"Friendly, open, supportive."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Good grades are, of course, essential but the firm hires from a broad range of universities...."
"People are friendly and approachable and there is an open-door policy. The dress..."
"Good training. Great supervisors. Plenty of non-legal skills from pro bono, committee..."
"Each trainee is allocated an associate mentor when they begin at the firm and there..."
"The facilities are gradually improving and the office location is great. The dress..."
"There is less of a face-time culture but, when there is work to be done, it's best..."
"Unfortunately no trainee bonus. But new qualifier salaries in London are top of the..."
"The secondment abroad and how they support you throughout that process."
"I was asked about my CV and what I had taken away from the vacation scheme. I was..."
"There's evidence that we're helping the environment pretty much everywhere you look...."
"While the number of female partners in the London office could be improved; the firm..."
"I find that client interaction varies greatly from department to department. Day-to-day..."
"As everyone is encouraged to get involved I can see that pro bono work is very important..."
"The people are incredible, and there is an open, friendly culture here. The high..."
"Unpredictability and the fact that you're effectively on call 24/7."
"The culture, international work (we work across offices on almost all matters) and..."
"Retention rates are very high as they aim to keep everyone."
"First-year associates get to go to San Francisco for a retreat."
"Dynamic, fast paced, top-notch."
"Better communication around expectations of hours. I don't mind working long hours,..."