flexible."
"Kirkland is committed to paying its trainees, associates and partners top-of-the-market..."
"We get dinner provided if we have to work beyond 7.00 pm."
"The process is relaxed and everybody is friendly. There are four interviews, usually..."
"I was asked to explain the life cycle of a private equity fund and then explain how..."
"We have recycling bins in the kitchens."
"Trainee intakes are completely mixed, there is no trend in educational or ethnic..."
"This is one of the best things about the firm. The quality of work is amazing, even..."
"There's a lot of pro bono work going around. I have compiled a report on anti-gay..."
"The quality of work and the great exposure."
"The hours can be fairly brutal (and unpredictable)."
"The firm's reputation as a market-leading private equity firm."
"As it is 100% for the year, I think they're very good."
"There is a Picasso in the office."
"Ambitious, confident and great at what we do."
"Increase the number of trainees in each intake."