"Driven, hard-working and innovative."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"The application process for both a vacation scheme and a training contract is an..."
"It does vary across teams, but overall the hierarchy is flat, and people will invite..."
"We have a good and well structured formal training programme, but the smaller/growing..."
"Mentoring is strong and there are strong budgets and an internal culture that fosters..."
"Great offices and a relaxed dress code. No prevailing myth that you will do your..."
"There is less of a face-time culture but, when there is work to be done, it's best..."
"Latham pays extremely well and I think that it is at the top of the market for employee..."
"Monthly tea. Fantastic pro bono."
"Why Latham? Why commercial law? What three words would you use to describe what makes..."
"General awareness but we are a law firm so a lot of paper gets used."
"There are numerous committees focused on diversity issues with many initiatives promoting..."
"LW expects more from its trainees than other firms in the City, which has both positives..."
"Pro bono hours contribute to our target hours, which is a differentiating factor..."
"The people are incredible, and there is an open, friendly culture here. The high..."
"At times I have worked what I would think of as very long hours."
"International deals and opportunities encouraged me to apply here."
"It is a competitive firm but it is also expanding and the retention rates are generally..."
"We have an iPad coffee machine. It's awesome."
"An ambitious, confident, yet relaxed firm."
"Improve the training at the start of each seat."