"Best work in the City and the friendliest faces."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"I would advise participating in the vacation scheme as best chance of obtaining a..."
"People work incredibly hard, whether it's day or night, weekday or weekend, but you..."
"The firm's training could be increased. The vast majority is on the job."
"It's a supportive environment with an expectation of senior lawyers to provide training..."
"We have very modern offices with great amenities as well as a nice café and clean..."
"My personal experience is that the firm is very flexible. No one turns up to Latham..."
"Pay is top market."
"Associate salary more than makes up for light benefits package."
"The questions were mainly around my CV and my commercial awareness."
"General awareness but we are a law firm so a lot of paper gets used."
"The firm is very open and has a good mix of individuals. The diversity committee..."
"I've been shocked at how high the quality of work has been. It has involved client..."
"Pro bono counts towards your billable hours, which helps encourage participation...."
"The incredibly diverse mix of highly talented and approachable people."
"At times I have worked what I would think of as very long hours."
"International work and lean teams, although I had been previously scared off by horror..."
"I know that everyone in our intake has been offered a job."
"We have an iPad coffee machine. It's awesome."
"A friendly, laid-back firm with a flat structure, which offers a high level of responsibility..."
"More training sessions."