"A great culture with diverse and interesting work."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"You should know your application form inside out. I found that the interviews have..."
"Excellent culture. Friendly, non-hierarchical, open door policy. Due to the smaller..."
"The formal training varies depending on your department. Larger departments tend..."
"Personally I think that the mentoring system is excellent and it is multi-faceted...."
"The dress code is generally business casual and most people keep a suit in the office..."
"The hours are long but the firm is relatively flexible compared to others when it..."
"Great pay. Total transparency."
"There's a cake day, a free lunch and a free breakfast once a month. We get first-,..."
"Why Latham? Why commercial law? What three words would you use to describe what makes..."
"I think there is movement in this area at Latham but it is not vocalised enough...."
"Committees are set up for minorities, as well as extensive work/life and health initiatives...."
"As a trainee I feel that you are given a lot of client contact. Latham & Watkins..."
"We do a huge amount of varying pro bono projects. I have worked on many projects..."
"Positive aspects include the international scope of the firm, and the chance to do..."
"As people are (understandably) very busy, it can sometimes be difficult to get much..."
"I was encouraged to apply to the firm primarily by their culture and the friendliness..."
"We have good retention rates generally, but this is dependent on how many people..."
"First-year associates get to go to San Francisco for a retreat."
"Dynamic, fast paced, top-notch."
"More transparency on seat choices."