"Collaborative, supportive and ambitious."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"Highlight an area of the firm that genuinely interests you. Mills & Reeve does work..."
"In the office, there is a very positive atmosphere. People make themselves available..."
"There is a trainee checklist to adhere to. Eye to detail is a skill that I've picked..."
"Trainees have an allocated partner as their training principal; the quality of mentoring..."
"All the larger offices have either already been, or will be, refurbished by the end..."
"Hours are genuinely very good. As long as you do your work, there's no culture of..."
"I think the fact that all staff receive the same bonus is a key example of how non-hierarchical..."
"Trainees get tickets for all sorts of interesting events where M&R has a presence,..."
"I went through the vacation scheme process; I completed an online application form..."
"I was asked all about my application and generally about my interests outside of..."
"I am not aware of any."
"No apparent discrimination and there's equal opportunities for all."
"The level of responsibility and day-to-day interaction varies within each team. I've..."
"I undertook some pro bono work when I first joined, which was very rewarding and..."
"The wide range of practice areas and four month seat rotation."
"Trainees are unofficially expected to do a Real Estate seat - while some trainees..."
"The culture and wide range of practice areas, and the opportunity to be given responsibility..."
"Retention rates seem to be back on the up. In the past the firm has been very good..."
"We have a dress-down day on the last Friday of each month with all proceeds going..."
"Leader outside London"
"Attend various career events at local schools/universities."
"The work/life balance is very good and you always feel supported."
"More secretaries to ease the administrative workloads."