"Driven. Committed. Ambitious."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"Traditional application process (application form, assessment day and interview with..."
"Whilst still a traditional law firm (with associated hierarchies and seniorities)..."
"There is a trainee checklist to adhere to. Eye to detail is a skill that I've picked..."
"People are always keen to help and the firm is trying to overhaul its review process..."
"The Cambridge office is light and airy. Being open-plan really helps you to meet..."
"Hours tend to be 9.00 am to 6.00 pm but everyone mucks in and helps when the team..."
"I think the rate of pay for trainees is excellent at my firm. Also, we, along with..."
"Tickets to Norwich City Football Club box."
"The interview process for the vacation scheme was very rigorous and included an assessment..."
"I was asked various questions including reason for choosing degree subject, Also..."
"We are working hard to become a paperless firm."
"The firm is very committed but this is still ongoing. I wouldn't want to come out..."
"I am under the impression that trainees are given much more responsibility at Mills..."
"The firm runs the FLAG programme in association with Birmingham University and it..."
"The level of responsibility given as a junior, plus the supportive working environment...."
"Not great pay, especially in Cambridge (it's almost as expensive as London)."
"The firm was closely involved with my university and ran numerous events for students...."
"The retention rates are excellent."
"Mills & Reeve was part of the original M5 group."
"A welcoming, genuine and great place to work."
"Working with charities such as INTO University to encourage children from less privileged..."
"Not too stressful - in general people listen if you are very busy and haven't got..."
"Better salaries, based on the rental market of the city in which the office is."