About Mars & Co
Background and reputation
- Type of business: strategic management consulting firm. We bring competitive leverage to a very limited number of international leaders in their sector and serve them worldwide on an exclusive basis – the only consulting firm of any consequence to guarantee fidelity.
- Our clients: top management of leading international corporations.
- Our goals, values and operating principles: Mars & Co’s goals are very simply to keep developing the ‘partnerships’ it builds with its very prestigious clients while enabling its staff to grow as harmoniously as possible. Development goals are totally consistent with Mars & Co’s positioning: to grow the group to 400–450 consultants serving 30–40 clients, all guaranteed the exclusivity of Mars & Co’s services in their fields. Among the world’s major strategy consulting firms, Mars & Co is the only one of European origin. Founded in 1979, its major ‘raison d’être’ has remained to serve clients on an exclusive basis to deliver powerful contributions to their success. At present Mars & Co employs over 200 consultants in its seven offices (Paris, New York, London, San Francisco, Tokyo, Shanghai and Singapore).
We look for
- Well balanced individuals with strong personalities
- Diverse in background, experience, personal interests and styles
- Catalysts for change who stand by their findings
- Team players who thrive in an intellectually stimulating environment
- Mobile and enjoy travelling domestically and internationally
- Good communicators with the ability and desire to teach others
The people who join us have:
- Degrees from top-ranking universities and business schools
- Strong quantitative skills meshed with creativity to develop practical strategic recommendations from detailed analyses
- The intellectual power, mindset and physical stamina to thrive in the deadline driven environment
- The power of persuasion tempered by solid work ethics and a sense of humour
Your career path: a successful apprenticeship
Mars & Co provides its professional staff with superior opportunities for personal growth and income. This is made possible through a career path built around the apprenticeship format. There is no pre-determined promotion schedule at any level within the firm. People are promoted as soon as they can successfully handle a more demanding role and, as a matter of policy, Mars & Co promotes only from within: this is what meritocracy is about.