"Driven. Committed. Ambitious."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"Research the firm's vision and values and really think about why you want to work..."
"People are friendly and the open-plan environment gives the impression that you can..."
"Partnership with local chambers to provide up-to-date case law training in family..."
"The firm has a very thorough review process - which ensures we receive regular feedback...."
"The Birmingham office could do with a refurb but the layout is good - we have pods..."
"I have not had any need for flexible hours but have seen a number of other people..."
"I think the pay for trainees and NQs is on a par with other major players in Birmingham...."
"Give a day - day's annual leave to pursue corporate social responsibility activities...."
"I applied for the summer placement for the January 31st deadline - I then had to..."
"During my interview I was asked what skills could I bring to the role."
"The firm has extensive recycling facilities and uses eco-friendly lighting as much..."
"There was a high proportion of women in both teams I have sat in and there are female..."
"In my current seat I am getting to do great, intellectually-challenging work. As..."
"The firm runs the FLAG programme in association with Birmingham University and it..."
"Work/life balance, friendly atmosphere."
"There's sometimes a lack of consistency in the training approach."
"Impressed by the firm's values and how they fitted with my own. The fact that the..."
"The retention rates improved last year but there is still an overall concern about..."
"Our office is decorated with paintings of local artists. These are usually changed..."
"Collaborative and ambitious."
"Working with charities such as INTO University to encourage children from less privileged..."
"There are times which are stressful, but that can depend on the workload."
"There could be more regular team meetings (in certain seats) to ensure that trainees..."