"An efficient machine with a heart."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"For the vacation scheme assessment day I had to complete a written test, give a presentation..."
"Everyone I've worked for is approachable, friendly and likes to have a laugh, so..."
"The formal training varies depending on your department. Larger departments tend..."
"From my experience, solicitors and partners are very good at giving honest and constructive..."
"Great offices and a relaxed dress code. No prevailing myth that you will do your..."
"The hours are long but the firm is relatively flexible compared to others when it..."
"Unfortunately no trainee bonus. But new qualifier salaries in London are top of the..."
"We have the standard package including medical, life, travel and dental insurance,..."
"Why Latham? Why commercial law? Why London? What makes Latham different to other..."
"There's evidence that we're helping the environment pretty much everywhere you look...."
"Committees are set up for minorities, as well as extensive work/life and health initiatives...."
"I've been shocked at how high the quality of work has been. It has involved client..."
"Pro bono counts towards your billable hours, which helps encourage participation...."
"The people and the culture at the firm are both real pluses."
"Unpredictable and long hours, though this is a given in any top-tier City firm –..."
"I attended an insight day that gave me lots of information about the firm. I was..."
"Excellent retention rates."
"There are two women at the helm of the London office."
"A friendly, laid-back firm with a flat structure, which offers a high level of responsibility..."
"More training sessions."