"A friendly, open and encouraging firm."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"I would advise participating in the vacation scheme as best chance of obtaining a..."
"I like the fact we are a smaller intake of approximately 24 trainees. This means..."
"While I think that there could be improvements and additions to formal legal training,..."
"There's a great mentoring programme where you are paired up with an associate. We..."
"We have very modern offices with great amenities as well as a nice café and clean..."
"There is less of a face-time culture but, when there is work to be done, it's best..."
"I feel that I have a very competitive salary, and at the firm we are at the very..."
"We have the standard package including medical, life, travel and dental insurance,..."
"Why law? Why Latham? Where would you invest money?"
"General awareness but we are a law firm so a lot of paper gets used."
"Committees are set up for minorities, as well as extensive work/life and health initiatives...."
"I email clients and opposing counsel every day, but I have yet to receive an email..."
"Each attorney has a pro bono hours target and there are endless opportunities to..."
"The responsibility you are given here is great, accompanied by an excellent salary,..."
"The hours are often unpredictable."
"The international aspect and opportunity to work on cross-border deals."
"It is a competitive firm but it is also expanding and the retention rates are generally..."
"There are two women at the helm of the London office."
"Hard-working, with high expectations."
"Personally I think more flexibility and transparency regarding the seat allocation..."