"Entrepreneurial, flexible, forward-looking and growing."
- Trainees are given a lot of responsibility and high-quality work early on.
- Salaries are seen as being top of the market compared to other firms.
- Retention rates at the firm have historically been very strong.
- The flat hierarchy and approachable supervisors make asking questions very easy.
- Hours are often unpredictable and may be especially demanding during busy times.
- There could be more flexibility regarding seat moves.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- Some trainees feel like they have been thrown in at the deep-end.
What insiders say about...
"There's an application form along with a CV and cover letter, followed by a video..."
"The culture at Kirkland is really collegiate and everyone is really friendly both..."
"While there is a lot of formal training offered by the firm, I do think there could..."
"Associates and partners are always happy to give feedback. I would consider my supervisors..."
"We have airy, bright and open offices. There's a smart casual dress code with casual..."
"When your workload is lighter, you are genuinely encouraged to make the most of it..."
"The salary is market leading."
"Use of the bar on the top floor of the Gherkin and free breakfast every day."
"I did not do a vacation scheme – I applied directly to the firm and had a number..."
"I was asked a variety of questions including: What is private equity? Why US firm?..."
"I think the UK office is more committed to reducing its carbon footprint than the..."
"There is a strong representation of ethnic minorities in the new trainee intake."
"I’ve had great exposure and responsibility with managing local counsel and drafting..."
"I have been encouraged to take part in pro bono projects in each seat and have been..."
"The quality of work and the great exposure."
"There are predictably long hours, though this is par for the course at any City firm...."
"The small size of the London office and the trainee intake. I also liked the opportunities..."
"As it is 100% for the year, I think they're very good."
"We have firm retreats including international departmental retreats in some departments...."
"Excellent work, top lawyers, international, friendly."
"More secondment opportunities."