"Laid-back and meritocratic."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"I would advise participating in the vacation scheme as best chance of obtaining a..."
"It's supportive and friendly in the office and all team members are approachable,..."
"Training sessions are held almost daily in all different areas of law, and I can..."
"Each trainee is allocated an associate mentor when they begin at the firm and there..."
"There are generally good facilities although there's a difference between newer and..."
"The hours are long but the firm is relatively flexible compared to others when it..."
"Latham pays extremely well and I think that it is at the top of the market for employee..."
"Monthly cake day, monthly free lunch day, monthly free breakfast day. Every year..."
"I was asked questions such as if you won a million pounds what would you invest it..."
"There's evidence that we're helping the environment pretty much everywhere you look...."
"The firm is very open and has a good mix of individuals. The diversity committee..."
"I have a good level of client interaction and I take the lead on various work streams..."
"As everyone is encouraged to get involved I can see that pro bono work is very important..."
"The incredibly diverse mix of highly talented and approachable people."
"The unpredictable nature of the hours."
"I was attracted by the friendly atmosphere, small intake numbers and the firm's worldwide..."
"Retention rates at the firm, in my experience, are very high."
"First-year associates get to go to San Francisco for a retreat."
"An efficient machine with a heart."
"Offer better options for both client and international secondments."