"Challenging, rewarding and supportive."
- People of all levels are approachable in the office and willing to help each other.
- The flexible hours are popular and allow employees to have a good work/life balance.
- Both starting pay and salary progression are seen as competitive in the industry.
- Previous experience in coding is not a requirement at the company.
- There’s considered to be a lack of diversity, though this is being addressed.
- Some feel there is a lack of formal training.
- While the pay is seen as being good, the pay structure could be more transparent.
- A new office is being built, but the current one is getting run down.
What insiders say about...
"The interview is tough. Practising logic problems is the best way to prepare."
"There is a great culture with lots of team-building and morale events making for..."
"The Edinburgh office is brand new and has good facilities."
"I work 37.5 hours a week. There are very flexible working times."
"My salary started in line with good graduate software employers and has grown at..."
"You are offered a place in a company house when you start, if you want it. This was..."
"I was asked about my personal reasons for applying to Metaswitch and why I wanted..."
"I haven't really heard of much beyond recycling."
"Managers only manage a small number of people and the low- to mid-level managers..."
"There is commitment to improvement but the company is not currently very diverse...."
"Managers are picked on technical expertise more than anything else. We don't have..."
"I'm mostly assigned work that is at a suitable level yet still allows me to contribute..."
"We've got a good working environment and are given responsibility from day one. We..."
"It can be difficult to get insight into the pay structure and therefore to know how..."
"We started off making automatic tills."
"Innovative, values employees, ambitious and fun."
"I really enjoyed my internship."
"Training is mostly on-the-job. You have a dedicated mentor who will answer any questions..."
"Better pay at the higher levels of the company. This would be a good idea since,..."