"High quality, supportive and dependable."
- Excellent training is provided in each department that covers a wide array of topics to help develop a range of skills.
- Trainees are assigned substantial tasks and are trusted with important work for high-profile clients.
- The firm is working hard to improve diversity and reduce its environmental impact.
- Salaries are seen as being very competitive and only low compared to US firms.
- Trainees could be given more transparency when it comes to seat options.
- There can be a lot of pressure, which some trainees may find intimidating.
- Some feel that feedback could be given more frequently.
- While there is flexibility with hours, the workload can be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"Read up extensively on the firm but don't sound like you're reeling off figures you..."
"There is little sense of hierarchy and the partners and senior solicitors make a..."
"Training is generally excellent, with a large amount of trainee-specific training..."
"There's lots of mentoring going on with a partner mentor, a supervisor, the graduate..."
"Macfarlanes LLP recently opened a new office in September that houses nearly everybody..."
"The hours are long and there is no getting away from that. Compared to other firms..."
"The pay is generally good. I'm looking forward to my pay going up as a second-year..."
"There are taxis after 10:00pm, free dinner after 8:00pm, good pensions, health insurance..."
"I had a vacation scheme interview, a two week vacation scheme and a training contract..."
"One interview focused on my CV and interest in law, the other was in response to..."
"Macs has improved its efforts to reduce its carbon footprint. We are encouraged to..."
"We are equal numbers male and female at the more junior level, but we still have..."
"Most of the work I have been assigned is challenging and interesting. Other bits..."
"There is a good range of pro bono work such as advice clinics, non-chargeable time..."
"Level of senior involvement in training. I get great exposure to senior people and..."
"I feel that the firm's modesty can sometimes lead it to not market itself in the..."
"I liked the firm's pleasant culture, high quality of work, the fact that is UK-focused,..."
"Our firm hits near 100% retention rates every year. The firm always offers enough..."
"We have our own street/walk through called 'Mac's Place'."
"Friendly, inclusive and driven."
"The firm does CV blind applications."
"A change would be to have more skills-based workshops for trainees, such as on negotiation,..."