"An ambitious, confident, yet relaxed firm."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"My advice would be to learn the true core ethics of the firm, what we promote and..."
"The firm has good socialising in a relaxed culture, and there is easy interaction..."
"The formal training varies depending on your department. Larger departments tend..."
"Some very natural mentors and leaders. 'Thank you' lunches after big deals close...."
"The office space and the facilities are great. We don't have a gym or anything here..."
"If there's work to be done, that comes first. However, the teams will do their best..."
"Latham pays extremely well and I think that it is at the top of the market for employee..."
"Free monthly lunches and breakfasts, alongside occasional treats from the Associates..."
"I had to give my opinions on a few news stories at the time and answer follow-up..."
"There's evidence that we're helping the environment pretty much everywhere you look...."
"We have a number of diverse affinity groups that play an active role within Latham..."
"While typical trainee tasks can be mundane, placing them in the wider context of..."
"I have worked on pro bono projects relating to incorporation of charities, legal..."
"The incredibly diverse mix of highly talented and approachable people."
"At times I have worked what I would think of as very long hours."
"The people, the firm's place at the top of the legal industry and the long list of..."
"We have good retention rates generally, but this is dependent on how many people..."
"We have an iPad coffee machine. It's awesome."
"Hard-working, with high expectations."
"More training sessions."