"An ambitious, confident, yet relaxed firm."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"I would recommend reading into the firm and also reading about what is going on in..."
"Latham has what I would consider to be a very flat culture. The nature of law firms..."
"The formal training varies depending on your department. Larger departments tend..."
"My experience of the mentoring in Latham has been fantastic. I have a mentor who..."
"Great offices and a relaxed dress code. No prevailing myth that you will do your..."
"If there's work to be done, that comes first. However, the teams will do their best..."
"You're paid for the top of the market and you earn it."
"The monthly cake day is definitely my favourite perk so far!"
"My final interview question was why should Latham & Watkins give you a place to train..."
"In terms of reducing the firm's carbon footprint, there are recycling bins provided..."
"My intake and the intake above are outstanding in terms of diversity. It is something..."
"Work quality can greatly vary from mundane proofing tasks to detailed research and..."
"Pro bono is enormous at the firm and we're proud of it. Those who say you're selling..."
"The culture and people, the multi-jurisdictional scope of the work and the benefits..."
"Long hours, weekend work (hard to plan weekends away), having to cancel plans due..."
"The people, the firm's place at the top of the legal industry and the long list of..."
"Retention rates are very high as they aim to keep everyone."
"There are two women at the helm of the London office."
"A friendly, open and encouraging firm."
"Personally I think more flexibility and transparency regarding the seat allocation..."