- Excellent training is provided in each department that covers a wide array of topics to help develop a range of skills.
- Trainees are assigned substantial tasks and are trusted with important work for high-profile clients.
- The firm is working hard to improve diversity and reduce its environmental impact.
- Salaries are seen as being very competitive and only low compared to US firms.
- Trainees could be given more transparency when it comes to seat options.
- There can be a lot of pressure, which some trainees may find intimidating.
- Some feel that feedback could be given more frequently.
- While there is flexibility with hours, the workload can be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"We have a fairly lengthy online application letter so take your time with it. We..."
"People work hard but there is a genuinely friendly feel about the firm and it's small..."
"The firm offers refresher courses for LPC and skills training for general legal practice...."
"I have been lucky to have a very conscientious supervisor who has been very busy..."
"Our new office could be bigger but the dress code has just moved to dress down Monday-to-Friday,..."
"The firm can be quite flexible. But for those of us in transactional departments..."
"Pay is really good and trainees receive bonuses which is highly unusual at law firms...."
"The best perks for me are the free lunches at training, invitations to events for..."
"The interview process consisted of a group task, a CV interview, a scenario interview..."
"I was asked general questions about my academic background, as well as specific questions..."
"Some recycling schemes."
"The firm is not very ethnically diverse at any level and at the top level men predominate...."
"I have quite a lot of responsibility and have met clients frequently, relative to..."
"The firm has introduced a charity day and there are lots of other initiatives. I..."
"Considerate associates, good deals and the general progression of work quality throughout..."
"I would say that some departments can exhibit an old fashioned hierarchy at times...."
"The vacation scheme was great. Also, I worked with genuinely nice people and felt..."
"Retention levels are very good on the whole as there are enough jobs for everyone...."
"The Macfarlanes client office stands on the same small street as Mr Snagsby's law..."
"Friendly, prestigious, demanding and high quality."
"It has some programmes with underprivileged schools, etc."