"Supportive, encouraging and motivating."
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and people of all levels are easy to talk to.
- Pay is seen as being fair and there are regular performance-based reviews.
- Work given to graduates is varied and interesting and fits well around training.
- There’s a good degree of flexibility when it comes to hours and a strong focus on work/life balance.
- The online training isn’t always as engaging or structured as people would like.
- Some processes can feel slow due to the size of the company.
- While efforts are made to improve the company’s environmental impact, more could be done.
- As with other areas of the industry, diversity could still be better.
What insiders say about...
"There was an online application, aptitude tests, a video interview and an assessment..."
"It's brilliant from the top down. Everyone is friendly and there is a lot of socialising..."
"Our office is very spacious. Desks and chairs are not the newest but are still comfortable...."
"Hours are 9.30 am to 5.30 pm but you work until your tasks are finished. I find my..."
"The pay is excellent and the rewards for passing exams are also good and better than..."
"There's a large employer contribution to pensions and a car allowance once you're..."
"It was a pretty informal chat about my CV and previous experiences and felt more..."
"Mercer works a lot on ESG initiatives and has integrated such commitments into its..."
"In my experience, managers from all areas are happy to help and give advice when..."
"The company is very generous with maternity/paternity leave. Flexible working arrangements..."
"It's hard to judge at this moment in time. We have been given goals that we need..."
"You are given a number of clients to work with from the off. A usual day requires..."
"It is a large company that is expanding and this offers multiple opportunities and..."
"I've experienced a lack of training and a limited variety in projects."
"After London and New York, Norwich is the third largest Marsh office in the world...."
"Understanding, considerate and fair."
"I read up on the graduate programme and it showed the value Marsh placed on its graduates..."
"The in-person training is fantastic, though the majority of training is online as..."
"Strengthen the commitment to diversity."