"Hard-working and friendly."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"For the vacation scheme assessment day I had to complete a written test, give a presentation..."
"It's supportive and friendly in the office and all team members are approachable,..."
"There could be a more formal training programme for trainees."
"All trainees get assigned a mentor for the duration of their training contract who..."
"The offices are nice, airy and modern, and have great views. The dress code is not..."
"Hours vary - I have had some seats where I've been very quiet and some where I've..."
"Pay is excellent, particularly when qualified."
"Monthly cake day, monthly free lunch day, monthly free breakfast day. Every year..."
"I had to give my opinions on a few news stories at the time and answer follow-up..."
"I think there is movement in this area at Latham but it is not vocalised enough...."
"Having spent time at other firms as a vacation scheme visitor, I honestly believe..."
"LW expects more from its trainees than other firms in the City, which has both positives..."
"Each attorney has a pro bono hours target and there are endless opportunities to..."
"Access to top deals, global clients and being trusted with a lot of responsibility..."
"The hours can be unpredictable, but that's the case at all commercial firms."
"I attended an insight day that gave me lots of information about the firm. I was..."
"Retention rates are very high as they aim to keep everyone."
"We have an iPad coffee machine that delivers some of the best coffee in the City...."
"Friendly, global and successful."
"A consistently high level of training for all teams."