"Cares about making you the best it can."
- People of all levels are approachable in the office and willing to help each other.
- The flexible hours are popular and allow employees to have a good work/life balance.
- Both starting pay and salary progression are seen as competitive in the industry.
- Previous experience in coding is not a requirement at the company.
- There’s considered to be a lack of diversity, though this is being addressed.
- Some feel there is a lack of formal training.
- While the pay is seen as being good, the pay structure could be more transparent.
- A new office is being built, but the current one is getting run down.
What insiders say about...
"The application process for Metaswitch is fairly long. It involves an application..."
"There are no politics within the office and everyone is willing to help each other...."
"Our offices are lovely. We have new desks with colourful dividers (we got to pick..."
"My employer is very flexible about when work happens. I can start and leave early,..."
"I am paid a very fair salary for what I do. Pay is reviewed regularly during annual..."
"You are offered a place in a company house when you start, if you want it. This was..."
"There were various problem-solving questions that required a written answer."
"I can only speak for the Edinburgh office but facilities for those wanting to run/cycle..."
"My first two managers are actively a part of my day-to-day development, communications..."
"The company is largely male, as is generally the case in the software industry. Management..."
"I feel that this depends a lot on your team within the company. Some teams have a..."
"I'm mainly writing and debugging code (in Java and Perl). There's some documentation,..."
"There's a friendly and open culture as well as a disciplined and adaptive approach..."
"Not knowing what department (out of development, support and systems test) you'll..."
"Metaswitch used to be called data connection, so all our products start with DC."
"Flexible, relaxed, challenging and intellectual."
"They have an excellent reputation, a very good salary and a relaxed working environment...."
"All of our training sessions are provided in-house. I have attended various programmes..."
"Better pay at the higher levels of the company. This would be a good idea since,..."