"Friendly, global and successful."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"I would recommend reading into the firm and also reading about what is going on in..."
"Everyone I've worked for is approachable, friendly and likes to have a laugh, so..."
"Most training is given on the job and there is less focus on soft or non-legal skills...."
"In terms of informal training, there is a mentoring programme, and trainees sit with..."
"The offices are generally pretty swish, although some floors are nicer than others...."
"The hours in transactional seats are unpredictable but I think this is the case at..."
"Great pay. Total transparency."
"Monthly free staff breakfast and lunches. Nothing like free food!"
"My final interview question was why should Latham & Watkins give you a place to train..."
"In terms of reducing the firm's carbon footprint, there are recycling bins provided..."
"I think that diversity is really important to Latham & Watkins, and there are numerous..."
"Work quality can greatly vary from mundane proofing tasks to detailed research and..."
"We do a huge amount of varying pro bono projects. I have worked on many projects..."
"The level of responsibility you are given is only limited by your ability, not your..."
"At times I have worked what I would think of as very long hours."
"International deals and opportunities encouraged me to apply here."
"Excellent retention rates."
"There is an ipad-controlled coffee machine in the canteen."
"Fast-paced, high value, friendly and intense."
"Better communication around expectations of hours. I don't mind working long hours,..."