"Driven, hard-working and innovative."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Good grades are, of course, essential but the firm hires from a broad range of universities...."
"I like the fact we are a smaller intake of approximately 24 trainees. This means..."
"The formal training consists of lectures with PowerPoint and sandwich lunches, where..."
"This is generally dependent on the person in question. Most supervisors are picked..."
"Good office space. There is a good cafeteria. The dress code is business attire...."
"Most of the time I leave at around 7.00 pm, but I have had one week of leaving after..."
"Trainees don't get bonuses but as far as I know the associates are happy with their..."
"There are lots of great events. I was invited to drinks at Sushi Samba, which was..."
"I was asked about my CV and what I had taken away from the vacation scheme. I was..."
"In terms of reducing the firm's carbon footprint, there are recycling bins provided..."
"I have seen that there are many different diversity events at Latham & Watkins."
"I find that client interaction varies greatly from department to department. Day-to-day..."
"There are a large number of pro bono initiatives for trainees to get involved with..."
"The people and the culture at the firm are both real pluses."
"There are occasionally very high expectations placed on trainees and the training..."
"I was encouraged to apply to the firm primarily by their culture and the friendliness..."
"The firm tries its utmost to ensure every trainee is retained if they want to be..."
"First-year associates get to go to San Francisco for a retreat."
"A friendly, laid-back firm with a flat structure, which offers a high level of responsibility..."
"Perhaps a requirement for trainees to undertake a certain amount of pro bono work..."