"A friendly, open and encouraging firm."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Good grades are, of course, essential but the firm hires from a broad range of universities...."
"I like the fact we are a smaller intake of approximately 24 trainees. This means..."
"Most training is given on the job and there is less focus on soft or non-legal skills...."
"It's a supportive environment with an expectation of senior lawyers to provide training..."
"The offices and facilities are very plush, although there are rumours of changing..."
"Long hours. Some associates take their work home in the evening."
"Pay is top market."
"The monthly cake day is definitely my favourite perk so far!"
"I was asked about my CV and what I had taken away from the vacation scheme. I was..."
"There's evidence that we're helping the environment pretty much everywhere you look...."
"There are numerous committees focused on diversity issues with many initiatives promoting..."
"Trainees are always encouraged to liaise with clients directly from the beginning..."
"The pro bono projects that Latham is involved in are plentiful and there are opportunities..."
"The culture and people, the multi-jurisdictional scope of the work and the benefits..."
"The hours can be long, but that is more a feature of working in a law firm than specifically..."
"I liked the culture and felt that the firm's approach to trainees would result in..."
"The firm's retention rates are typically high."
"We have an iPad coffee machine that delivers some of the best coffee in the City...."
"Friendly, global and successful."
"More training sessions."