"Friendly, open, supportive."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"There was a focus on my personality and hobbies/interests in my interview. My interviewers..."
"Everyone at Latham & Watkins is so friendly! The trainees in particular get along..."
"The firm's training could be increased. The vast majority is on the job."
"There's a great mentoring programme where you are paired up with an associate. We..."
"The office and facilities are very good. The dress code is business casual."
"Hours vary - I have had some seats where I've been very quiet and some where I've..."
"Trainees don't get bonuses but as far as I know the associates are happy with their..."
"Free cake, breakfast and lunch once a month is a great perk at the firm."
"I was asked questions such as if you won a million pounds what would you invest it..."
"In terms of reducing the firm's carbon footprint, there are recycling bins provided..."
"Committees are set up for minorities, as well as extensive work/life and health initiatives...."
"Every day I will be emailing and taking calls from clients directly. I'm privy to..."
"The pro bono projects that Latham is involved in are plentiful and there are opportunities..."
"Pay on qualification; great quality of work; very friendly atmosphere (regardless..."
"At times I have worked what I would think of as very long hours."
"The people, the firm's place at the top of the legal industry and the long list of..."
"It depends on the department I will ultimately want to qualify into, but departments..."
"We have an iPad coffee machine. It's awesome."
"Driven, hard-working and innovative."
"Offer better options for both client and international secondments."