About Lattitude Global Volunteering
Lattitude is an international youth development organisation that provides voluntary work experience/Internship placements for young people worldwide.
Established in 1972 in order to give young people the opportunity to experience the world beyond their community and to truly engage with it, we help to develop young people’s awareness and responsibilities towards themselves and others, and equip them with employability and life skills.
Our largest programme is in the UK, placing over 200 participants each year from a wide range of nationalities, providing them with a sponsored visa in order to undertake post-student activities in the UK.
Recognising the limited opportunities for such overseas students to remain in the UK after their studies, Lattitude are offering our existing links with establishments around the country to provide international graduates with the opportunity to extend their stay by arranging internships and sponsoring their Tier 5 visa (Subject to UKVI approval).
We are able to offer:
- Fixed roles (set role, with accommodation, food and weekly allowance)
- Flexible, bespoke arrangements (no accommodation, food or weekly allowance), after discussing desired locations and lengths of stay
Organisations include Community, Outdoor Activity, Schools (Boarding / Primary / Special Needs), Health & Social Care, Not-for-Profit and Animal Welfare.
No specific qualifications or experience necessary, but a level of English is required for some roles.
Personal & Professional Development gained from these roles:
- International work experience
- Working in an English-speaking working environment
- Key employment ‘soft’ skills
- Cross-Cultural Emotional and Social Intelligence
- Creative Thinking and Innovation
- Taking Responsibility and Individual Decision Making
- Team Work
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Key personal skills, such as, confidence, independence and taking responsibility
- Valuable experience in specific vocational areas
- Understanding of what it means to be a Global Citizen.