"Hard-working and friendly."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"The interview consists of a personal interview and a commercial awareness interview...."
"Friendly, open-door culture; always numerous after-work drinks being organised and..."
"There could be a more formal training programme for trainees."
"All trainees get assigned a mentor for the duration of their training contract who..."
"The facilities are gradually improving and the office location is great. The dress..."
"The working hours can be unpredictable at the firm, and there can be a need to work..."
"I think that the trainee salary is at the top end of the City. Trainees do not get..."
"Monthly free staff breakfast and lunches. Nothing like free food!"
"I was mainly asked personal questions about my CV, my experience and my motivations..."
"In terms of reducing the firm's carbon footprint, there are recycling bins provided..."
"My intake and the intake above are outstanding in terms of diversity. It is something..."
"I've been shocked at how high the quality of work has been. It has involved client..."
"We do a huge amount of varying pro bono projects. I have worked on many projects..."
"The responsibility you are given here is great, accompanied by an excellent salary,..."
"The working hours can sometimes be very long during busy periods."
"The international aspect and opportunity to work on cross-border deals."
"Pretty much everyone is kept on."
"We have an iPad coffee machine that delivers some of the best coffee in the City...."
"Driven, hard-working and innovative."
"A consistently high level of training for all teams."