"Hard-working, with high expectations."
- The firm has a very positive culture with regular social interaction between trainees.
- Remuneration is top of the market at trainee level and continues to improve following qualification.
- Supervisors and mentors are always on hand to help their assigned trainees.
- The quality of work and responsibility given to trainees is very high.
- Hours can sometimes be unpredictable and long, making it hard to make plans after work.
- The process around secondments could be more transparent and flexible.
- There can be a lot of expectation placed on trainees.
- The formal legal training in smaller departments leaves some room for improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Our interviews are very friendly, and mine felt fairly informal. I think the best..."
"The culture of the firm is a standout characteristic. There are a lot of really nice..."
"The formal training varies depending on your department. Larger departments tend..."
"Mentoring is strong and there are strong budgets and an internal culture that fosters..."
"The offices are nice and in a good location a two-minute walk from Liverpool Street...."
"If there's work to be done, that comes first. However, the teams will do their best..."
"Trainees don't get bonuses but as far as I know the associates are happy with their..."
"Free cake, breakfast and lunch once a month is a great perk at the firm."
"I was asked about my CV and what I had taken away from the vacation scheme. I was..."
"There's evidence that we're helping the environment pretty much everywhere you look...."
"The firm is very open and has a good mix of individuals. The diversity committee..."
"I've been shocked at how high the quality of work has been. It has involved client..."
"I have worked on pro bono projects relating to incorporation of charities, legal..."
"The responsibility you are given here is great, accompanied by an excellent salary,..."
"Unsociable hours, sometimes unclear instructions."
"The international aspect and opportunity to work on cross-border deals."
"The firm tries its utmost to ensure every trainee is retained if they want to be..."
"There is an ipad-controlled coffee machine in the canteen."
"A friendly, laid-back firm with a flat structure, which offers a high level of responsibility..."
"Offer better options for both client and international secondments."