"Employee-focused and keen to do difficult things well."
- People of all levels are approachable in the office and willing to help each other.
- The flexible hours are popular and allow employees to have a good work/life balance.
- Both starting pay and salary progression are seen as competitive in the industry.
- Previous experience in coding is not a requirement at the company.
- There’s considered to be a lack of diversity, though this is being addressed.
- Some feel there is a lack of formal training.
- While the pay is seen as being good, the pay structure could be more transparent.
- A new office is being built, but the current one is getting run down.
What insiders say about...
"Brush up on your mental maths a little. Interviews are mostly focused around problem..."
"There isn't much of a hierarchy. Even though some people are more senior than others,..."
"Our offices are lovely. We have new desks with colourful dividers (we got to pick..."
"Some people work early, some people work late, some people fit their work around..."
"My salary is relatively competitive, at least for outside London. It's not the most..."
"Health insurance, roadside assist offers, optician offers and Dell offers."
"I was asked a lot of questions! There are lots of written tests that are followed..."
"I think we do fine here. Maybe some more bike facilities at the office would be nice...."
"Managers are good at taking time to aid your learning. Dedicated mentors also support..."
"Attitudes towards women are improving but there are still issues (as expected in..."
"There seems to be a lot of scope for career progression both as a technical specialist..."
"I'm mostly assigned work that is at a suitable level yet still allows me to contribute..."
"Metaswitch invests a lot in its employees. There is a strong focus on personal and..."
"There's not a lot of car parking space."
"The company's current name, Metaswitch, is derived from the name of the telecoms..."
"Welcoming, meritocratic and eccentric."
"The training programme seemed perfect for someone like me with no coding experience...."
"Most of my training has happened while on the job as I am introduced to new features/aspects..."
"I'd like to see basic formal technical training for new employees."