"A friendly, laid-back firm with a flat structure, which offers..."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Research, and really think about why you want to apply to, Latham specifically. Show..."
"I like the fact we are a smaller intake of approximately 24 trainees. This means..."
"The formal training varies depending on your department. Larger departments tend..."
"When you join the firm you are given an associate mentor and a monthly budget. While..."
"The dress code is generally business casual and most people keep a suit in the office..."
"There is less of a face-time culture but, when there is work to be done, it's best..."
"Great pay. Total transparency."
"The monthly cake day is definitely my favourite perk so far!"
"Why law? Why Latham? Where would you invest money?"
"In terms of reducing the firm's carbon footprint, there are recycling bins provided..."
"My intake and the intake above are outstanding in terms of diversity. It is something..."
"Trainees are always encouraged to liaise with clients directly from the beginning..."
"The firm undertake a variety of pro bono initiatives: combating slavery, enabling..."
"The level of responsibility you are given is only limited by your ability, not your..."
"The hours can be long, but that is more a feature of working in a law firm than specifically..."
"The market-leading international work, the size of the trainee cohort and the strong..."
"Retention rates at the firm, in my experience, are very high."
"We have an iPad coffee machine that delivers some of the best coffee in the City...."
"A great culture with diverse and interesting work."
"Improve the training at the start of each seat."