"Laid-back and meritocratic."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Good grades are, of course, essential but the firm hires from a broad range of universities...."
"Latham seems to have a very flat structure and isn't hierarchical in the way I've..."
"Good training. Great supervisors. Plenty of non-legal skills from pro bono, committee..."
"I believe that solicitors and partners do really care about mentoring, and there..."
"The dress code is generally business casual and most people keep a suit in the office..."
"You're generally expected to be on call, and can receive emails with work, at any..."
"You're paid for the top of the market and you earn it."
"We have the standard package including medical, life, travel and dental insurance,..."
"I was asked about my CV and what I had taken away from the vacation scheme. I was..."
"I think there is movement in this area at Latham but it is not vocalised enough...."
"While the number of female partners in the London office could be improved; the firm..."
"Every day I will be emailing and taking calls from clients directly. I'm privy to..."
"I have worked on pro bono projects relating to incorporation of charities, legal..."
"The level of responsibility you are given is only limited by your ability, not your..."
"Lack of clarity for seat choices."
"International deals and opportunities encouraged me to apply here."
"We have good retention rates generally, but this is dependent on how many people..."
"There are two women at the helm of the London office."
"Hard-working and friendly."
"More transparency on seat choices."