"A welcoming, genuine and great place to work."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"Target your application to the firm. Really read about the firm and understand why..."
"People are friendly and approachable. We are completely open plan and it is easy..."
"We have the opportunity to sit in six different areas of law which provides great..."
"The firm has a very thorough review process - which ensures we receive regular feedback...."
"The Cambridge office is brilliant, with views over the Botanic Gardens and the city...."
"I rarely have to work very late and when I do I feel I am really contributing so..."
"The pay is not high enough for a firm that prides itself on doing City work, out..."
"You can do a seat in another office and the firm will pay your relocation costs...."
"I started with an application form for vacation scheme which was then followed by..."
"Why I wanted to work at the firm, what departments I would be interested in trying..."
"I sit in a paper-free Real Estate seat (ambitious) and staff are heavily encouraged..."
"The firm is very good and transparent about supporting these values. Lots of women..."
"There are obviously times as a trainee when you get lumbered with the boring jobs,..."
"Some individuals are really committed, which is amazing. The firm has just halved..."
"The working environment and colleagues."
"The air conditioning - it's never right."
"The culture and wide range of practice areas, and the opportunity to be given responsibility..."
"Retention rates are good and the firm generally looks to keep everyone on. The only..."
"The firm has a rowing team that competes in the Cambridge town bumps every year."
"Attend various career events at local schools/universities."
"Not too stressful - in general people listen if you are very busy and haven't got..."
"I'd like to see more consistency across seats. Some are excellent at getting trainees..."