"A top tier firm with a friendly approach."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"The firm's application process involves an application form, online testing, a central..."
"The firm has a very collaborative culture. Trainees tend to have lunch together and..."
"We have the opportunity to sit in six different areas of law which provides great..."
"With very rare exceptions, this is a very strong area for the firm. Supervisors are..."
"The Cambridge office is really close to the train station so it's easily accessible..."
"Good working hours and the firm has been very helpful and accommodating where I have..."
"The Cambridge salary does not reflect the living costs of Cambridge and should be..."
"You are given accommodation expenses if you undertake a training seat in another..."
"I was offered a training contract after completing the vacation scheme with Mills..."
"I remember being grilled by the partner as I had used the same example a couple of..."
"Intentions to go paperless and in the process of doing so."
"The firm has an LGBT+ group and has just recruited a diversity manager."
"I have had a great deal of client interaction throughout my training contract, both..."
"I have been part of the free legal advice group, which works with the University..."
"Good training opportunities, good client contact and variation of work delegated...."
"The air conditioning/heating systems - the office is either too hot or too cold!"
"The culture and work/life balance were the predominant factors."
"There has been 100% of retention of the trainees in the Norwich office this year..."
"Mills & Reeve is the only UK law firm which, for the last ten consecutive years,..."
"Infectiously ambitious and striving for outstanding client service."
"Working with charities such as INTO University to encourage children from less privileged..."
"Not too stressful - in general people listen if you are very busy and haven't got..."
"More transparency and earlier notification about the secondments and office moves..."