"Friendly, open, supportive."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"For the vacation scheme assessment day I had to complete a written test, give a presentation..."
"Everyone at Latham & Watkins is so friendly! The trainees in particular get along..."
"Good training. Great supervisors. Plenty of non-legal skills from pro bono, committee..."
"My experience of the mentoring in Latham has been fantastic. I have a mentor who..."
"The firm dress code is business casual, with dress-down Fridays. The London offices..."
"Most of the time I leave at around 7.00 pm, but I have had one week of leaving after..."
"Pay is top market."
"Associate salary more than makes up for light benefits package."
"I was asked questions such as if you won a million pounds what would you invest it..."
"There's evidence that we're helping the environment pretty much everywhere you look...."
"Diversity is absolutely something that Latham takes pride in and I think this was..."
"It varies massively by department. In smaller departments (tax, litigation, technology)..."
"Pro bono counts towards your billable hours, which helps encourage participation...."
"Pay on qualification; great quality of work; very friendly atmosphere (regardless..."
"There are occasionally very high expectations placed on trainees and the training..."
"I was encouraged to apply to the firm primarily by their culture and the friendliness..."
"The historically strong retention rates and continued growth of the office indicates..."
"We have an iPad coffee machine. It's awesome."
"Approachable, tenacious and diverse."
"More training sessions."