"Premium service, high standards, unique."
- Excellent training is provided in each department that covers a wide array of topics to help develop a range of skills.
- Trainees are assigned substantial tasks and are trusted with important work for high-profile clients.
- The firm is working hard to improve diversity and reduce its environmental impact.
- Salaries are seen as being very competitive and only low compared to US firms.
- Trainees could be given more transparency when it comes to seat options.
- There can be a lot of pressure, which some trainees may find intimidating.
- Some feel that feedback could be given more frequently.
- While there is flexibility with hours, the workload can be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"The application process for a straight training contract application is an application..."
"There is an open-door culture at the firm and an emphasis on teamwork and partners..."
"We receive a high number of focused training sessions throughout trainee period,..."
"I have found it easy to talk to anyone regarding issues I may have or for advice..."
"The offices are comfortable and nice but the facilities can be a little below par...."
"The hours are long and there is no getting away from that. Compared to other firms..."
"Fair reflection of the hours/work put in by trainees."
"I appreciate the free dinners after 8:00pm. We also have some good offers at local..."
"After a morning of interviews I was then offered a trainee contract on the same day...."
"Have you ever been put in a situation where you have had to defend your views against..."
"The firm recycles."
"This is a weaker area, and admittedly so, but the powers that be are on a diversity..."
"Satisfaction with my work has varied across the two departments I have been in. During..."
"We now have a day a year that we can spend on pro bono but generally it is up to..."
"There's a collegiate environment, excellent training and an open-door policy. We're..."
"The hours can be tough and unpredictable."
"The variety of work and the firm's reputation for the training the trainees receive...."
"We're known for having a high retention rate, and it shows. It's not dog-eat-dog..."
"An interesting or little-known fact about Macfarlanes is that the firm has a desk..."
"A traditional, English, historic and polite firm with a nice atmosphere."
"The firm does CV blind applications."
"I'd like better feedback and an indication of how you are progressing in each seat...."